Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Some brill reading there,Shame some couldnt get there PPV up in time..Still wanna see Kane v Mr.Anderson,Savage v Bryan etc..

I plan to ask MM what woulda went down with this one on the podcast as yeah we even got a PPV preview but no PPV. Same goes for Pillman as stated above and actually the PPVs of TBC and MRK too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I really feel for the guys who didnt get their PPVs up. I have been blessed in relation to timing of the draft. Unfortunatly serious life altering situations have happened to myself over the last few weeks and Boards just hasnt been a priority. I was very lucky that prior to 2 weeks ago, i had a lot of free time (God I wish i had more of that now) and was able to work at weekly shows and my PPV. If I left my PPV any later, even a day more, and I wouldnt had got close to writing it. It could have been me there with MM, Campo, Furious Red, Mrk and TBC (even Cman to a certain extent who only magaed a brief summary of his PPV after a good first show), in not getting my PPV up. Id still like to see these PPVs up and its a pity the extension given didnt help them in the end.

Im almost done reading and I ve got my shortlist of Voting done and soon ill have my votes in.

Congrats to those who worked hard last week and got their PPVs up. Its been a pleasure reading so far.

I think Ive my write up winner picked but with a few shows left I could be swayed ;)

TSC :
    throughout your shows has been a great underlined comedy theme. Sly digs at Hunter and Steph, Not so sly digs at Vince. Vinces over the top persona has been great to read and your comedy style has been your strong point this year. The whole Arnie / Chuck feud has been a great read too, with a fantastic ending at the PPV. Great homage and parody of both stars. The PPV itself was a fun read, with The Mcmahons ultimately getting their just desserts. Great read, with the humour making it easy to read.

Bounty Hunter :
    A much more serious PPV than expected at the start of the draft. Bret Hart being the star of teh show even though he ultimatly lost and a strong contender for superstar of the year. He was the ultimate heel and you need a big bad heel to get over the new star in Tanahshi. Santino V Andre was a pleasant surprise and as you said it has a nice bit of comic relief on a night were more serious issues went down. Nattie was an MVP of your PPV IMO, great writing for her character and she was excellently used.

MNG :
    Theres a reason you won the last 2 years and once again youve made the draft fresh and interesting with some wonderful feuds. The King v Orndorff feud was excellent and Jerry came off looking like a hero who still had it in him. Taminas heel turn was a big shock, didnt see it coming and it made sense. Punk n Hogan rocked. Its how the match would ideally play out in real life (though i still think Hogans a slimeball), Great mutual respect ending and a great PPV over all. Top notch!

More Feedback :

Lebowskilite :
    considering this was a "rush job" of sorts in the end from Lebowski, I can only imagine how this would have ended up. What we got was an amazing read and a great PPV that looked anything but rushed. The main event was bold, a new concept (to me anyway)with a satisfying end. Edge v Daniels was an amzing match and I could really imagine myself there as I read it. Roode v Hall was an interesting bout and Roodes parting shot was a nice spit in the former Ramons face. I loved Colt v Grado, and the whole ICW v ICW storyline. Would have loved Colt myself and he was used nicely.

Raf32 :
    Honestl;y didnt think Rocky would have been in my main event and it was a bold move and one which I think worked. The Miz is a great heel even if hes gone completely off the boil these days as a face. The Miz was the right choice to headline the PPV and the choice to swerve us with Ron Simmons was logically and surprising. JBL was great through out your shows and his feud with Ron was a fun read. Raven and Sting could of been easily the title match headliner and the gimmick match was made for these two dark individuals.

BradMaddoxGuy :
    Muta v Taker is a dream match and the build up was excellent. Muta is so under rated and it didnt come across once during the feud as i imagined him being on par with the dead man throughout. The tag team family feud between the hart family (and Archer) was nicely written, esp the build up. Ive had many squabbles over board games with my family in my nipper days and they all ended with my daddy throwing me over my shoulder and bringing me up stairs, loved teh sybolism in that. If i have one criticism its that Dusty wasnt featured enough. I love the character and hes so versetile and would have loved to see more of him. That being said, I loved how he was used. The match with Yoko was believable and Yoko was well written throughout the match.

MM :
    Sad to see no PPV as your build ups suggested we were in for a treat. After your pre PPV show i was sure we'd get an end to the shows. Pillman was the star, and he outshined Danielson and Savage, who were written well themselves. I just could help but wonder "what will Pillman do at the PPV," Savage and Bryan had a great build up and the match would have easily been a great pay off in reality if it had similar build up to what you had written. Awesome v Storm was ECW homage at its purest and it would have been easy to imagine these to slugging it out like teh good ol days.

Prop Joe :
    Nice ending to the PPV and one I didnt see coming. I honestly thought there would be no explaination to teh lights going out to help Orton in Show 2 and Im glad I was wrong. Didnt see Christian helping him though, which was a nice swerve. Bagwell and Beefcake was a great read and I could easily see a team of Bagwell and Beefcake gelling and then feuding in real life. Jarret and Christian was a great match, and Jeff was made look strong in defeat. Great PPV

Feeback

Shagnasti :
    Flair v Cena was probably my favourite feud and I loved every word of it. From Cena going back to his rapper roots as a heel that any smark would love today, to the great use of Sherri, who iirc was picked my someone else for you. Great feud, great spots and a great finish. Top notch. Flair as the DJ was a highlight. The Ventura / Warrior feud was great and I think more ventura would have made your shows better. He is a great character and was used to great effect. The Bodyshop stable was great all the way through your shows and if there was a stable of the draft award, they would be close to winning it in my book.

Furious Red :
    Same as MM, what happened? again you did so much work building it up, its a shame theres no pay off PPV. Styles and HBK had a great build up which was easy to imagine when reading and it seemed real. Kane v Kennedy was another well built up feud that cried out for a PPV that im sure we all here would have loved to read. Sorry to see you not finish. Great build up non the less.

Campo :
    Same as MM AND FR. Great build up, and probably the best use of a roster in the draft. You seemed so prepared and it was a shame to see no PPV in the end. Bray Wyatt was written brilliantly and is a strong contender for superstar of the draft. The Wyatt family arent teh same as the WWE family and it was brilliantly and logically portrayed. Another Stable of the year candidate. Great use of Alberto and I would have loved to see how he got on as the PPV came round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I wanted to see how pillman got on, as i had a feeling he was stealing that show of MM
    You'd be correct. I had intended for him to leave with the title, closing image is Regal and Pillman over the prone bodies of Danielson and Savage.

Been swamped in work and I had to go down the country this weeked. :mad:

I may still finish it and publish it anyway as I was looking forward to writing it to the end.

Walt :
    One hell of a roster, but could he use it well??? the answer is yes. The Iron Sheik was a hoot the whole way through teh PPV and its like he was there with me reading along. All sensible and logical feuds. Jake and Steamboat was was a great feud and one that would be special with both guys in their prime in reality. The finish was a nice touch and seeing jake having teh snake set on him was something I dont ever recall seeing over the years. Thought the tag match was odd though, why did it happen teh way it did??? Piper was gold, as always hes a great character to read and with teh help of Orton it was like watching WM2 again but with a monstor like Lesnar in the place of Mr T. Liked the ending and throughly enjoyed the PPV.

JP Liz :
    Loved loved loved Tyson Kidd and wondering where the ending will take him. He so under rated and was nice to see him elevated. Great to see Sandow in teh main event also, though would of liked to see him win (though that would rule out Kidds cameo). Nice idea pairing Heenan with Sandow, its a natural fit and reminds me of Rude and Heenan back in the day. Where will Richards fit in the title picture after his battle royal win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Thanks Joe, to be honest i just ran out of time, and kinda wanted it to seem like it was just the beginning of a future fued, i hope it came across like that:o

Thanks Joe, to be honest i just ran out of time, and kinda wanted it to seem like it was just the beginning of a future fued, i hope it came across like that:o

I had a feeling time constraints got teh better of the last page or so of PPVs in one way or another and I was just puzzled by the ending to that particular bout. Sure not every PPV match can be the ending to a feud. :) Thanks for the clarity

Still have Hashags, BrianRegans, Jesters and Mrks shows to read, will give feedback and start voting when there done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Still have Hashags, BrianRegans, Jesters and Mrks shows to read, will give feedback and start voting when there done.

Is my show not worthy of feedback :-p

Sorry CMan I've read it but ill post the feedback soon. My had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Sorry CMan I've read it but ill post the feedback soon. My had

Only messing. It's not as finessed as the others :-)

Feedback

Hashtag Heel :
    Great use of an under rated in real life roster. Great to see Compton get a big push as hes a fasinating character. Cesaro booked strong and its how he should be booked in real life (hopefully he will shortly) and sad to see Hero end the PPV in a bad way, great drama though. Andy Kaufman is a great character to work with, and he was used splendidly throughout your shows, in particular the PPV and the end to teh womens match. Really enjoyed teh battle of teh "rockstars"match, maybe its cause each man is a guilty pleasure of mine at the min. Black and Tan Barrett was excellent and has given me something to think about in relation to superstar of the year as he was an MVP (no pun intended on the real MVP) of your shows. If i have on bad thing to note, its teh character Chairman Heel. Its a small note but he comes a cross liek a face in the writting yet the picture used is so heelish and looks anything but the chracter thats written. Then again he has got heel in the name so maybe im looking too much into this. :rolleyes:

C-Man -
    Disappointed you couldnt get a better build up to your PPV and that you could only get a brief summarry of your PPV as you started so strong in your first show. Big E was pushed well and looked strong but I agree that he shouldnt have won yet. Hardy in his prime v the new Bully Ray is a great main event and add teh young buck Langston into the mix and it was always gonna be a great match to fantasy book.

Feddback again :

TBC :
    Great opening show, with one hell of a great roster. Sad to see nothing from you since, that damn Irish holiday...grrr. It was a pity more didnt come of it as the way it was portrayed in the first show was a great indiicator that you could of won the whole draft. The Brits were written very well indeed esp the dialoge of Billington. Would hav eloved to see how The Real American Sabu was going to progress throughout the show.

Mrk :
    Great roster again, with alot of my own personal favs in it. Great first show and I didnt see the swerve coming at the end of the first show. Once again I find myself thinking "what might have been" as we only saw 2 shows. Sami Zayn was looking great and it was fantastic to have him booked in teh upper end of teh card. Candido (picked for you iirc) was used very well and cant fault you on the use of him, esp on the first show. Devitt being were he was on your card is were most irish wrestling fans would love to see him and have him battle as a big time heel against Stone Cold would headline many fans dream PPVs.

Regan :
    Loved the opening speech/voiceover by Easy E, it set a great tone for the PPV to begin. It reminded me of teh promo when he challenged Vince to a fight on Nitro. Loved how Rollins was booked and he looked strong against the already impressive Low Ki. I love teh model character and was disappointed not to see him on your shows, but Strike force was made look impressive throughout and made both guys look like serious grapplers (as they should be), and the spilt at the end was so venomous. Bischoff v Gowen is perfect for each other. Both men cant wrestle and be expected to beat people, so it made sense for Gowan to lose and for Bischoff to win. Adding Martel to the match solidified his heel turn nicely. Joes win was the only way the PPV could of ended and the finish was great as Bischoff got his cumuppings. Good read Brian

Jester :
    Great PPV. Loved the way you used Luke Harper. He was one I wanted to pick and pair with Don Calis (The Jackyl). I can imagine him being as good as the undertaker in future and was good to see him not be jobbed out, but I would have booked him stronger myself. . Liked the end of the tag match and it has soooo many possible ways the situation can go. The IC match was like a throw back to the attitude era and Tommy was booked like he should have been in WWE, a never say Die tough guy. The battle royal reminded me of when Santino nearly won the rumble, I forgot about her til the end. The main event was great and made all involved look strong, with a great unique finish. Great Job

With that my Votes are in, was tough as i liked so much during the last few days of reading. Its hard to choose 5 people whom to get my votes but I have. I went with the story I enjoyed most and one that I felt deserved it. Was so hard as I kept changing my mind but ultimatly stuck with my guns.

Has any one else voted yet???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

With that my Votes are in, was tough as i liked so much during the last few days of reading. Its hard to choose 5 people whom to get my votes but I have. I went with the story I enjoyed most and one that I felt deserved it. Was so hard as I kept changing my mind but ultimatly stuck with my guns.

Has any one else voted yet???

Yup sent in the votes over the weekend! was extremely tough to vote though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

4/20 votes in so far.

Really love seeing votes coming in. Fascinating seeing how votes are going.

Also pleased to say the Slammies are coming along too, though might have to make some decisions about what needs to be combined and what shouldn't be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Campo -
    It a shame you didn't get the ppv up but the shows you have done made for great reading, I love what you did with Bray and his clan and his feud with Rock is quite electrifying, one of the favourite reads of the game this year

thebostoncrab -
    You show was well written and ppv card with the main event of Benoit Vs. McGuinness is be a dream match for me

mrkiscool2 -
    You have one hell of a roster and having Devitt beat Austin on the show for the title was a nice surprise and am very interested in who Austin would face at your ppv, I would guess Bruno and I like the image of Zayn and Austin sharing a beer in ring

Furious-Red -
    Impressive roster and I especially liked the tag team tournament, AJ and HBK's feud was very well written and build up and would be a dream match for me

Moneymaker -
    You have a amazing roster and a great ppv card especially the TLC tag match and Bryan Vs. Savage

connemara man -
    I liked how you wrote and build up Big E and your main heel Bully Ray is always impressive, very well done ppv

I'm still reading so tbc ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm at page six of the write-up thread. Some thoughts:

lebowskilite -
    I liked the interactions with Laurinaitis and Cole. I’m interested in the mystery individual. Very well written, PPV style main event with Backlund and Graham. I liked the run-ins. Looking forward to Grandslam.

Moneymaker
    Nice preview show that whet the appetite. I’d be interested in a rundown of your plans if you have the time for it. Was looking forward to you planned finish for Savage/Bryan especially.

Bounty Hunter -
    A great read which built to a very satisfying finale. The main event was ebbing and flowing and I didn't know who would take it. I liked the little touches like Bret sacrificing a fall in order to benefit later. Best match on the card for me. The King of Strong style match was my second favourite read. Great (and violent) match. Tag match also delivered and Santino winning was a fun surprise. Great work.

Hashtag -
    This show was fun and I liked how you gave yourself a storyline with Renee. That's like Vince McMahon behaviour right there. The Sheamus/Wade storyline continues to go great and I liked the Paige/Kaufman bout. (I'd have liked to draft Paige)

Jester252 -
    The tag division on your show is shaping up very nicely. Looking forward to who wins the fatal 4 way. Melina is proving a great character. I liked her manipulating Maddox. I'm curious to see what happens next. I liked the ending with Jericho escaping.

Furious-Red -
    Very fun 6 man tag main event with a nice bit of info at the end regarding the stip. Will be fun to see HBK in another iron man match. I liked Kane's evil laugh towards Anderson too. What was the planned finish for HBK/Styles do you mind me asking? I thought you did a great job building it.

I've a good bit more to read it seems but the PPVs I've read so far have been very enjoyable. I think I'll be weighing up my votes to the last minute most likely.

• Advertisement

4/20 votes in so far.

Really love seeing votes coming in. Fascinating seeing how votes are going.

Also pleased to say the Slammies are coming along too, though might have to make some decisions about what needs to be combined and what shouldn't be.

Has any non drafty voted on the slammies???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

been meaning to post some more feedback but so so busy atm

af's PPV Wrestlcade:
    want Rocky to win moe than I expected, glad to see the scots winning as with Drew I like the little group you made and the title wins will def help them out plus imo T&A def are not as appealing minus their stratusfaction and Drew is one I think most would like to see succeed as he deseves better than 3MB. Like you making the womens match a triple threat as it made more sense than Maria being a very biased ref. Nice false finish with the brass knucks in the APA match as usually such means the other guy will then win but instead we just got the exclamation point from hell which is a nice way to mix it up.

I'll admit also I thought we would get a Raven win to surprise us with a big Sting career ending angle which actually meant it going the other way surprised me but it worked well with the match you wrote and I'd also say the setting of this match will really make it stand out from any match anyone else did and thus make your show stand out. Then the main event and the unexpected ending which makes me want more, I wanna hear Farooq's promo on the next Raw real bad now, is that a good thing considering the boardsies wont get to and might feel cheated, I dunno but it again made yours stand out and got my attension.

MNG's Grapplemania (bit longer cos I also read another build up show for this):
    Jaysus, Lawler in a last man standing match! you wouldn't actually kill him in a MNG main event would you :eek: I do fear that your PPV might rely very heavily on your main event and to a lesser extent Lawlers match (which im happy you booked in the end) compared to some others which maybe will bigger name undercard feuds but damn what a main event it is! and I must say your writing has again been top notch and made the others matter more than I initially thought they would

That at least was what I was thinking in advance but all your matches fit nicely on a PPV card Neville/Crazy would be a good opener and The Sons of Liberty would be great heat magnets and the Tamina turn would def do the same although ill admit I was wondering why the fans suddenly were chanting her name prior to this, yeah she was helping her dad whom they love but they bood her the week before so it was a big change around esp seing as she was always on her dads side... anyway it would be a big moment imo. The tag titles match makes sense but with the Road Warriors losing the 2 build up matches I expected them to win at the PPV, im sure the match would be epic though and the teased break up makes it more interesting.Then you have the real grudge match between Vader & Koloff and the PPV is really taking shape nicely and in this match Vader looked like a real badass and I was pleasently surprised with the booking as I expected the returning Koloff to get his reveng here to finish this story. I did however call AJ being cheated on cos she had been all about Punk and the only real why she could truely get her comeuppance would be for her to lose Punk (him to cheat on her) as well as the title, but Eve & Kaithlyn! oh Punk you dirty lucky man! storylinewise I dont know if there will be a more interesting Divas match tho.

Lawlers match reminds me of a mix between my Santino/Andre & Dory/Dibiase matches esp with the added title match stip but esp when you consider this years story ends here I think the result was right.Was surprised a roll up and a sunset flip finished the main event but yourd done everything those 2 can do befoer heand and it was a great bout and I particularily liked the honourable ending even if the recent Cena/Hulk posing sprang to mind.

Walt & WECWF:
    not much TV but one hell of a roster (Argueably the best) so I was very glad we got the PPV and with Sheiky on commentary what could go wrong! nice youtube video to set the scene and then the first match and considering the story behind it the right guy won and impressed imo. Maybe im wrong but did someone else do your tag title match in the past year or so, doesent matter tho as such a greeat pairing they are they would def compliment an already stacked card but huh it doesent happen?!? i'll read on to see what happens with that ( after doing so ill guess that perhaps time constraints got the best of you so you did this) but the double DQ (although it made sense in the context of Morishima's story) would also dissapoint me as a fan as Malenko/Tiger Mask could be a great match. from reading it no doubt MIsawa/Kobashi would be a great match too but what would you expect from 2 guys who spent so long in the BWA speaking of which that monday night war doc might get an airng on te BWA network, after which I can play the new MNG computer game.

Liked the Steamboat/Jake match although it finished quicker than i expected but esp liked Jake ending up covered by his own snake, not something I can ever remember seing. Then we have the main event, was shocked to see Lesnar defeated by a schoolboy but the distraction with Heyman makes sense as a way to beat the beast though I wouldnt like to be Orton or Piper now, there will be hell to pay methinks and no better man than brock for leeting out primal screams, could be a cool image to close the show.

OCW (moneymaker):
    we got a PPV preview but alas no PPV which really is a shame as yours was one of the stronger rosters and potentially PPVs on paper; Some of the most underated women, a nice ECW style opener, a TLC match including some great tag teams like The Brothers Rhodes and the Eliminators, Pillman could have stolen the show and i'm sure his match with Buddy Rogers would have been great and there is the awesome main event with Danielson vs the Macho Man... such a shame we never say it

ha my feedback is just like my PPV, too long in retrospect

I've gotten a free evening and I hope to write up my PPV.

I've missed the deadline so fair enough but it's something I wanna finish as I put plenty of effort into it and it's unfair on others who did finish theirs.

Already gotten first two matches written.

OCW PPV

Took forever but there it is.

No better to spend an evening. :pac:

Sorry it's so late and i've missed the deadline but it's the first time i've had 3-4 hours free in ages.

Hope ya'll enjoy it.

Hopefully it's quiet enough in work tomorrow so I can read the ones i've not caught up on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

brianregan09 -
    All your shows and ppv were epic, loved especially the main event finish with Joe winning, Reigns and Rollins were nicely build up as future world champs imo, very well done

lebowskilite -
    Epic main event with the ironman elimination match and good to see Team Kong win the tag titles, very well done

Raf32 -
    I really enjoyed JBL and Farooq's feud and nice surprise heel turn by Farooq plus interesting choice for the main event that was well written, all the roster was put to good use

waltersobchak -
    Sheik on commentary was great, ala shiektastic, enjoyed the main event, good to have Heyman knocked out, very well written as usual Walt

Got through page six of the write-up thread. Some thoughts...

JP Liz -
    This is show three. I liked the ending with the distraction which sets things up nicely going forward. Shatner continues to be a great character. Interested in what Kurt does next.

mrkiscool2 -
    Fun show and I think this was the last one? Shame because I was thinking maybe it was leading to a multiple man main event. Was curious to see if Austin would leave with the title. The feud with Bruno was shaping up nicely.

Teamshadowclan -
    The go-home show was a lot of fun. I liked the babyfaces standing tall at the end. The authority have proved a great combo for you. Nash has been surprisingly good too. I liked his 'You've got this' line to Magnus. Eager to see how you book the PPV.

Hashtag -
    I liked the idea of the press conference and it set the tone well leading up to the PPV. I really like the name 'Black N Tan Barrett' as well. Nice ending with Compton laying out Ziggler.
    walt -
    Great video package to open the show. Sheik on commentary added humour to the action and was a nice touch. Interesting angle with the tag match. Never seen that in a draft which gets us all talking. Very well written matches especially Steamboat and Jake (I thought Jake had it after he kicked out of the roll-up). Main event was a fun surprise and I liked the show closing with an enraged Lesnar.

Overall you left me wanting to see what happens next which is the sign of a great show so well done. PS your promo for Heyman was one of the best I've read this year. if we had a Slammy for best promo I'd have that in mind.

Prop Joe -
    I liked X-Pac winning and there was a great finish to that one. Brutus cutting Maryse's hair was a GREAT move and one I didn't see coming. Made perfect sense. Great job there. Nice to see Tomko get his comeuppance. The cage match had great drama and a very cool ending. The tag match was even better with the right finish imo. Very exciting main event too. I liked your explanation for that.

Overall it was a great read and one thing I'd add is that you selected the match order very well as each one built very nicely to the main event so extra props for that.

I'm very impressed with the PPVs I've read thus far. Haven't been disappointed by one yet. I hope to give feedback on the shows on page seven soon.

Really impressed with your work on the PPV and it delivered, esp the last 2 bouts. The subtle little things made it so much better. The use of Brass knuckles was nothing throwout your shows until the last match as it was like "my god, it all fits". Pillman was your MVP and the swerve at the end was done to perfection. Storm and Awesome was a nice ECW throwback match which was easy to visualise. The tag match was what it was, a spot match to showcase what each man could do. Pillman battering the holy heel out of Roberts did what it was supposed to do, build Pillman up before the Main Event and make him look strong. The Main Event was great and the turn in the end was a great logical twist. Bravo.

brianreagan:
    The right guys got the wins in the end, glad Joe got a big win as i've always felt he's deserved a good run as champion.

bountyhunter:
    Nakamura and Funk just works, it's great. Love the reforming of the Hart Foundation, Nattie and Mickie was well done and Bret/Tanahashi was great stuff and exactly how it should have gone down.

Hashtag_HEEL:
    I always enjoyed Hero and Castonagoli together so having them square off was great. I think i'd have them higher up the card though. Those guys are too good to be the curtain jerker. Paige and Serena was good and having a ladder match was something unique. Pleasantly surprised Serena won. Barrett and Sheamus is such a natural, almost cliche feud but I enjoyed it. Seeing Dolph close as Champion, i'd have never have guessed :pac:

lebowskilite:
    I know you were pressed for time but you did a good job. The matches don;t need to be described in massive detail, as long as the storytelling is solid and you get your ideas across, which you did. Juventud Guerrera v. Último Guerrero v. ’Twisted’ Teddy Hart is the sort of match Nitro would show and it'd be the best match of the night. Roode and Hall is such a cool feud and they would work well together, Roode getting the rub which is the right thing. The main event was great stuff, like the golden age of TNA with the triple threat. Daniels looked great and Edge being Edge.

Raf32:
    Excellent undercard, just a very solid PPV top to bottom. Always enjoyed Laycool and seeing Drew get a title was good. JBL and Farooq I always wanted to see face each other, they had a few chances but it never happened, glad to see it here. Sting and Raven is a dream feud and seeing Miz leave with the title was good stuff, hopefully it goes better then his WWE run :pac:

I'll post more feedback later.

• Advertisement

Pg. 7 feedback...

brianregan -
    Nice work with the opening package and the descriptions of the last few weeks. The matches were well laid out too and I liked the twist ending in the main event. It sends the fans home happy and I was pleased Joe got the win. Good to see Reigns put over strong as well. I also enjoyed Rollins getting his revenge on Low Ki too. That was a creative finish for that one. Well done.

JP Liz -
    Shatner and Heenan's interactions are always entertaining. I liked the angle with Lita and Trish and Shatner as well. It sets things up nicely. The brawl at the end keeps the fans wanting more. I'm curious to see what Shatner's surprise will be for the battle royal.

Jester252 -
    Very fun go-home show with a powerful final angle involving Foley. I liked how you brought back Cactus Jack. Puts him over very strong. I liked Jericho referencing that Foley never beat him as well. Good job and looking forward to the PPV.

lebowskilite -
    Very good promo for Magnum TA which would garner sympathy. I also really liked the promo by Graham touching on what happened with the CWA Legends Title. I'm excited to see how the Iron Man match will go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement