Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Fuhrer wrote: »
    What did he do

Can you answer my question from before please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

taytothief wrote: »
    I think the controversy about the ref in the Man City match has hurt Liverpool today. Looks to me like Webb didn't want to be seen to be favourable to Liverpool.

you mean, like in every game he refs pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Am I the only one who thinks referees don't have 'agendas', and that they just make really **** decisions sometimes?

It seems every club these days has fans who believes a ref has something against them and will wheel out a catalogue of fixtures with the ref they feel hard done by.

Barr wrote: »
    Anyone know why Lamps was taken off for the second half?

Gone to the chipper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

niallo27 wrote: »
    He was the same at the end of the game. Would he just let his players get the glory. It's all about him.

Nothing new there tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Gary Neville ludicrously said that was the best game of football he has seen all season.
    Pretty poor fare overall for the neutrals.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

quarryman wrote: »
    Have to laugh at Liverpool fans claiming they were robbed by not getting a peno.

No, had you got (and scored) that penalty it would have been Chelsea getting robbed due to being the far superior team.

Don't troll this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

I'm pretty sure he's actually ranked as one of the best in the world

Could be mistaken

Not sure either but I can only base my assessment of him on the games I see him referreeing , and in most games he is very poor.
    Someone needs to tell him the game is not about him ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Your posting history re: Liverpool suggests you are best ignored.
    Great way to ignore someone... You know like... reply to them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Gary Neville ludicrously said that was the best game of football he has seen all season.
    Pretty poor fare overall for the neutrals.

Is Neville a closet Chelsea fan? Wasn't it him with the famous "scream" when Torres scored against Barcelona?

• Advertisement

Not sure either but I can only base my assessment of him on the games I see him referreeing , and in most games he is very poor.
    Someone needs to tell him the game is not about him ..
    He's a shìt ref. Bottles a decision in every big game without fail and eventually loses the run of himself when put under pressure by players

Pretty harsh.

It's not. It's really not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Another thing about referees and something the commentator was saying, why was Eto'o not sent off or at least booked for his knee-high challenge? Commentators reasoning was that it was early in the game. Why the hell should that matter? Doesn't matter when he did it, he should have gotten red.

I'm so peed with the result, and the decisions that went against us. But also, there were too many bad performances today by Liverpool players. Johnson was muck, Mignolet should have done better although he did pull off a great save before Hazard scored. Sterling's final ball today was terrible.

But at the end of the day, we had to play 2 teams from the top 5 of the league, away from home and with a thin squad. We didn't get any points and were very unlucky in both matches. We scored 2 and conceded only 4. It was nice to be top at xmas but we can still make top 4. Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There really needs to come a time when officials explain their decisions and I don't mean via the mouthpieces that are Halsey and Riley. Whatever for us fans it must be completely galling as a player and a manager to have to witness that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Corholio wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks referees don't have 'agendas', and that they just make really **** decisions sometimes?

It seems every club these days has fans who believes a ref has something against them and will wheel out a catalogue of fixtures with the ref they feel hard done by.

That's exactly it.

Lets remember here that Howard Webb started refereeing in 1989 as an 18 year old lad ref'ing Micky Mouse games with 1 man and a dog watching.

He didn't start doing it then based on some dream that someday, somehow he would wind up ref'ing a Liverpool game or 2 and could stitch them up!!!!

Refs get so much grief but i honestly believe they do their best. 99.9% of refs in England will never get to even ref a Conference game let alone a Premier League game.

Without them we'd be lost. They're as vital to the sport as the goal-posts, football and players. Fair play to them. I certainly wouldn't have been out on a sunday morning at 18 ref'ing an u-14 match in the freezing cold, i'd have been hugging the bed praying for the hangover to pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jose loves the trolling :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Good man Jose :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

The ref really cost us badly today. Eto should have gone after 3 minutes for studs right into the kneecap of henderson and the stone wall foul in the box he committed on suarez in 2nd half was even worse. The fact he scored the winning goal shows how much wrong decisions from refs are ruining games.

Chelsea were the better team today but no papering over the fact they got incredibly fortunate with key decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Peno for Hazard and yellow for Suarez for diving. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mourinho blaming Suarez for Etoo fouling him.:D

Its going to make the return game very interesting....jaysus hes not mincing his words :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

José spot on there with his assessment of the Suarez-Etoo incident.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Another thing about referees and something the commentator was saying, why was Eto'o not sent off or at least booked for his knee-high challenge? Commentators reasoning was that it was early in the game. Why the hell should that matter? Doesn't matter when he did it, he should have gotten red.

A tackle that early and from a forward is always gonna get a bit of leeway.

Jose must have seen this thread :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mourinho gets away with the kind of stuff that would get you done for trolling here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

BNMC wrote: »

Lol

BNMC wrote: »

Go on break it down for us.

Based on your comments in this thread I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Give Mourinho a few bats of a shovel.......

GavRedKing wrote: »

Is it trolling when you are just plain wrong though. It works better when it's a grey area or an I wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Mou says he hates players that go down easily, he must have fcuking despised half his Real team so..

• Advertisement

Brilliant by Jose,
    maybe against Southampton i play schwarer in CM instead of Luiz
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Oh Jose, go home. You're drunk. He's a character anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

GavRedKing wrote: »

Surely as a mod you are disgusted by this? Please confirm.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Is it trolling when you are just plain wrong though. It works better when it's a grey area or an I wrong.

Its even worst trolling when youre defending something thats so wrong, wouldnt put it past him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Mourinho being very blunt here...masterful trolling really.

Until the day Jose posts on Boards in a similar manner, I couldnt care TBH.

Nothing he can say is actionable by me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

THFC wrote: »
    Mou says he hates players that go down easily, he must have fcuking despised half his Real team so..

That Real team aren't fond of him anyway, so the feeling would be mutual.
    He is like a parody of himself these days.

THFC wrote: »

And hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I dont believe that Jose is a member of boards but even if he was, his trolling outside of boards would not earn him sanction.

There is definitely a bridge somewhere missing a resident.

Letter of the law says it's a penalty against Eto'o but no ref gives that when it's so far away from the ball. It would have been a big surprise if he did tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Turtyturd wrote: »
    A tackle that early and from a forward is always gonna get a bit of leeway.

Not exactly fair though is it? Makes it worse that he goes on to score the winner and then get away with a definite penalty. :mad:

I dont believe that Jose is a member of boards but even if he was, his trolling outside of boards would not earn him sanction.

There is definitely a bridge somewhere missing a resident.

He wouldnt last 2 mins in the soccer forum anyway if was on boards, perma ban nearly instantly I'd reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

blueser wrote: »
    Just seen an interesting stat on Suarez;

16 goals against the bottom seven teams and 3 goals against the top thirteen teams with two of them against Spurs.

Seen this stat just before the City match and found it interesting.

Thought about it a bit more during the City match and again today against Chelsea.

He seems to have played deeper in both these matches and created space for Sterling - who, coincidentally, was one of our most threatening players in both matches.

Either way, in both matches, Suarez was just as much a menace as he was in games that he scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Are you expecting boards.ie mods to moderate Sky interviews?

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Not exactly fair though is it? Makes it worse that he goes on to score the winner and then get away with a definite penalty. :mad:

No it's not fair but the whole notion of 'a forward's tackle' is ingrained in the game, so it won't be looked on as harshly.

Go on Rodgers - moan about the ref - I know u want to

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Are you expecting boards.ie mods to moderate Sky interviews?

That would be interesting, Shreves would be sacked for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Mourinho meh interview...

Suarez entitled to exaggerate that challenge from Eto'o

Def penalty

Letter of the law says it's a penalty against Eto'o but no ref gives that when it's so far away from the ball. It would have been a big surprise if he did tbf.

It never happens though so it's hard to compare it to anything. I can't remember a player been taken out of it like that before besides from a corner maybe.

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    Go on Rodgers - moan about the ref - I know u want to

He's learned and not going to on tv at least

Does not need too really as camera angles pretty damning for Webb and his decisions

Advertisement