Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Don't expect TSC's guy to last long so I have no hope of getting him, one guy I hope slips through other "larger" names and makes his way to me, and it's someone I have wanted to book since my first draft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Looking at the list of possible picks. I feel like a kid in a sweet shop.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

well the nasty shagger is online so you may not have to wait too long to have your selection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I imagine Flair was the old guy you spoke of TSC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Woooooooo!!!!

Really chuffed I landed Flair. So surprised he lasted so long. Three cheers for indie darlings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I imagine Flair was the old guy you spoke of TSC

Yeap.

Last two years, I've called my fed "To Be The Man Wrestling" and have had Flair as my central player. Was so so tempting to take him. But again, just couldn't miss the opportunity to go with Eddie.

Now to start planning some really distasteful angles :pac:

Yeap.

Last two years, I've called my fed "To Be The Man Wrestling" and have had Flair as my central player. Was so so tempting to take him. But again, just couldn't miss the opportunity to go with Eddie.

Now to start planning some really distasteful angles :pac:

Did MNG not have Ric last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I just realised this stip has given me no advantage what so ever

I was drawn 10th so that means in the next round I go ,yes you guessed it 10th

edit
    and there goes Foley , my list going into this was

1.Punk
    2.Bryan
    3.Eddie Guerrero
    4.Foley
    5.Flair
    6.Ambrose
    7.Bret Hart
    8.Samoa Joe

Did MNG not have Ric last year?

Huh. I could have sworn I did. Really had convinced myself I had him. :pac:

campo wrote: »
    I just realised this stip has given me no advantage what so ever

I was drawn 10th so that means in the next round I go ,yes you guessed it 10th

edit
    and there goes Foley , my list going into this was

1.Punk
    2.Bryan
    3.Eddie Guerrero
    4.Foley
    5.Flair
    6.Ambrose
    7.Bret Hart
    8.Samoa Joe

You go 11th next round :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

At least I got my second pick.

Foley was on my list, but hes interchangeable. Ive others in mind that can fill the foley role in one of my angles

Ive thought of a potentially cool way of debuting Solomon Crowe in BCW. Ohhh so far so good for me

Nope MNG's marquee fued was Flair VS Del Rio if I'm correct.

You go 11th next round :P

Ah FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

2 people in front of me and 2 choices i REAAAALLLY want, hate this part of the Draft:pac:

2 people in front of me and 2 choices i REAAAALLLY want, hate this part of the Draft:pac:

I really only have 1 choice left to go and if Connemara takes him then I have no clue who to go with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

campo wrote: »
    I really only have 1 choice left to go and if Connemara takes him then I have no clue who to go with
    I think I'm doing well. 5 of my choices are still holding up and we are almost halfway through the first round. If I can get out with who I want and then take who I want in Round 2 (which is guaranteed pretty much) then I'll be happy!

That's my definitely my "gimme" lucky round. Nothing worse than that 4 or 5 pick gap waiting to see whether the guy/gal you want is going to be plucked before you get the chance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Last few picks are more what I was expecting

Some cracking options still left though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I thought I was going to get away with one more round. Ok please be patient

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Man i never knew the likes of Foley hart and Flair were all in ROH at one point man am i learning already

Man i never knew the likes of Foley hart and Flair were all in ROH at one point man am i learning already

Hart and Flair, if I remember right (not something I'm doing well today), only made a small handful of appearances. It's one reason though I made sure to word it that they didn't need to have wrestled for ROH. Just appeared.

Still a few Round 1 worth picks left too :)

Hart and Flair, if I remember right (not something I'm doing well today), only made a small handful of appearances. It's one reason though I made sure to word it that they didn't need to have wrestled for ROH. Just appeared.

Still a few Round 1 worth picks left too :)

I presume we can't go for someone who made debut pre 1970

I decided not to revoke that rule for the round. I think it only limits one or two people though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Mouth is already watering for this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I decided not to revoke that rule for the round. I think it only limits one or two people though.

I think it would have damaged the pre 70s round it it was revoked

Pick up , when I got No.10 he was the 1st guy I thought off and he did ok for me during the ATH match up

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If a few ideas on who i want but have a feeling that will be dwindled down by the time its my go :( . Also when it comes to picking a tag team in this round say for instance Wrestler X wrestled/apeared in ROH and also tagged with Wrestler Y who was never in ROH could i still pick them as a team since dont think either have been World Champions

If a few ideas on who i want but have a feeling that will be dwindled down by the time its my go :( . Also when it comes to picking a tag team in this round say for instance Wrestler X wrestled/apeared in ROH and also tagged with Wrestler Y who was never in ROH could i still pick them as a team since dont think either have been World Champions

Nope both would need to have appeared on ROH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Pick Made.. PM Send.. Was conflicted between Kobashi/Misawa and one other wrestler.. But chose them because of the limitless Dream Matches for me I think they could have.. Plus the fact they've both been in BWA and MNG before doesnt hurt either;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement