Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle won't turn on

Options
  • 27-12-2013 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hopefully right forum for this..

I haven't used my kindle for a few months until today. After using it for a few minutes the kindle 'froze' and wouldn't work. After a while it switched itself off and I now can't turn it on.

It's fully charged as well.

Can anyone help? Don't know what could be wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

You tried turning it on with it plugged in?

Also keep the power pressed down for a bit longer?

Failing that contact Amazon, you'd be surprised how far they will go to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

Thanks.

Tried the first two suggestions just there but still not working.

Will fire an email off to Amazon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

Hold the power button on for about 20 seconds and it will probably reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,301 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The kernel is based off Android, try with the device off holding the power button and the Volume Down button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

I've got the kindle to switch on but it's still froze. It's currently on the screen listing all the books I have downloaded but I can't move it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

Try holding the power slider on (fully over to the right) for a full minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

I have a similar problem. just one corner of my kindle is viewable on the screen. my husband bought it in Tesco's last christmas. but how do I contact amazon? where do I find their email address???

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

gubby wrote: »
    I have a similar problem. just one corner of my kindle is viewable on the screen. my husband bought it in Tesco's last christmas. but how do I contact amazon? where do I find their email address???

use their contact form

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us/ (you need to login)

Advertisement