Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

hope thats an ok puck for you TBC, had someone else in mind but see he wa picked for you before so didnt want to give you the same guy again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Should have picked David Flair!

Any excuse to wheel out his infamous tron video.

:pac:

Was gonna pick him but He was just so bad in the ring, Reid was actually tipped to be the next Nature Boy!

Raf32 wrote: »
    Was gonna pick him but He was just so bad in the ring, Reid was actually tipped to be the next Nature Boy!

The only thing I ever remember about him is that tron and getting beat up by the Undertaker.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    The only thing I ever remember about him is that tron and getting beat up by the Undertaker.

Probably for the best, in WCW he couldnt wrestle, sell or speak on the mic. Apple fell very far from the tree.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

didn't get to read as many as id hoped today and read 1 out of sequence as my screen froze (possibly due to loading all those gifs/pics on one page) on one long enough that I read it even though id others to read first but here is a little feedback will try and do more as I go along, will also hopefully have BWA Raw no.4 up in the next day or 2

MNG: cant remember if i gave you feedback on the one where you brought punk back but if not it was great as is to be expected from the 2 time champ, unusual things im curious about tho are what will happen to the other Divas (kaitlyn and Tamina) as surely your going for some sort of AJ/Beth feud, the rest unless you have a few swerves I could possibly predict (matches not what youll do with em obviously). Think it was great how you used the returning Cornette too

Jester & JCW has me intregued cos of the very attitudional (im sure thats not a word) roster. Jericho Championship Wrestling on RTE could def be interesting, think Shad would work well in a bodyguard role though JTG/Harper seem like quite a random paring and swagger helping out MnM, def wanna read the next installment here to see whats going on and to see how DDP is used

Walt: Obviously still have Von Erich, The Shiek , your tag teams and more to book but what you did was simple yet very very effective. Jake vs Steamboat in a cage could be awesome and i did like his promo with the giant snake. Lesnar vs Piper is a great contrast and im expecting some twists with that one and the undercard is extremely solid with Tiger Mask/ Malenko and Misawa/Kobashi instant classics that dont need to be over booked

Shag and LuchavaVoom: The meatheads are a very interesting group and Warrior as the lone wolf against them could be great, the springer show is a nice way to forward / intro feuds imo,The Adonis & D-Von/Pope angel will def garner a lot of attension but not as much as a Cena heel turn and him vs Flair as a result of one, that = $$$

Liz- shatner & Heenan would be gold and I think he could work wonders with Sandow, curious to see what gimmick Tyson Kidd goes for and Hassan vs Angle if you go that way could be interesting, biggest shock though was the lack of a tbc... cliffhanger ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I have a great idea for David, but before I go ahead with Walts pick, can I ask is Flair eligible? I'm probably missing something and I'd hate to book him then have someone point out he isn't eligible

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

David Flair? Don't see why he wouldn't be eligible.

Wrong name, meant Reid Flair!

I can change it to David if that gits better

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    I can change it to David if that gits better

Oh no no no no no! Have a plan for Reid ready to go, just want to be sure he is eligible as I'd hate to loose him after writing a show and using him

My usual source has him having wrestled two matches with WCW before his tours on the Indies and in Japan.

October 4, 1998–WCW Nitro: Reid Flair defeated Eric Bischoff..
    June 12, 2000–WCW Nitro: David Flair & Vince Russo defeated Ric Flair & Reid Flair.

...so yeah, think he's eligible.

My usual source has him having wrestled two matches with WCW before his tours on the Indies and in Japan.

October 4, 1998–WCW Nitro: Reid Flair defeated Eric Bischoff..
    June 12, 2000–WCW Nitro: David Flair & Vince Russo defeated Ric Flair & Reid Flair.

...so yeah, think he's eligible.

Excellent, thank you sir! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Thanks for the pick TBC! Hopefully Lewbowskilitle will enjoy his :cool:

I really dislike Teddy Hart but for something like this he's a potential great pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

He's a great pick, a great troublemaker for anyone's roster

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

4th and final Pre PPV show up for the BWA, bit more simle this time as I didnt have to introduce anyone new except Jannetty (who had an awful time) but im happy with it.

Now I can take my time doing up the PPV post and catch up on others shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

3rd show should be up tomorrow, and I will have feedback for all shows later

campo wrote: »
    3rd show should be up tomorrow, and I will have feedback for all shows later

Should have show 3 up later tonight.

Heres some feedback on the shows ive read so far, still a few to get to.

TSC : Loving Vince. More of him. I can picture the gif you had during the draft when you selected Arnold teh whole time. Havent read teh second show yet but i like the swerve with Rey.

MM : Much better second show, More pillman. I can smell that maybe he and Regal are in cohoots but i may be well off. Nicely written match with Storm and Danielson. Would like to see more Mach Man though.

Prop Joe : interesting way to go with your first show and a nice way to crown your champs. The Bagwell/Barber alliance was an interesting one. Always a fan of christian and happy to see him win gold.

Furious Red :
    Kane and Kennedy is a nice feud and im glad to see Kennedy coming back into it and not jobbing out to teh Monster. AJ/HBK is developing nicely and im looking forward to how these two will go forward

TBC :
    Loving the Dynamite /McGuinness alliance. Ive never heard Tom Billington speak so imagining him sounding like Danny Dyer thanks to your writing, is this a good thing for me :) ??? Liger is a man I wanted in my fed and happy to see him booked strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Bad news, Ive already drafted Eaton as part of the Midnight Express.

• Advertisement

More feedback on shows

BH show 2 : Bret is the man, youve used him to perfection, he is IMO the best used pick so far. Had visions of Rocky 4 when the hometown crowd turned on Drago Bret and cheer on Ace of teh Universe. Bruiser is also used very well and interested to see teh story go forward.

Shag : Great show, Flair and Cenas dialogue is great and the ending to the first show was done seemlessly. Liking the Bodyshop stable alot, surprised to see Chono as a face though.

JP Liz : Shatner and Heenan are written well and looking forward to more from both guys. I imagine your going with Hassan v Angle

MrK : Great overview and hoping you can write a show or 2 as youve a great kick ass roster.

Raf32 : Great to see a return of JBL, him and Ron can have a kick ass feud (though i only see one winner, hope im wrong). Raven v Sting has an Undertaker v Mankind feel to it which is a good thing

Brad maddox guy : Great use of Dusty and Vincnie Russo. The Hart feud is a good read too and has be looking forward to more

Walt : love your style of building up to the PPV. Refreshing all round and great use of a great roster. Piper is my fav from what you've wrote and hes been written epicly so far.

Brian regan : Id say Zack v Eric will be a great read and looking forward to it. Tazz and Joe have been written well and makes the match seem like a big deal in an ECW/ROH type fed way.

TSC show 2 : Poor Rey, i feel for him. Hes been written very well and interesting to see where he will fit in on the PPV as im expecting Eddie v Hunter. Vince once again is written perfectly. Loving heel Arnie too.

BH Show 3: : Poor Marty, he really got used as fodder for the night. Bret Excelled again and Santino is very intruiging. Big mismatch in terms of talent but Santino is being booked well.

Bad news, Ive already drafted Eaton as part of the Midnight Express.

Groan. Searched for Eaton, not the midnight express.

Can I pick a referee? There is one particular person that would fit in well with TSCs roster.

Once theyve appeared in WWF/WCW/TNA id imagine they are good seeing how valets and managers get picked

I hope so as he should definitely present some interesting writing for TSCs specific roster.

Thrilled with Hebner. Was about to start writing Show 3, and he fits in PERFECTLY with what I had planned, in a "Don't have to change a thing, but this makes it 100 times better" way. Thanks :D

Hope Red is happy with them :)

I noticed you've got a few tag teams, and I think adding a current champion is always a bonus, especially this late in the game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Some feedback

MNG: just after finishing your 2nd show and I am actually jealous how good you are, honestly I think WWE could do a lot worse then getting you on their creative team

Beakerjoe: I have read 2 shows so far, I really like the Ambrose and Shane Mcmahon thing , I am intrigued by the EC3 angle, plus Bam Bam and Kayon really well written

Walter: You are defo back with a bang be interesting to see will you be able to break the MNG strangle hold this year

BradMaddox: Im loving the hart foundation angle, plus the Hurriane is being used very well, over all very enjoyable

TBC: You are always one of my favs and this year is no different your opening segment of show 1 with Dynamite and Benoit was ace and it really set up your show and PPV

Jester: Tag tournie is a great idea for a PPV and show was great only slight grumble I had was Jericho and Foley should have been the main event on the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I'm assuming it's ok to put two people on the roster into a tag-team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Show 1 is up, Show 2 should be up before Saturday as it will be a lot more promo and a lot less wrestling. But enjoyed it all the same! Will read all the others and give a review as soon as I have and if anyone has any comments on mine feel free to say here!

• Advertisement

Great first show MrK, liked Candido alot in it and was a great way to use him. For someone who didnt have alot of time, youve done a hell of a job.

Sad to see MNG is up now with the final Draft pick of the comp. Kind of fitting seeing as he had the first pick that he gets to end the draft.

One thing is for sure its hard picking a clear fav to win this draft at the moment. I dont think theres any front runners, as most shows so far are strong and great reads. Ill have difficulty selecting were my votes stand at this moment in time. One thing I do know is, that I have to buck up my ideas if I want to get some points on the board myself, as competition is stiff. I feel like an underdog now having read most peoples shows and i feel like i need 3 great shows in order to keep up.

Im having fun, which is the main thing :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement