Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lol

He's enjoying himself in this thread alright! Haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dont think anyone can defend Eto'o, its a stupid challenge to make and Webb for whatever reason acknowledged it and done nothing.

Eto'o got away with one today, whats worse is Jose saying ti was a Suarez dive.

Typical panto villian from Jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Smart stuff about the squad from Rodgers there. Really think Smith being on the bench was about making a point to the owners that he needs funds in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Smart stuff about the squad from Rodgers there. Really think Smith being on the bench was about making a point to the owners that he needs funds in January.

That is all it could have been with Alberto on the bench.

Glad that some sensible Chelsea fans can see Eto'o behaviour for what it was today. If Mourinho had suggested giving Hendo a reducer early on I would not be surprised. In that regard the "tackle" might have come from any of them I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Thank god the pool fans can see mou for what he is.

Was getting bored of the Rodgers Jose lovefest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Jose loves the trolling :pac:

you can call it trolling but it's not even funny anymore

he just comes across as a total BSer at this stage who nobody can take seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The Americans will need to see better returns on monies spent.... A lot of their transfer investments have been poorly spent.

Aspas & As said I have not been a success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

donfers wrote: »

he just comes across as a total BSer at this stage who nobody can take seriously

Except Sky who love him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Did Hoddle say Eto'o fouling Suarez might have been down to professional jealousy?
    Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

kryogen wrote: »
    While also illustrating that he is fantastic at putting the weakest to the sword and not as effective against the better to great

I have absolutely no doubt that you could pick a 20 game window for any striker and find similarly skewed numbers.

Irrespective of that, your statement about is about the most logical point I have ever read on this forum.

Either way, Liverpool have always had issues with perceived lesser teams. We don't any longer as we have a player than can make a difference.

We now have issues against perceived stronger teams - which makes as much sense as your original point. We just need more better players now that will help us move from being the 5th/6th squad to slight better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Gbear wrote: »
    If AiG is saying this that must mean Chelsea put in literally the worst performance of all time.

Far from it, the first half was breathtaking, the speed of the play, the control offered by Luiz, Lampard and a solid back four complimented by the genius of Hazard, Willian and Oscar and the line well led by Eto'o. Second half was tight and tense but it was a terrific example of the experience in the squad, the character of the squad and the winning mentality of the manager.

I did most of my eulogising in the first half, the subject was Eden Hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Aspas & As said I have not been a success.
    That's a cool auto correct :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

donfers wrote: »

I think he is trying too hard myself. I wouldn't call it trolling either because it doesn't wind me up in the slightest. He just comes across as a bit of a fool who is being controversial for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

GTR63 wrote: »
    Did Hoddle say Eto'o fouling Suarez might have been down to professional jealousy?
    Really?

Don't mind a thing hoddle comes out with !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can anyone at least brighten up the afternoon for Liverpool fans by confirming Victor 'f*cking' Moses was left in London?

Don't mind a thing hoddle comes out with !

Haha it was a ridiculous comment, as if those 4 African Footballer of the Year awards and 3 Champions Leagues weren't enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can anyone at least brighten up the afternoon for Liverpool fans by confirming Victor 'f*cking' Moses was left in London?

I can't confirm

Although there are rumours on Twitter that Suarez was on Chelsea's team bus leaving the stadium and Sakho and Toure were sent to remove him for Gary Cahill's pocket :pac:

I'll get my coat

Really?

No he said Ego

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I can't confirm

Although there are rumours on Twitter that Suarez was on Chelsea's team bus leaving the stadium and Sakho and Toure were sent to remove him for Gary Cahill's pocket :pac:

I'll get my coat

Ahh well Suarez still got me points for an assist on fantasy football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

kryogen wrote: »
    While also illustrating that he is fantastic at putting the weakest to the sword and not as effective against the better to great

Are you trying to suggest that good players generally score more goals against better teams?

Think about that for a moment.

Suarez has scored 14 of his 57 league goals against the current top 8.

1 against the 2 Manchester clubs, 2 against Chelsea, 2 against Arsenal, 3 against Spuds, 3 against Everton and 2 against Newcastle.

Pretty much what you'd expect from any striker with that strike rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Good game.
    Lovin' Luiz at DM. Suits him way better that CB.
    Chelsea worthy winners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Ahh well Suarez still got everyone points for an assist on fantasy football

FYP :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

=Andersonisgod;88207570

I did most of my eulogising in the first half, the subject was Eden Hazard.

You mean you do something else besides eulogise?

Corholio wrote: »
    You mean you do something else besides eulogise?

Absolutely, I offer logical opinions and throw in a few facts too. I'd say I'm quite a good all rounder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I didn't think the first was a peno. Suarez made no attempt to play the ball so of course Terry is going to touch him, cleared it out fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

RasTa wrote: »
    I didn't think the first was a peno. Suarez made no attempt to play the ball so of course Terry is going to touch him, cleared it out fair.

You can't jump on top and through a player to get the ball though. They are never really given though so can't be too upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

murpho999 wrote: »
    Seriously, what is this?

They're in with a great shout of the top 4 and all current top 4 teams played away.

banter!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Phoenix wrote: »
    annyone have current league standings after today

It seems you have access to the internet. Perhaps you could look it up yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Phoenix wrote: »
    annyone have current league standings after today

5th point behind Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

He's a shìt ref. Bottles a decision in every big game without fail and eventually loses the run of himself when put under pressure by players

RE: Webb.

this is basically it. no more, no less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Gbear wrote: »
    Are you trying to suggest that good players generally score more goals against better teams?

Nope

Course, it wasn't me brought the stat into the thread originally so you would need to aske the OP if that was what he was trying to do maybe?

For me, its a pretty normal stat, weaker opposition are easier to score against generally.

Where a difference has been made now, is that Liverpool have a striker again who is fantastic at putting the weaker sides to the sword, someone else has made this point also, which has been lacking in the squad since about 09 I guess.

Better players are now needed to compliment him and push the team forward.

Top 4 is pretty much minimum requirement for this though as I am pretty sure he will be on his way if that doesn't happen this season.

For those going on about Suarez and his goals

Here are his league goals for Liverpool
    Norwich -11
    Sunderland -7
    Wigan -5
    Stoke - 4
    Fulham -4
    Everton -3
    QPR -3
    Spurs - 3
    West Brom -3
    Newcastle -2
    Arsenal -2
    Chelsea -2
    West Ham -2
    Cardiff -2
    Wolves -1
    Man Utd -1
    Aston Villa -1
    Man City -1
    Swansea -1
    Palace -1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Eto was a lucky boy it was 3 mins in he made that tackle on henderson. It was awful, high and late. Any later in the game he would have walked.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Eto was a lucky boy it was 3 mins in he made that tackle on henderson. It was awful, high and late. Any later in the game he would have walked.

I honestly believe webb is a poor referee . He gets so many big decisions wrong it isn't funny .

rob316 wrote: »

It really should not matter what time it is in the game

It really should not matter what time it is in the game

I agree there really is no defending this at all .

1554465_728033223873423_470427286_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I agree there really is no defending this at all .

I'm not saying it wasn't a bad tackle but that photo makes it look worse than it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

For those going on about Suarez and his goals

Here are his league goals for Liverpool
    Norwich -11
    Sunderland -7
    Wigan -5
    Stoke - 4
    Fulham -4
    Everton -3
    QPR -3
    Spurs - 3
    West Brom -3
    Newcastle -2
    Arsenal -2
    Chelsea -2
    West Ham -2
    Cardiff -2
    Wolves -1
    Man Utd -1
    Aston Villa -1
    Man City -1
    Swansea -1
    Palace -1

So your saying that he has only scored 6 of his 59 against the top echelon of teams.... (20%)

Whats that? Just over 10%?

Its not a great record by any stretch, but it doesn't necessarily mean he cant do it against the big teams. There are other factors that must come into contention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I honestly believe webb is a poor referee . He gets so many big decisions wrong it isn't funny .

To be fair he's made worse decisions. Tries to be the players friend and does love doing that word in the ear too much for it to be effective. Didn't even give a yellow for that than gave Luiz a yellow later for dragging back a player

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Really?

Wow did Hoddle really say that? More than a touch of the David Ickes about that lad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

but his body language is great and he makes sure to never upset the more vocal managers so he's the best ref in the world, deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

You'd be wrong. Poor referees don't get to officiate World Cup and Champions League finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

You'd be wrong. Poor referees don't get to officiate World Cup and Champions League finals.

Good referees don't book players three times in one game.

They obviously do.

nigel-de-jong-tackle-on-xabi-alonso-6013.jpg

He has not managed to officiate any top games since that debacle in the world cup final and did not ref a game at all in 2012 euros.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm not saying it wasn't a bad tackle but that photo makes it look worse than it was.

That photo shows how reckless it was ! It was a straight red and nobody can say other wise .

Dont remember Webb doing that.

That was graham poll .

• Advertisement
Advertisement