Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value online business banking?

Options
  • 27-12-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

I am currently have my business account with AIB and their annual fee is going up from €200 to €250. I think this is a bit much for being able to manage my account online. Are there any business accounts with online facilities available for less?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Unfortunately there isn't a lot of competition in the market these days.

The best thing to do is talk to each of the bank about their rates. Some might have introductory offers for business ..

Though I'd also recommend you get a "test drive" of each one's online systems, as they're not all that wonderful .. some are seriously lacking

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

Thanks Blacknight. I read about issues people were having with some banks online systems and don't want to end up in similar situation. The AIB online business banking systems works fine, but I think €250 along with all the other charges is a bit steep for it's use. When I inquired before about the rate I was abruptly told to take it or leave it, so I'm going to vote with my feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Depending on what type of business you run you might get away with just using a personal account. If it's a 1 man company then it's clearly a "personal expense account" right? This would save you a few hundred quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

kevin65 wrote: »
    Thanks Blacknight. I read about issues people were having with some banks online systems and don't want to end up in similar situation. The AIB online business banking systems works fine, but I think €250 along with all the other charges is a bit steep for it's use. When I inquired before about the rate I was abruptly told to take it or leave it, so I'm going to vote with my feet.

Shop around.
    Unfortunately the lack of competition in the sector means that the banks can and will charge small businesses quite high fees
    We've been able to renegotiate some of the fees down over time, but we've hit plenty of brick walls with them as well eg. Forex related charges

Advertisement