If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All features Humax HDR1000S G2 work in IRELAND ?

Options
  • 27-12-2013 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

I want to replace my Triax Combi box with something with a decent EPG (most stations on my Triax EPG are missing or at best now and next) and something that can record ( record doesn't work on my TRiaX)

So Do all the features of the Humax HDR1000s work properly in Ireland?

1.Will Roll back TV work?
    2.Will it record?
    3.How many days EPG does it display for the freesat stations?
    4.Is a permanent internet connection required for any of the above to work properly?

Is installation just a case of unplug existing box and plug in new box. I have four cables coming from satellite.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

baby fish wrote: »
    I want to replace my Triax Combi box with something with a decent EPG (most stations on my Triax EPG are missing or at best now and next) and something that can record ( record doesn't work on my TRiaX)

So Do all the features of the Humax HDR1000s work properly in Ireland?

1.Will Roll back TV work?
    2.Will it record?
    3.How many days EPG does it display for the freesat stations?
    4.Is a permanent internet connection required for any of the above to work properly?

Is installation just a case of unplug existing box and plug in new box. I have four cables coming from satellite.

Baby fish,

the catch up TV free time now services, including BBC iPlayer, ITV Player*, 4oD and Demand 5, will not work in the ROI unless you have a proxy UK IP Address ( which we don't endorse!)

It will record no problem using the standard satellite inputs and the Freesat HD EPG - up to one week in advanc - it will record approx 250Hours of TV and it can record 2 events at the same time.

To install the unit you will have to plug in 2 satellite feeds and programme the unit - here is a link to the manual:
    http://www.richersounds.com/static/manuals/HDR-1000S.pdf

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭baby fish

John, Thanks for the info,

Forgot to ask,  will pause and rewind live TV work in ROI?

Many thanks for your help:)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.