Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'd also have to ask for an extension. With paddies day coming up I'm floored in work (The joys of working in tourism!) so my free time has been almost non existent

I'd like to plus one this! I've got a lot of unexpected hours before Friday.
    I've my go home show and PPV to bang out. I'm 1/4 through the go home and I haven't touched the PPV yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

*Looks at how much I've left*

*Looks at how Titanfall is out tomorrow*

Yeah, ok, I don't mind extending it. The deadline was tomorrow, but is another two days (so till Sunday night) enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Honestly it wouldn't be enough, my free time returns to be on Wednesday after Paddies day has been and gone

Perfect! Thanks man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Next Wednesday for me too please my laptop stil aint back from bein repaired

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I should be ok with that extension and get finished on Saturday at latest but yeah I wouldn't be surprised if St Patrick's day being on the Monday a lot of people find that weekend tough too and would prefer Wednesday, especially crabman the big Leprechaun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm big in the world of Leprechaun museums!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

*Looks at how much I've left*

*Looks at how Titanfall is out tomorrow*

Yeah, ok, I don't mind extending it. The deadline was tomorrow, but is another two days (so till Sunday night) enough?

I thought this coming Sunday was the deadline not tomorrow so could we maybe extend until Sunday week please or is that way too long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

PPV up and i wont have a chance to read over it, so hope its ok spelling wise. Been a pleasure writing it and hell at the same time. Will begin reading up on posts from tomorrow.

Once again thanks for letting me take part. Hopefully Ill have a good read when everythings up on paddys day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

just finished Beaker Joes
    Shane O Mac v Ambrose was quality...The build up has been probably my fav storyline so far
    New Japan Dynasty are now one of the biggest,Best and hated stables ever
    Solomen Crowes debut was quality
    Goldberg v Okada - Super main event - Loved the twist and loved the second one even more

Well done

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i was hoping to get my last show up this week but stupid college work getting in the way ha . So id love another extension if it suits everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think a longer extension would be for the best. If people are finding it tough to get write-ups done then they'll likely find it just as tough to get all the reading done, assuming they haven't read much up to now.

One possibility could be to extend the write-up deadline to next Friday, 21st March. Then we could have all of that weekend to cast our votes and TSC could announce the winner on Monday, 24th March.

I'd be okay with a longer extension than that though if need be. It's preferable to people rushing stuff and not having time to read properly.

I don't think we've lost anyone have we so having come so far it would be nice if we could end it together.

Anyways I've read some more write-ups so here's a bit of feedback.

Moneymaker
    Very enjoyable read and I liked the ending with Savage getting the upper hand and the mysterious ending with Pillman. The card looks tasty and I’m eager to read the PPV. What's that Pillman got in mind I wonder

Connemara man
    I remember you saying you felt it was rushed but I thought Big Brawl was a fun read. I liked the angle with Brie and Nikki’s jealousy getting the better of them and I think you made the right call in the main event with Hardy winning but nice to see Big E look strong even so. Well done.

Prop Joe
    I liked the angle to close the show and the bit with Tomko getting away from Show was fun as well. Eruption looks exciting. Curious to see how you book the finishes.

Hashtag
    I really liked how you introduced Vickie. She was a lot of fun. Barrett dressing up as a Black and Tan was a great touch. That made me laugh. You’ve made the European Title match feel very important and I thought the promos were all well written too, especially Sheamus’s one.

Liz
    Heh, I should give you a loan of CM Punk to help with your addictions in rehab. The main event angle was fun and I'm interested to see where you go next. I like the Heidi nickname too.

I haven't read beakerjoe's PPV yet but I'm looking forward to it. Gonna sit down with a cup of tea and read it and will try and give feedback on that later.

Thanks for that MNG! Really want to have Barrett and Sheamus to be the peoples main event. Wish I'd have them in the actual main event but I think the world title should be last on the card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Thanks MNG I was rendering at work so got time to do it. I would of liked a few shows to of developed things but I knew it was that or nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I love the idea of an extension especially as MNG laid it out as i wrote half my show last night and my computer crashed this morning and am basically starting from scratch..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just read beakerjoe's PPV. Some thoughts on it...
    It was a delightful read, this PPV. I was very pleased to see Kanyon get the win. Great debut for Crowe as well. I liked where you went with Fandango/Rude. Shane vs Ambrose surprised me (in a good way) because I was sure Ambrose would win that. The main event was back and forth and a lot of fun. Great stuff.

I also liked the little touches too. Tanaka's entrance, how you described the opening video package, Ambrose's cool entrance.

You clearly put a lot of thought into this and it showed. You've been a great asset to the game. Well done!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok, MNG suggested what I was going to suggest, so we'll run with it :)

I'll push the deadline back to FRIDAY MARCH 21ST and the voting will begin then. This gives people another week, and I think means we'll have had a month overall to write up shows. Being honest, if we've not gotten them done up within a month then, I worry it's a case of they just won't get done, and we've got to end it sometime :pac:

So....next Friday. This day in one week. And then that's it :)

Much obliged Teamshadowclan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Beakerjoe:
    Glad Kanyon won, as he had to really.

Good read, enjoyed the Rude/Fandago stuff as they would have great chemistry and Rude has always been a very under-rated heel.

Was surprised that Dean lost but it was a good swerve imo. Predictible is sometimes a good thing but here the swerve worked fine.

Okada and Goldberg was awesome, everyone came out looking good and the home crowd goes home happy. All you can ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Wrote preview for the PPV.

Was gonna write both but the preview alone took FOREVER so you're only getting the preview for now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

How long after Friday's deadline do we have to vote? Just wondering so I know how long I have to read all the shows as I'm still at least one episode behind on everybody's. As for my PPV, I have the foundations of it written i.e. the main match spots and show angles. It's just a matter of fleshing out the matches and writing commentary, both of which I underestimated having not included them before. I also have a match that even now I have no idea what the finish is going to be; I fear I may be more like Vince Russo than I'd ever like to admit :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

My laptop is back in action and my PPV is in progress finally , another thing i hadn't thought of was match order think I made a good choice though with what i started off with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Hi Guys,
    Sorry I could not finish draft but I had a bout of quinsy and than I needed to get tonsils out so been very unwell of late

my sincere apologies

campo wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Sorry I could not finish draft but I had a bout of quinsy and than I needed to get tonsils out so been very unwell of late

my sincere apologies

Sorry to hear that Campo, wish you a speedy recovery

Try and throw up a ppv card if you can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Shame to hear Campo hope you are on the mend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah campo, that's horrible news. Get well soon. There's still a few days to go and I'd love to seehow rock and Wyatt plays out.

Yeah thats a real shame as it was one of the shows I was most interested in tbh, Get well soon man

Finally, I have finished my PPV, had to split it into 2 cos it's feckin massive in size and now im just trying to clean it up a bit but will hopefully have it up tonight (tomorrow at the latest). Then i've got some reading to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Sorry to hear that Campo, hope you're better soon.

• Advertisement

At last It's posted
    h6q5.png
    3584314.png

Build up Show 1 - Show 2 - Show 3 - Show 4 - PPV Preview

Judgement Day PPV: Part 1 - Part 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement