Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, I think it worked out well last year. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

When will voting for Rosters begin?

Also will there be slammies? Dont know if they were done last year

more feedback :

Shag :
    Love how the roles are more or less reversed from what we would normal see with Flair and Cena. As you know, Im raging you got Dvon and Pope as i wanted them to feud with Bam Bam and Kanyon. Great use of both lads as well as Jerry.

Prop Joe :
    Beefcake and Bagwell has been set up well, love the team names on that point (perfect million, buff cake, though now they are no more). I was actually believing Edge was on his way (thought maybe a brand cross over was happening) and it was a nice swerve. Im pondering to myself whos helping Orton and where its heading.

Raf32 :
    Nicely built up feud with Sting and Raven, its a feud id like to see at the top card of a real life show (when both lads were in their prime i might add). Everything with JBL and Ron has been build up well and has some nice humour to boot. The Miz is a great heel when used correctly and hes been used well. Looking forward to see what happens to Rocky

MNG :
    Firstly, great use of Eve (your bonus pick), shes been used cleverly and unlike how I would have imagined when I initially saw her drafted. Your show is long, but very easy to read. CM Punk and Hogan is interesting, seems that theres no real heels but just 2 men going at it in a realistic way. The voting angle was something that could very well be on Raw and its a perfect way to keep the show flowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm gonna get Show 4 up tomorow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

I think "Best Feud" or "Best Character" or both should be voted on at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I think "Best Feud" or "Best Character" or both should be voted on at the same time.

I'd agree with this, everyone always wants the draft slammies but once the draft is finished interest drops significantly and it doesent always get many votes / posts on thread to keep it on the main page, if we vote for slammy catagories while voting for what goes towards the overall winners then we will get a good turnout for such catagories.

+1

Some great characters so far too and some epic feuds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,601 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Caught up on some shows. Here's some feedback.

TSC
    That gauntlet line from Steph to Chyna was hilarious. Coughed up my tea when I read that. Really enjoyable and easy to read show once again. The end angle with Rey and Nash was also very well done. The dialogue is very well written and believable. Loving mad Vince at the moment!

BH
    You got excellent use about of Jannetty and I loved that you recreated the Barber Shop moment with the Freebirds. Very nice job building Santino up as well. Main event was well done which keeps us wanting more. I'm wanting Bret to get his comeuppance.

mrk
    Awesome main event. I enjoyed that read and the way you booked the turn. Looking forward to where you go with Austin and Bruno. Could be some great interactions there going forward. Also liked Zayn getting the big win as he's so likeable.

lebowskilite
    I thought the opening was great. Very good way to set up the title match and felt very important. Also gota kick out of you referencing Magnum TA’s title history. I liked the CWA invasion as well as Hall’s promo to set up the Roode match at Grandslam.

campo
    Thumbs up for LAX reunion. Loved you telling the crowd they couldn’t have Rock and Bray. I guess it’s best for business. The Rock Bottom will send them home happy anyway. Nice use of Gangrel and Mordecai as well. That’s a fun, weird match-up.

I've shows on page four still to read which I'll get to soon.

More feedback:

beakerjoe
    great opening angle with Ambrose dressing up. Ambrose has been one of the most fun characters for me. Very fun angles with Fandango vs Rude and the mystery involving EC3. I liked the ending with Okada avoiding the Spear as well which kept us waiting for it.

Raf32
    I’m impressed with how you’ve built the Raven/Sting feud. I thought JBL’s heel antics were great. Nice job with Rocky Johnson as well and I'm interested how you book his match on the PPV and whether he gets his win.

Prop joe
    very fun and easy to read write-up. I liked the distraction angle involving Jarrett and Christian. You did a great job building the angle involving Maryse and who she would align with also. I liked the mysterious goings on in the main event which is intriguing.

Shag
    The Cena/Flair angle continues to go strong. I liked Cena returning to the heel rapping and I find myself now rooting for Flair to beat him. I also really liked Ventura’s angle with Renegade and Warrior running down. The Steiners continue to entertain as well. Very good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Nearly have my PPV show done, will have it up tonight sometime

• Advertisement

Ill look forward to reading it, ive been working on show 4 til now. Wont be up for a while though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Final show up, that was really fun! look forward to reading everyones as they come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I'm without good access to laptop (I'm on my phone now) and work is getting busy for the next while so I'll just be putting up a ppv card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Got a good bit of my 3rd show done tonight. It might be a bit of a long one cos I'm packing a fair amount into this show. Hopefully have it up tomorrow. Still have a lot of reading to do on other shows.

I'm without good access to laptop (I'm on my phone now) and work is getting busy for the next while so I'll just be putting up a ppv card

Sorry to hear that Cman, was looking forward to see how your show developed, esp with some great guys on your roster and the up and coming Big E being booked well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Show 3 should be up in a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Show 2 is up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

week 3 up. Packed a whole lotta talkin' in. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Show 3 up..Kinda of a filler episode...Looking for feedback as always

Dont be so harsh on yourself Joe, it was a good read.

Question Joe :
    Will we ever find out who helped Orton the week before??? or will that be releaved in due course?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

When is the closing date? Cause ive been swamped with college work so hopefully i can get show 3 up tonight

When is the closing date? Cause ive been swamped with college work so hopefully i can get show 3 up tonight

Was wondering the same myself as I'll be in Spain for 4/5 days next week and really havent written too much recently (although I did anticipate this and do 4 build up shows early).

Also kinda mentioned it before but seing as everyone is always in favour of the idea of draft Slammies but it usually gets done post draft when folk kinda lose interest and thus it doesent get enough votes why dont we roll it into the votes for the winners eg vote on several catagories at the same time but obviously only 2/3 of them go towards the overall winners vote.

I suggest:

[to go towards the overall winner]
    Best Roster
    Best write ups
    Best overall

[and at the same time we also vote on]
    Best feud
    Best Main event character
    Best non-ME character
    Best Angle
    Holy **** moment or Best promo in the draft

Wrote my final TV show.

I'll give feedback to the other shows soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

3rd show is up. It's a bit long I think but I needed to fit a fair bit in. Also one of my angles is ridiculously over the top so brace yourselves for that :P I still have a lot of reading to do (basically the entire 4th page of the thread I think) so going to try and read it in order per user instead of what I had been doing (the show order on the threads).

And just in case anybody else's laptop is as slow as mine at loading these pages (cheers MNG for the quick link)
    Show 1
    Show 2
    Show 3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As I said in the picks topic...

Speaking of, I am setting MARCH 7th 2014 as our deadline. Chances are this will get pushed back a week cause we always end up having extensions, so I'm hoping that setting this date means we can post results up on March 17th and have a nice PW Draft related St. Patricks Day :)

So probably the 14th as a hard deadline :)

And yeah, the Slammies work as well. Won't count towards Overall Winner, but like the idea of asking people to vote at the same time.

cheers although from past experience even though you put one date in bold the fact that you mentioned the second one in any way or form at all probably means that will be the date (though yeah it seems thats what your suggesting anyway).

hmm Drunken voting!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

As I said in the picks topic...

Speaking of, I am setting MARCH 7th 2014 as our deadline. Chances are this will get pushed back a week cause we always end up having extensions, so I'm hoping that setting this date means we can post results up on March 17th and have a nice PW Draft related St. Patricks Day :)

So probably the 14th as a hard deadline :)

And yeah, the Slammies work as well. Won't count towards Overall Winner, but like the idea of asking people to vote at the same time.

Cool , if i can get my last show up tomorrow i should be able to make the deadline of next friday . Fingers crossed :)

Working my way through the shows I haven't read yet so here's some feedback:

Raf32
    Wrestlecade was a great read. I liked how you built up the main event with the promos which was a nice touch. Pleased to see the Scotsmen win the tag titles. The hardcore match was fun to read with an exciting finish. I liked that Drew won giving the Scotsmen all the gold. Sting/Raven had the ending I hoped for, and the finish to the main event was clever and would give you great options going forward.

Jester252
    The main event was a fun read and I liked the interaction with Jericho and the announcers. I’m impressed that you have made Lillian interesting and I’m curious what happens next with her and Y2J. I like the feud with the Outlaws and MNM also. I think they’d have good chemistry.

Moneymaker
    Great read. I love the prominent role Pillman is getting. Very intriguing way to end the Savage/Bryan segment with him appearing at the end. That was a very fun back and forth segment with Savage and Bryan. I liked that the crowd was split. The in-ring action was well written once again.

Lebowskilite
    funny line from Kong to Sydal. I like the time trial stip as they are usually good fun. Nice campo cameo as well. The matches were well written with my favourites probably The League’s two matches. The PPV main event should be a great contest too as that's an awesome stip.

Show 4 is on route !

• Advertisement

And its up sorry for the long delay had a good dose of writers block :P and was very busy with real life **** the past week so let me know what ya think guys thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement