Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Quick change; voting details will be done first thing in the morning. Will post in the evaluation topic and PM the details round as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Is the splitting in 2 of PPV posts purely because of image limitations or is there another aspect at play that I'm unaware of? I'll have it all up soon but just want to find out if I can post it all at once or not (don't think I'll exceed the image limitation)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Thumbs up for giving me/us till the morning.

Procrastination worthy of my college days :o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Have the PPV done just need to post it, lost my last match after my laptop died. While I should make it for 12 an hour or two extension is something I won't turn up my nose at.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Is the splitting in 2 of PPV posts purely because of image limitations or is there another aspect at play that I'm unaware of? I'll have it all up soon but just want to find out if I can post it all at once or not (don't think I'll exceed the image limitation)

Mine was simply due to pic limitations, I also then added a few extra pics after i'd split it as I like breaking up the big massive blocks of txt with images as I find it makes it easier to read / a bit less intimidating to read cos I know it's damn long... after 4 weeks of big build up shows though they needed detailed finishes (matches) imo but still thanks to anyone who makes the effort, and no need to thank MNG just hope I can get through all of the rest before voting time

plus it seems you lads already have your few hour extensions (maybe im wrong) as TSC said no voting info till the morning tho id imagine most wont vote till well after that and will take the weekend to read (I have to check again when votes have to be in before tho)

• Advertisement

Show 1
    Show 2
    Show 3
    Show 4
    MEWA WrestleRama PPV

PPV is up. Didn't get much chance to read back through it properly so apologies for any mistakes. I would have liked to put in more pictures for the reason Bounty Hunter gave but it took longer to create the images I did do than I thought it would so I couldn't really go looking for ones that would fit. Look forward to reading everybody's shows over the weekend now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Evaluation thread keep crashing on me but I hope the ppv went up and sorry if it reads a bit all over the shop I hope you get the gist of it

Didnt nessecarily mean the deadline was stretched on, but I guess cheeky sneak-ins wouldnt turn too many heads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

My PPV post appears to be nothing, but that's just your imagination and my inability to distinguish between preview and post. It will be up by morro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Finally done. Slow internet is the best when loading treads full of videos and pictures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Fcuk. Really sorry, I have 3 essays due for Monday, not a hope of me getting the other four fifths of my PPV done. Will vote next week for everyone once I actually have a breather and can look at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

DONE!!!! FANK FOOK.

Sorry about the delay. My send home and PPV on the last night:o:confused:

I'm on about page four on the evaluation so catching up to be done. I'll be fresh for voting. Weekend free so will have my votes soon enough.

Post here too, and PMs will be round shortly.
    And we're done.

We've got to call a halt at some stage, and with the deadline now passed, it's now time to start voting! I'll post this publically, AND I'll PM everyone later, just so everyone knows it's time to vote.

This year, same as last, I’m going to ask you to vote in two categories; “Best Roster” and “Best Write Ups”. The titles should be pretty clear; in Category One, you’re voting for who you think ended up with the strongest roster after the 15 rounds of draft picks. In Category Two, you’re voting for who you think wrote the strongest shows in the Evaluation thread.

In each category, I’d like you to fill out five names. I’d ask that you PM the following back to me, filled out.

BEST ROSTER

BEST WRITE UPS

Please note that order is vitally important when voting here. Please choose your winner as number 1, your runner up as number 2, third place as 3 and so on.

This is because, as in previous years, each vote will be counted up and attributed points based on the vote (1 = 5 points, 2 = 4 points, etc). Whoever gets the highest points average in each category will win that category. Furthermore, the Overall Winner will be determined by adding the two points total together; the person who achieves the highest combined score will be declared the winner of the PW Draft 2014.

Also, THIS VOTING IS OPEN ONLY TO CONTESTANTS OF THE DRAFT!

All votes should be submitted to me VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE by Sunday 30th March at 23:59 (So you've got over a week to read and vote, including two weekends). Winners will be announced on Monday March 21st.

It should be clear, but I’ll say it as well; don’t vote for yourself please.

Final Roster Lists can be found at the bottom of >>THIS POST<<

Evaluation Thread containing PPVs can be find in >>THIS TOPIC<<
    =============

Furthermore, we thought it would be easier this year if people voted for The PW Draft Slammies 2014 at the same time. These, unlike the main voting, are optional. The categories are as follows.

Best Feud

Best Match

Best Roster Pick

Best First Time Entrant (Will edit in eligible candidates asap)

Superstar of the Year

Tag Team of the Year

Diva of the Year

LOL moment of the Year

Most Underated pick of the Year

Again, order is important here. This is optional, you can vote for a max of three people but if you only want to vote 1 or 2, that's grand as well.

THIS VOTING IS OPEN TO EVERYONE!

Same deadline as well.

So yeah, get voting, and any questions, you know how to ask them at this stage :)

Once again, I’d like to thank everyone who participated in this years draft, and wish you all luck in the voting.

All PMs sent out I think. Nothing new in it other than...

...Even if you didn't get your PPV up, please still try and vote. The more votes we get, the more deserving the winner is, and even if you didn't get a PPV up, you might still get votes for your roster and for Slammies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

All PMs sent out I think.

'Fraid not mate!

Hmm....checking my sent folder, 15 people get the message.

Will send to the other 4 again now.

Whoops, forgot to work out who is eligible for "First Time Draftee" Slammy.

Am I right saying it's....Jester, Moneymaker, Raf, Prop Joe, Brian Regan, MrKisCool and A Brad Maddox Guy?

Just looking at my roster again if I was to do another PPV I think i'd really like to run some sort of a tag tournament:

The Hart Foundation vs The Funks vs Tanahashi/Nakamura vs Dibiase & Andre vs Team Co-Bro vs The Fabulous Freebirds vs Demolition

kinda regret not doing that as part of my build up shows actually

Just to be clear the series of question marks in my main event explanation are meant to be 'BCW's' (I'm pretty sure). This was something i wanted to doublecheck before posting but completely forgot i had included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Whoops, forgot to work out who is eligible for "First Time Draftee" Slammy.

Am I right saying it's....Jester, Moneymaker, Raf, Prop Joe, Brian Regan, MrKisCool and A Brad Maddox Guy?

Me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

that voting was really hard, loads were worthy of numerous awards

I still reading...

Raf32 wrote: »
    that voting was really hard, loads were worthy of numerous awards

wow that was quick, still a lot of reading to do here though - Computer keeps freezing up whenever im in the evaluation thread cos of all the images, gifs and vids but weve got till Sunday 30th March at 23:59 according to TSC to vote so no rush yet. Co-incidentally yours is the only actual PPV ive read so far, will give feedback with my next back of feedback (though annoyingly i lost the notes i made on the 2 or 3 shows I read since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

wow that was quick, still a lot of reading to do here though - Computer keeps freezing up whenever im in the evaluation thread cos of all the images, gifs and vids but weve got till Sunday 30th March at 23:59 according to TSC to vote so no rush yet. Co-incidentally yours is the only actual PPV ive read so far, will give feedback with my next back of feedback (though annoyingly i lost the notes i made on the 2 or 3 shows I read since

i feel your pain, my laptop is freezing for a good 15 minutes for every page i open up so wont be missing that :pac: thanks a million i tried to finish it early alright so wouldnt be under any pressure. really enjoyed your show and various characters, will post up a proper evaluation on everyones tomorrow

Right, do people want me to PM round the names of the people eligible for the First Draft award?

It's Beaker Joe, Jester, Moneymaker, Raf, Prop Joe, Brian Regan, MrKisCool and A Brad Maddox Guy.

I think. No one has participated under different names, have they? :pac:

I've compiled a list of everybody's shows (I think I got them all anyway) because my laptop is really struggling when loading up some of the Evaluation Thread's pages. Should make things easier for anyone having the same problems as me. If anybody finds a link that doesn't work just let me know and I'll try and fix it.

brianregan(RCW)
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    PPV

BountyHunter:(BWA)
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    PPV Preview
    PPV Part I
    PPV Part II

Hashtag_HEEL(nwo: Anarchy)
    Overview
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4 Part I
    Episode 4 Part II
    PPV

connemara man(PCW)
    Episode 1
    PPV

lebowskilite(ICW)
    Preview
    12 Month Recap & Week 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 5
    PPV

Raf32(MNA)
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    PPV

MrNiceGuy(MNG)
    Overview
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    PPV Preview
    PPV Part I
    PPV Part II

beakerjoe(BCW)
    Overview
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    PPV Preview
    PPV Part I
    PPV Part II

waltersobchak(WECWF)
    Overview
    Episode 1
    PPV

A Brad Maddox Guy(MEWA Supremacy)
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    PPV

ShagNastii (LVVW)
    Overview
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    PPV

TeamShadowClan(Authority Rules)
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    PPV

Jester(JCW)
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    PPV

JP Liz V1(LWE)
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    PPV Card
    PPV

Prop Joe
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 5
    PPV Part I
    PPV Part II

Shows without a PPV
    thebostoncrab (FPW)
    Episode 1

mrkiscool(MWF)
    Overview
    Episode 1
    Episode 2

Furious Red(FWC)
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4

Campo
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4

Moneymaker: (OCW)
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    PPV Preview

Great work Brad (now I should def be able to read them all), im going to edit that into the OP of this thread, had done the same previously with the evaluation thread but as you said that thread makes laptops struggle big time.

Some great reads, will post some feedback soon. Have 1 more page of shows to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Some brill reading there,Shame some couldnt get there PPV up in time..Still wanna see Kane v Mr.Anderson,Savage v Bryan etc..

• Advertisement

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Some brill reading there,Shame some couldnt get there PPV up in time..Still wanna see Kane v Mr.Anderson,Savage v Bryan etc..

I wanted to see how pillman got on, as i had a feeling he was stealing that show of MM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement