Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Last show up . Bit rushed but hopefully ye enjoy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I have had literally no time to write anything til yesterday. Very worried I won't get the PPV done on time, as I don't want to compromise writing. However, I will have the PPV up on Friday evening if worst comes to worst but I do wish people will judge it on the merits of the whole write up versus the PPV. Might sound stupid but I would much prefer to get no votes against others who actually have managed there time correctly. Some absolutely amazing show build-up to PPVs that deserve votes rather than actual PPVs themselves

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Working on my PPV now, and about to post Show 4.

Have to admit, the current Bryan/Hunter story was similiar to something I had planned for Eddie/Hunter, and it's left me a bit jaded when writing up the main feud. I've changed things round, and think my 4th show is grand, but not what I had originally wanted sadly. It'll do, cause the original plans likely would have come across as a rip-off of current feuds, but so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Working on my PPV now, and about to post Show 4.

Have to admit, the current Bryan/Hunter story was similiar to something I had planned for Eddie/Hunter, and it's left me a bit jaded when writing up the main feud. I've changed things round, and think my 4th show is grand, but not what I had originally wanted sadly. It'll do, cause the original plans likely would have come across as a rip-off of current feuds, but so be it.

I had the same problem with Ambrose and Shane. I was always on the fence about what i wanted to do and the current Hunter/Bryan angle made my choice easier

Well, ****. When did Imageshack start charging to upload?

Ugh. Anyone got other alternatives? Need to get some stuff up for my PPV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I've been using Gyazo. Just screenshotting the picture I want and copying the link over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Just to check, we can post on Friday but not after yeah?

img.ie

thats what i use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just to check, we can post on Friday but not after yeah?

I would guess until Friday 21/03/14 at 23.59 :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

same thing happened to me, now using http://imgur.com/

though tbh I had only used the other one for drafts in previous years anyway and I dont think it does anything to your old pics when you dont pay to update your account so your old pics should still be in old posts etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Finally have my PPV done:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm onto my main event and then i'm done :P

Just have Arnold/Norris and Hunter/Eddie left.

The former, I'm just going to have some fun with :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Cant believe the end is nigh :eek: cant wait to read everyones this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pay Per View is done enjoy or not :) either way let me know what you think , I think this is the longest thing i've ever wrote O_O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

just finished...any questions just ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Fred phelps couldn't have a better time to kick the bucket! This will play very well into my tag team storyline!

I had a hell of a lot of catching up to do on shows so these are from a page or 2 back but here is my feedback from the past days reading:

Prop Joe:
    The roster on paper could suffer cos of the current product i.e Borton, Bootista, Big Slow, but in their prime and booked like you have this roster gets a whole lot more interesting and I must say I am very intregued by who is helping Orton

B.Regan:
    Really liked the Zach Gowan and easy E interaction and the idea of a match behind them sits well with me and the situation with Rollins def intregues me and im sure it helps that he reminds many of Jeff Hardy in many ways

MRK:
    Austin vs Sammartino is money, and I do think you made the right move as it does not need to title and you can elevate another feud and Devitt vs Zayn could be great and Devitt as a heel champ should be interesting

Lebowski:
    Hope campos absence doesn't hurt you later cos I really liked the guys involved in the interpromotional stuff especially how you wrote for a man not even on your roster and the guy i traded to Campo (Bob Backlund)

Campo:
    Rock vs Wyatts keeps me coming back as does the interpromotional stuff, nice to see the guy I picked for you (Dos Caraqs) get introduced into a proper feud so early too, not always the case with people picked for others. Then the show seemed to weirdly repeat itself but worded slightly differently a few posts later... or maybe that was just me

Beaker:
    Ambrose as Vince was class and rude using Rummer Rae was everyman's dream a very smart move while bam bam and the stripper parade would be hilarious imo

Raf32:
    Interesting move having Rocky in your main event but the right one imo as Raven vs Sting which is a great feud doesent need the belt afaic especially with the retirement stip... im thinking as a surprise he will actually be retired but whoknows

Prop Joe:
    liking buff cake and even though she is far too good for him think Maryse & Bagwll would be great together, Edges music was smartly used and the Orton mystery continues

Shagnastii:
    who doesn't like a bit of heel Cena and his vintage skank was a good move imo. was nice to see the dog faced gremlin looking strong and notbeing portrayed as a steiner afterthought too

MNG:
    Probably would have run down the MNG more if id read more shows before finishing my own :D but cant do so here it was really good and i like how your storylines are intertwined with the Lawler / Cornette feud. Also the returning champ heeling out while the Hulkster is the face is naturally good even if the IWC wouldn't love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Show four is up and the PPV is under construction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

It's looking really unlikely that I'll get anything done, just a case of bad timing with work, still have a massive amount to get through after Paddies Day. Not going to ask for an extension because that's not fair on others, I'll still send in my votes etc but unless all my work magically vanishes in the next few hours I most likely won't have a detailed PPV up, just a match by match :(

Fairly bummed 'cause I had great ideas for everyone, just bad luck with the timing of the write ups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It's not looking good for me either. Swamped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Or me, final year really is a b1tch

jaysus whats happening to the rest of the podcast crew

sorry if I skip any shows in my feedback I have a feeling I may have to to read all the actual PPVs before vote time but will try to avoid doing so as tbh I think I will have the build up shows in mind when voting cos some people put in a lot of effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I should have mine up tonight. I still have a few things not done and what I have done I may have to edit down cos I think I've gone into too much detail in some of the matches. If I'm pushed for time I'll post what I have anyway; at this point I'd say it's about 80% complete, formatting aside.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Should have at least half my ppv tonight . Fingers crossed i get it all up in the end

I'll post the voting details tonight around midnight. Will be the same as last year, but with the Slammies thrown in.

Voting for the Roster/PPV will be obligitory, as per usual, but I think it might be a good idea to say the Slammies aren't; I'll put the voting form with the rest of the things, and people can vote for how many they want, but it's not necessarily something I'll force on people. Likewise though, non-draft participants can enter the Slammies if they want too.

Is a week enough time for write ups? So close it next Friday, announce winners on Saturday?

Also, Slammy Categories:
    Best Feud
    Best Match
    Best Roster Pick
    Best First Time Entrant (Will need to do a list of who this applies to)
    Superstar of the Year
    Tag Team of the Year
    Diva of the Year
    LOL moment of the Year
    Most Underated pick of the Year

Anything else?

Im about to start reading PPVs and build up shows, about 3 pages behind me thinks but looking forward to reading. Been really busy over the last 2 plus weeks and hopefully will read all over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

It's gonna be very tight getting my PPV up. Might be tempted to, umm, edit the hell out of it until 3am.

:p / :( / :'s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Cheers for the feedback, BH. I still have yours and a few other write-ups to read.

I'll give some feedback over the weekend to those whose shows I've missed. Been unwell of late which is what's held up my reading (not as unwell as campo though - get well soon, fella)

Good luck to everyone with the last minute write-ups. I'm reminded of my university days looking at everybody frantically trying to meet the deadline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Have show four and PPV done. Have them on paper just really need to get typed up. Hope it will be OK to have them by the early hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement