Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Been snowed under with s#ite over the last while so I'm a bit behind on the shows. Three and four will be up within the next week and a half. PPV will blow minds!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've done my preview show and I've compiled all of my shows up to now into this one post:

Grapplemania preview

Hopefully that makes things more accessible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Shows 3 and 3 will be going up tomorrow, I'm gonna give feedback on all the shows once I get these out of the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Have my PPV Preview Show up and compiled the previous posts in just like MNG. Working away on the PPV and should have it up by Friday.

Will catch up on shows over the next few nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The visual of
    Dean Ambrose smooth talking in a suit is extremely creepy. I like how he's playing it cool and Shane is blowing his top, the opposite of what i'd expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Can't believe how time consuming the write ups are..enjoying it though..Looking forward to all the PPV's now

I read some more shows. Think I've got through all the ones on page four now. Some feedback:

Shag
    That end segment with Cena, Sherri and Flair was terrific. I like how you have made Cena so damn dislikeable. Flair's rant was top notch too. The angle with Warrior and Jesse was a lot of fun also.

Prop Joe
    I think this was show three and it was a lot of fun to read. The Swagger/X-pac stuff was funny and I liked the green slime bit. Jarrett was a great heel here too with him not releasing his hold. The main event was strong too and left fans wanting more.

Beakerjoe
    great opening promo by Okada. You’ve done a great job with him as heel. Rude/Fandango continues to be fun and I liked Rude having Summer’s face on the tights. You’ve made the Kanyon/Bam Bam feud very interesting and the ec3 mystery continues to intrigue. I like the new stip for Ambrose and Shane as well. Really looking forward to your ppv now.

Furious-Red -
    I’m liking the interactions with HBK and Styles and I was pleased to see AJ get the last word on this show with the Pele. The matches were fun reads with the Kane/Kruger vs Anderson/Graves match particularly well described. Nice to see Emma doing well also.

I've shows on page five still to check out which I'll get to soon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

might have been a little rushed (coulda def summed things up better) but my PPV preview show is up. Will be out of the country the next 5 days though so will put the actual PPV up as soon as I can once back (already wrote a little bit of it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just finished a draft for my final show and PPV.

I've change my mind roughly 5000 times for my main event send home. Now sure what I'll settle with but it should be fun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've the outline done for my 4th show and PPV. Just have to sit down and write them.

A reminder that the deadline is next Friday as well so still plenty of time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Have my PPV written, now to read it for errors. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Have the outlines done just need to write them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Sorry I have not posted I have been down with quinsy , but back on my feet will try get up 4th show tonight, and PPV for deadline

I have a lot of reading to catch up on also

You've still got a week to get the PPV done campo so you should be grand.

Some more feedback:

A Brad Maddox Guy -
    Great final angle there involving Taker. You made it feel very atmospheric with the thunder effects and fog. I liked the promos as well, especially Bulldog's one - 'I have no son'. That was class.

brianregan09 -
    I liked the memorable visual images you gave such as Tazz and Bischoff using Joe's own towel to wipe off his blood. That was a great touch. I also liked the angle with Low Ki and Rollins in his wheelchair. Matches were well laid out too. Looking forward to the PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Outline for 4th, 5th shows and PPV done.

Now... to write them... or will they write themselves?

...no, it turns out they won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Show 4 is up. Links to the other 3 shows in there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm quite behind but hope to have all up by Sunday night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Really panicking now. Haven't had two minutes to even start my last shows. I have the outline done for the shows and PPV but it's gonna take some sort of miracle to pull them off by the deadline. Crossing my fingers I can do this!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea aiming to have to my last show before the PPV up tonight

Some feedback...

beakerjoe -
    Nice pre-show song choice and the readthrough whet the appetite nicely for the PPV.

Prop Joe -
    I liked how you put over Tomko strongly with the Show angle. The six-man was a fun read and a strong angle to close out the show as well.

Bounty Hunter -
    Nice Judgement Day preview which got over the enormity of the matches, particularly the main event.

Teamshadowclan -
    Another very enjoyable read. Powerful angle to close out the show with Vince and Hunter. Loved Steph's interaction with Chyna again. Fun matches too.

A Brad Maddox Guy -
    That was a great final segment. You've done a great job with the Taker/Mutoh feud. I also liked how you set up Umaga and Booker. Val's segment with Hardcore was also very well done.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have my 4th show done, but I'm not too happy with it right now. Worry that time may force me to accept it is how it is, but it's very messy right now. :/

Going to sit on it over the day and see if I can think of any ways to improve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

My PPV card sorry I couldn't do a better job it is definitely Rushed

Well I finally managed the PPV write-up which is now up. I hope it proves an entertaining read for you folks.

I will compile everything into this post to make things handy as the evaluation thread is pretty clogged now. I think it will make it easier this way:

My preview show (which contains all of the build up shows in the one post)

and

Grapplemania PPV (Part One)

Grapplemania PPV (Part 2)

Feedback is welcome and appreciated. I'll give my thoughts on write-ups I've missed soon.

just stuck up my ppv preview show..will hopefully have the PPV up Friday...Jaysus it's time consuming..will hopefully get to read everyone elses over the weekend

Great read MNG, loved the AJ/Beth stuff.
    Surprised(in a good way) the main event didn't have a screwy finish.

Just read MNG PPV..Throughly enjoyed the Hogan v Punk match..The build up over the last few weeks was a great read..well done

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

looking forward to reading MNGs and all the rest (though i still have a few pre ppv shows to catch up on) but tbh Im struggling with my own PPV atm and will probably be working till late on Friday to get it in on time, don't think ill be the only one though after talking to the draft participants taking part in the podcast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I might as well ask as I would welcome an extension to this Sunday's deadline please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'd also have to ask for an extension. With paddies day coming up I'm floored in work (The joys of working in tourism!) so my free time has been almost non existent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement