Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB debit cards not working at POS points now

Options
  • 27-12-2013 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

I know AIB customers had trouble with their cards at ATMs late last week. However in the shop I work in, since early yesterday, roughly half of the AIB cards we tried did not work. And no transaction involving an AIB card for over €50 was authorised. All the businesses around us reported the same problem. We've had no issues at all with any cards from other banks, just AIB.

Yet I see no mention of it on here and no reporting of it in the media. It's hardly just a Cork thing.

Anybody else experiencing difficulty with their AIB debit card at point of sale in shops?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I haven't noticed any issues either using my own AIB debit card or accepting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

My aib acc was grand last week...now today its acting up...i havent been able to use my card to withdraw cash...its a balls!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

I couldn't use the aib debit card at some POS's last Monday.worked fine in some stores but not in others. So annoying ! And slightly panicky 😳

Advertisement