Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Liverpool

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

YES Liverpool didn't win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Byebye Liverpool, thanks for making the first half of the season interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Any manager who wants to stop their players from diving should just show that clip of Saurez getting fouled by Eto.

Once you dive so much that you get a reputation, you can have a ref be five feet away staring at you, as you get booted hard off the ball and still treat it like you dived.

that's absolute bull sh*t. he bottled the decision, peno and eto sent off, he is a fkucking clown of a referee, we might not have deserved it, but the decisions in the last two matches against us have been appalling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

monkey9 wrote: »
    Chelsea deservedly won that. But my God, a competent ref today and we would have got something.

Did they though. The game was there for the taken and they just sat back and should have been punished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Chelsea look great going forward, ropey as hell defending a lead and dropping back. This is a team screaming to be let off the leash and more suited to Ancelotti's style than Mourinho's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Suarez has 3 against the top 12
    And Aguero has 8 against the top 7

Is the stat I saw on twitter earlier.

Wouldn't be surprised if he scores though still 10 minutes left and all he need is one chances.

how many of Aguero's were at home ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Always seems to have those bad days when Liverpool are playing.

Here we go.

Liverpool been on the wrong end of 2 consecutive games with different refs where the decisions have gone against them.

So lets all blame the refs and ignore the multiple gilt-edged chances Liverpool fluffed in front of goal over the course of the 2 games. Much easier.

Nobody would have been moaning about Lee Mason if Sterling could put the ball in the net from 5 yards out.

Nobody would be moaning endlessly about Webb if Sakho converts his header AND the liverpool midfield actually, ya know, give the ball to the best player in the world on form instead of repeated glory-hunting snipes from Coutinho.

People only ever bang on about refs for days when they lose. Liverpool went to the Etihad and AT TIMES mauled City. They didn't make the most of those spells and that's got nothing to do with where the ref was born and raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

fozz10 wrote: »
    chelsea by far the better team. a good performance. its taken longer than usual but liverpools slide has started.
    Two good performances against City and Chelsea away and very unlucky not to get at least a point in both. I think they'll be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Great contributions today mate. Well done.
    Cheers. Appreciate that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Chelsea very resolute and deserved something. Webb was horrible for that Pen decision and there should have been some sanction for that knee high challenge that resulted in the goal but that is that really.

Fair play to Chelsea fans on thread, some of the "neutrals" have some interesting coloured glasses on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

I think the controversy about the ref in the Man City match has hurt Liverpool today. Looks to me like Webb didn't want to be seen to be favourable to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

In hindsight bringing a 19 year old for his debut away to Chelsea was probably the wrong move by Rodgers. He never got into the game at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Decent game of ball. Better team won, don't think that can be questioned. Chelsea were excellent in possession at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

fozz10 wrote: »
    chelsea by far the better team. a good performance. its taken longer than usual but liverpools slide has started.

On what basis has the slide started?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Another atrocious display from the officials.

Not necessarily just against Liverpool though. A series of tackles and drags that Liverpool got away with, Chelsea players got booked for. I suspect Sterling being young and British gave him a lot more latitude than some of Chelsea's players.

I don't know how Webb missed the penalty though.

Chelsea should've been down to 9 by the end.

They were impressive for the first half an hour but sat back for most of the rest of the match and rarely threatened.

In the end Liverpool didn't have the squad for the game and had to resort to the likes of Smith, who didn't make a balls of 1 thing and made an absolute balls of every single other touch he had. He's nowhere near ready for the first team and should not be seen in the squad again any time soon.

Annoyed but not surprised. Anything out of these last 2 games was a bonus. Despite what the odd stray knobhead might have said, we were never in the title race. Our goal is top 4 and this result doesn't really affect that.

• Advertisement

double GG wrote: »
    Yeah it did.

No it didn't, 40 seconds and the ball was out for most of it.

Webb really shouldn't be allowed near any matches for a while, absolutely abysmal performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

Bertser wrote: »
    Two good performances against City and Chelsea away and very unlucky not to get at least a point in both. I think they'll be ok.
    oh they'll be ok alright but they'll struggle to get near top four. squad too light

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

jog on.

He's made some shocking decisions today but to suggest the above is a disgrace.

He's one of the best refs in the world, he's had a bad day. A very bad day.

you'd wanna be careful throwing those sort of accusations around even on the internet.

One if the best refs in the world??
    Seriously ??
    Fergie is that you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    The authorities dont want Liverpool in the top 4. Anfield is too small and rickety to be holding champions league ties they say. It's like Eurosong 96 when my lovely horse won inexplicably

Oh yeah sorry, the bridge is an 80,000 power house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

taytothief wrote: »
    I think the controversy about the ref in the Man City match has hurt Liverpool today. Looks to me like Webb didn't want to be seen to be favourable to Liverpool.

So instead favoured Chelsea giving them soft free kicks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fine performance from Chelsea, why dont they play like that in the rest of their games? On the other hand, we were outclassed.

Here we go.

Liverpool been on the wrong end of 2 consecutive games with different refs where the decisions have gone against them.

So lets all blame the refs and ignore the multiple gilt-edged chances Liverpool fluffed in front of goal over the course of the 2 games. Much easier.

Nobody would have been moaning about Lee Mason if Sterling could put the ball in the net from 5 yards out.

Nobody would be moaning endlessly about Webb if Sakho converts his header AND the liverpool midfield actually, ya know, give the ball to the best player in the world on form instead of repeated glory-hunting snipes from Coutinho.

People only ever bang on about refs for days when they lose. Liverpool went to the Etihad and AT TIMES mauled City. They didn't make the most of those spells and that's got nothing to do with where the ref was born and raised.

If it's 2-2 and Eto does that I think I would just be as angry as Webb as I am now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Second half not as beautiful or fluent as the first but Chelsea dug in and grinded it out like a true Mourinho side. Terry marshalled the backline heroically and Hazard provided the magic, ably assisted by Willian, Oscar and Eto'o. Huge result for Chelsea in the chase for the title and, imo, a fully deserved victory, the better side over 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Have to laugh at Liverpool fans claiming they were robbed by not getting a peno.

No, had you got (and scored) that penalty it would have been Chelsea getting robbed due to being the far superior team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

bad2dabone wrote: »
    On what basis has the slide started?
    were you asleep all week or did u just wake up? its not normal for them to be near the top of the league this time of year based on the last five years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Byebye Liverpool, thanks for making the first half of the season interesting.

Seriously, what is this?

They're in with a great shout of the top 4 and all current top 4 teams played away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

favorable :pac: its his job as a referee to give a penalty if there is a foul in the box. even stevie wonder could see that eto fouled suarez. baffling how he is the head referee in England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Haha Jose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

quarryman wrote: »
    Have to laugh at Liverpool fans claiming they were robbed by not getting a peno.

No, had you got (and scored) that penalty it would have been Chelsea getting robbed due to being the far superior team.

That's not how it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Ahh that's nice Jose :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Seriously ??
    Fergie is that you

I'm pretty sure he's actually ranked as one of the best in the world

Could be mistaken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I hope this is not true. Referees are supposed to be professional aren't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Second half not as beautiful or fluent as the first but Chelsea dug in and grinded it out like a true Mourinho side. Terry marshalled the backline heroically and Hazard provided the magic, ably assisted by Willian, Oscar and Eto'o. Huge result for Chelsea in the chase for the title and, imo, a fully deserved victory, the better side over 90 minutes.

If AiG is saying this that must mean Chelsea put in literally the worst performance of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    Haha Jose!

They're all be a sh*t storm about that anyway :pac:

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Seriously ??
    Fergie is that you

Regardless of what you (or I) think personally the man is the 1st ref to take charge of a Champions League Final and World Cup Final in the same year.

Bottom line over the course of his career he's been consistently good enough to get himself in those positions.

= One of the best in the world.

He has bad games (plenty of them) in the same way players do, in the same way we all have bad days at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Shreeves is shocking.

Are you serious? That was a stonewall pen. If it was scored after the way that Chelsea sat back and played on the break then it would have been a fair result. How Stats are pretty level over the course of the game even though Chelsea bossed the first half, Liverpool came into it a lot more in the second and deserved something more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what did Jose do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mourinho trying to grab the headlines again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

GavRedKing wrote: »
    They're all be a sh*t storm about that anyway :pac:

What did he do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Are you serious? That was a stonewall pen. If it was scored after the way that Chelsea sat back and played on the break then it would have been a fair result. How Stats are pretty level over the course of the game even though Chelsea bossed the first half, Liverpool came into it a lot more in the second and deserved something more.

Don't bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone know why Lamps was taken off for the second half?

Headshot wrote: »
    what did Jose do?
    As Luiz was about to be interviewed said he got booked so could miss the New Years game

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Mourinho trying to grab the headlines again?

He was the same at the end of the game. Would he just let his players get the glory. It's all about him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Barr wrote: »

On a flight to Portugal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Your posting history re: Liverpool suggests you are best ignored.

Apparently carrying an injury/tight hammy

Barr wrote: »

Tight hamstring according to sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Fuhrer wrote: »
    What did he do

Intreputed that interview and dade a joke during with Luiz, that Luiz earned himself a holiday with his booking and 5th yellow card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement