Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2014 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Many of the 20 votes in teamshadowclan?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Raf32 wrote: »
    Many of the 20 votes in teamshadowclan?

5 I think. So obviously hoping for a surge over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hashtag_HEEL -
    The O'Connell Street fight was epically written plus even better Sheamus won, good to see Dolph end the ppv as champ, the chairman was fair, overall very enjoyable, well done

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

think ill be going right to the deadline on Sunday before I vote as im still reading them all and even then itl be hard to vote cos imo the best write ups and the best rosters are very different Feds

anywhoo here is feedback on 2 more

PCW's Big Brawl (Con Man):
    It's def a pity that we didn't get more form your fed but you got a PPV done and not everyone can say that and it was one with a good few matches id like to see especially the proposed Aces & *s vs The Nation feud and as a fan of the nation (particularily out of those 2 options) I liked seing Henry, D'Lo & the Godfather go over, your main event though was the one where neither group got the win and I think that was the right move as was makingit a Ladder match where the true face of your company (imo) Hardy would truely shine on route to becoming the champ.

RCW (BrianRegan):
    Rollins vs Low Ki was quality, a lot of detail too which is a good thing (not just cos it means mine isn't the only one with v.long matches) curb stomp into vomit...what a finish! I liked how you used Tito & Martel and it really made the tag match more significant for me.I'll be honest Ryback/Morgan doesen't do much for me although individually I actually like both guys but I do agree with how you booked it.Not a fan of new Jack weither but from the moment he got taken out early I felt he could come back to win and it was a fun hardcore match with some very good spots plus if this is the style of matches this titles holder will have perhaps it suits New Jack vs Sandman and others and as you say Rhyno can move on to better things. I was expecting the no DQ addition to come back to haunt SBischoff but instead it just meant Martel could be pushed further as his and Tito's feud just got further elevated.

Roman Reigns in a suit looks weird Rhyno though could fit nicely as the Ambrose replacement but with or without him Reigns was always winning here. Main event def had a big match feel to it and was a great match but it really did all go down at the end when the owner showed up and im sure the crowd went home happy as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah I'm hoping to finish reading by Friday evening and I'll be sending my votes over the weekend when I weigh everything up in my head.

More feedback:

Teamshadowclan -
    Vince with the lotion was great. :pac: Nice to see Chyna get her revenge on Steph. Nice way to end that too. I was curious to see how you'd manage the Chuck/Arnold match as I thought it would be tough to manage in a ring but the way you handled it worked great. I enjoyed Rey winning and refusing the fingerpoke of doom. The main event was well done and I approve of the finish. I enjoyed reading the aftermath as well. Great job all round.

Hashtag -
    Great opener and I liked Cesaro winning. Kaufman was used well in the women's match. Excellent match with Sheamus and Barrett. That was probably my favourite feud on your show and I was hoping for a great pay-off and I wasn't let down. I liked Barrett using the union flag on Sheamus and Sheamus dumping Barrett in the Liffey. Nice to see the PTP get the last laugh. I also liked Dolph getting the big win. Great work on a very memorable PPV.

• Advertisement

2 sets of votes this morning have turned things on their head.

The person who had been winning the "Best Write Up" category by 3 points has now fallen into 4th.

And five people are within 3 points of each other on the "Best Roster" category now.

7 votes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Make that 8 :cool:

More feedback:

Liz:
    Shame you were short on time. Sandow and Heenan together is pure gold. Was always a fan of Hassan and Tyson getting a strong push was great. Trish v Lita is always going to be good.

PropJoe:
    Impressive presentation and good quality writing. Lot of effort went in which is great. Jarret v Christian was one of my favourite matches in the entire draft, very well done. Orton and Batista is not something I was too interested in but the twist at the end helped a lot. Good to see Joe Henning look good, him and Ted Jr are such a natural team.

BradMaddoxGuy:
    I know the idea behind Dusty v Yoko and its a feud that is quite natural. I can't imagine a match between them being even watchable though tbh. But like you said in the world of Russo anything is possible :pac: I'd have liked Kaientai to get the win. Mutoh vs Undertaker was masterful, incredible feud.

walter:
    Iron Shiek on commentary...genius. Great undercard, solid bouts through the entire card, you really used the strength of your roster very well. The main event let you down though, I can't ever see Hot Rod beating Lesnar, especially with a roll-up. That was a disappointment for me but otherwise an excellent show.

Nearly there now. More feedback...

A Brad Maddox Guy -
    You built Taker/Mutoh very well and the pay-off was great. I liked the little touches such as Mutoh cut-throat taunt and the headbutt spot for the finish. I enjoyed the finish to Val/Holly as well with Molly's involvement. The power in the company angle was finished well too and I liked Booker emerging victorious. Well done.

JP Liz -
    Great idea to kick off with the Battle Royal and the surprise was better than I expected. It put over Richards very strong. Nice to see Lita get the win. I thought Richards would leave with both titles but I think you made the right call having the Nasty Boys win. I liked that Angle got the win and the ending leaves you with plenty of contenders for the top title going forward. Well done.

Some more...

Jester252 -
    The main event was very well done. I really liked that image of the bloody Cactus in the corner smiling at the end. It would set things up nicely gong forward. The ending to the tag match was innovative. Battle royal was fun too. All in all Gambit was a great read. Well done.

Shag -
    I loved the angle with Flair dressed up as a DJ. That was a very fun show with Cena and Sherri being great heels. Also liked Steiner being restrained. Sets things up nicely. Speaking of which...

Shag PPV -
    Great show. Loved the main event and felt you went for the right finish. The chair bounce off the ropes was a great spot. Steiners winning I didn't see coming but I liked it. Makes them more hated. George and Adonis were a great combo too. A very enjoyable read.

And the last of the reading:

lebowskilite -
    Great job with the Cole & Graham vs Johnny/Shane match. That was a big feud and had a big pay-off. Roode/Hall was well written and I didn't anticipate that finish but you put Roode over strong. The main event was one of the most original matches in the Draft and I liked the ending which put over Daniels despite the defeat similar to Austin's loss to Bret at WM13. The interviews added to the overall feel and there was a nice blend throughout. Surprised to read you weren't happy with it as you clearly worked very hard on it and it showed imo. Great work.

Moneymaker -
    Very fun hardcore match to kick things off. I liked the Bryan promo before the women's match. Thought SDR would win after that but it was better that she didn't. The tag match was fun with exciting spots to keep the fans happy. The main event had a real epic feel to it and I didn't see that ending coming at all. It puts over Pillman strong and also Regal. You deserve props for posting this after the deadline and letting us see your thought process. Great job and all the more impressive considering this is your first year.

Very impressive standard of write-ups this year. What stands out as well for me is the high quality from the first-time draft participants. Feels like there were more this year than in previous years and they brought a lot to the game.

I think everyone who contributed to the write-up thread should be pleased. I remember reading the Boards Creative Writing forum a few weeks back and someone said they were disappointed there was not a lot of activity there. (Not that I'm trying to diss that place as I do like it and check it out now and again)

Point I'm making is that here on the PW forum of all places we have near twenty odd folks displaying their creative juices over several weeks. It's pretty good going if you ask me.

It's given me plenty of food for thought when I make my mind up on the votes.

• Advertisement

10/20 votes in now.

3 people well out in front on the Roster side of things, though not by much so a few votes would and could bring others into contentions. A lot of diversity in who people are voting for; 16/20 people have received votes of some sorts for their rosters.

4 people well out in front on the write up side of things, but again, close and things could still change.

I'll send PMs round tomorrow morning reminding people who haven't voted to get votes in.

Just sent off my votes. Found it very tough going.

I did enjoy choosing contenders for the Slammies categories though. :cool:

Monday should be good craic.

11/20 votes in now.

I know we won't get everyone, that's the nature of the thing, but hoping we can hit higher than 55% turnout.

Sending PMs round now reminding those who I don't have votes registered for. Everyone who has voted should have gotten a little message back acknowledging their votes.

11/20 votes in now.

I know we won't get everyone, that's the nature of the thing, but hoping we can hit higher than 55% turnout.

Sending PMs round now reminding those who I don't have votes registered for. Everyone who has voted should have gotten a little message back acknowledging their votes.

I will def vote so its at least 60%

more feedback:

Heel PPV:
    Liked how much backstory Cesaro/Hero has and the right guy won for me, would imagine the OJ blindfold match with EY would be a lot of fun and again the right finish considering we will see the preachers again later. Maybe it was Kaufmans involvement but The Divas match seemed odd for me as he's obviously not at all a serious character butt id consider Serna & Paige two of the more serious women (at least in recent WWE memory character-wise). Slater/Spud reads like a fun kid friendly moment in the show before the more extreme street fight, "Spears him through the window of ann summers!" ha classic, also liked the PTPs getting thier retribution next up, woulda liked to see them properly pushed at some point in their tag WWE run but I guess thats a running theme in your promotion as your main event indicates with Compton who you used very well not being known to most and Ziggler who could be a star getting the push he deserves and once again being your world champion!

Prop Joe Eruption:
    Said before Batista/Orton and Show given WWEs current product could be a tough sell so yours intrigues me as until the PPV at least you wrote well for it... Nice opener which could of gone either way, then a feud I've enjoyed more than most despite not being a hugh fan of Buff or Beefer and I also liked the way you used Maryse as it was different. Similarily the first blood stip in the Show/Tomko bout made it stand out and helped differentiate your PPV further imo which helped me enjoy reading it considering we have all read so many at this stage and then you kick it up a notch with Christian vs JJ and a Frogsplash of the cage to finish it, nice!

PPV Part 2 - A great spotfest with the tag titles ladder match and then the main event we all feared for mania (plus straps) but can you make it a match we will like on your PPV before mania? if so votes could go your way... hmm The match kept my attension and I was intrigued by the Orton stroyline going into it but didn't expect Christian! and I must say im not a fan of draft storylines not getting a culmination and although we found out who I have no idea why but i guess id wanna watch your next show to find out so umm good job!

Liz Wrestlemayhem:
    That Battle royal could have a lot of fun spots and Davey is a good guy for the push that would come with winning, on another note I inexplicably love Heidenriech being called Heidi. Lita, Trish & Tara would no doubt put on a match as good as any other rosters Divas could offer up. Made sense to give the nasty boys the win and the way you did sets up Daveys first IC title feud. I like Sandow with Heenan and his letting the others fight while getting the bell to ring is clever. I might have actually had Sandow win as itd be such a big moment for him but Angle did make more sense and tbh is def the star of your promotion and his win would send the fans home happy, that said it wasn't actually Angle nor Sandows big moment but Tyson Kidds and I liked that plus now youve logically already built your next feud as Kidd w/Heenan vs Angle (world champ) vs Richards (IC champ)...Nice!

Shag:
    I like "The bodyshop" so them starting strong is good imo even just to hint at a big night for them. Ill admit I kinda got the MVP/Hardy and D-Von/Pope backstories mixed up a little cos their similar but the religous gay bashers obviously suit your duo and George is a perfeect pick to face em with Adonis and the finish too made perfect sense with the heels getting sent packing. The bodyshop keep the momentum going with the tag win, i'd imagine the heat on the Steiners in Tokyo would be huge in that scenario (scott shouting at the audience as they win and all).

i'll assume you meant people think Ventura fears warrior not feels him :P but the bodyshops luck finally rund=s out here in a match that I think both mencould actually struggle to pull off as well as you wrote and then its the main event and what a dynamic, heel Cena w/SHerri vs the wily old vereten Naitch would be and Wooo you send the fans home happy with a match i'd love to see, good job.

TSC:
    I feared your brand may suit the storyline and build to the PPV more than the matches and PPV itself but you still had fun backstage segments in this show like Vince with Lashley before his match and obviously the earlier story got me more invested in the results. The Steph/Chyna match for example def had my attension (would love if Steph had the occasional match in WWE, her vs AJ - esp if Punk had stayed and was vs HHH would have been money) and Steph rightly got her comeuppance here after weaks of sh!tting on Chyna. Norris vs Arnie was awesome in a clever and fun cheesy action movie way and I loved it plus it added to the different feel you had with your PPV (and shows in general. Like with Steph your story going into dictated that imo you had to give Rey the win and im glad you did although some could complain it was therefore predictable with an Authorithy main event still to come id have left potential swerves till then myself to keep the audience curious about the possibilities. Instead though Eddie turned the tables on HHH and I liked how we got the wrap up in the end too, all good, all humourous, a contender here

I realize there are some I haven't given feedback for but I might not have a chance to, they have been or are being read atm though, guess ill just be focusing on trying to vote and pick slammies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'll be voting as well. Have already decided best roster votes but still have some PPVs to read.

Sending my votes now as I will be out until much later tonight, some of my Slammy votes ain't perfect as after so much reading recently they blurred into each other but thankfully I ranked them as I went for the 2 non slammy catagories

btw Jester, loved your explanation for one of your feuds... cos of a dream you had :D

anyway votes in. draft done :(

great job running it TSC and really great standard everyone really good standard and really enjoyed reading them. No idea who will win overall but whoever does deserves it cos they musta put in a lot of work.

Things woulda been different too if more finished by the deadline as id say at least 2 of those rosters woulda been in my best roster list and who knows about the write up ones... speaking of which I still have Moneymakers show to read at some point

13/20 in.

After two people being neck and neck all week, one has now leaped 6 points ahead of the other.

Have a feeling we've got a Top 3 fighting it out now, but really close still, and two people with the right votes could come back in quickly.

Lads, quick question with regards the Slammies.

In a few categories, there's some things getting seperate but similiar votes, and not sure if I should combine them or not. So, for example, with the "Best Pick" category, there's "Wrestler X" who got the vote on his own, but also "Wrestler X & Y" who were picked as a tag team.

Do I keep them separate or combine them into "Wrestler X & Y" so that gets all the votes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Combine them

Yup agreed with Joe

I hope to have my votes in by the deadline later, very hard narrowing down this year

• Advertisement

While the deadline is Midnight, I won't be calculating winners till tomorrow morning so don't worry if it's a few hours late :)

How many have voted so far TSC?

13/20

Am I allow ask who hasn't voted thus far? Looking forward to tomorrow now!

At 15/20 now. Won't name those who haven't voted, though votes will be made public tomorrow.

Reckon someone has won it though, short of the 5 votes going in one direction while ignoring another; currently, 1st place is 10 points clear, but only 2 points separate 2nd and 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Really had a lot of fun doing this as a 1st timer, Yes i know i've been awful with feedback, I barely had enough time to get my shows in without doing that aswell and i don't feel right telling people what they did and didn't do right in my 1st year maybe next year though all in all loved writing the shows and i can't help but thinking that this should be done more often but I understand time constraints and stuff all in all thanks everyone for 1 having me and reading my stuff and telling me what you thought blown away is an understatement :)

Would also like to say thanks. Delighted to be allowed part of this great concept and it really is the highlight of the boards year. Definitely be back next year again!

Prop Joe -
    Very enjoyable and loved how Christian was used in the ppv, he was the mvp of it for me :p, all shows and the ppv were very well done

Jester252 -
    Loved the host team names :p, Melina was well used in the ppv and the tag team winners was a nice surprise twist, loved the main event with Y2J winning, very epic ppv, well done

ShagNastii -
    Very well written ppv, Sherri with Cena was an interesting choice that worked well for the main event against Flair and good to see Flair retain

A Brad Maddox Guy -
    Yokozuna against Dusty Rhodes was done well, The Mutoh and Taker feud and match was epic, very well build and written HIAC was a good ppv choice match for them, I enjoyed Val Venis, great job

Bounty Hunter -
    Very high quality ppv and shows, all epically written, women's match and main event ironman match were very good, could be your year BH

beakerjoe -
    R u sure your a newbie :p, great ppv, I really like Shane Vs. Ambrose and I was expecting Dean to win, great ppv main event, well done

Mr.Nice Guy -
    You really set the bar high again, excellent ppv, Punk and Hogan's main event was epic and really enjoyed the ending of Punk winning and the show of respect, really good women's match too, Taminia's heel turn was a shocking surprise, overall very well done

Teamshadowclan -
    Good to see Steph get her comeuppance from Chyna, great main event match between Eddie and HHH who was abandoned by his mates and nice to see Eddie get he win, very well done and highly enjoyable

While the deadline is Midnight, I won't be calculating winners till tomorrow morning so don't worry if it's a few hours late :)

Cheers Teamshadowclan as I missed the deadline and sorry also as I had a few tie votes

• Advertisement

16/20 final turn out. Thanks to everyone who voted.

*Sigh*
    While I won't say who won, I will say I was winning all week up till yesterday morning, and then over the course of the day, the winner picked up steam and put a bit of distance between himself and me. :(

Just going over things, typing up the results topic, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement