Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nexus 7 (2013)

Options
  • 27-12-2013 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi lads I wonder do any of you know any good deals on the new nexus 7? In most places its around 249. Anyone know any better value? Would like to get it at around 220. Thanks for any help given.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

235 in power city for nexus 2013 16gb

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tipp2k12

Ya thats not bad. Was going to get it off amazon but prices change alot there.

Anyone think there going to be going on sale soon or should I just pay the 249 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

tipp2k12 wrote: »
    Anyone think there going to be going on sale soon or should I just pay the 249 now?
    duh!!! you got something against power city?

No but don't live near power city and there website is pretty poor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

What's the asus nexus 7 16GB like?

It's 115gbp on ebay.

Postage is only to UK though but you'd probably get it posted to Ireland if you contacted seller and told him you'd pay the excess.

Link if interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASUS-NEXUS7-16GB-7-Quad-Core-Tablet-with-Android-4-1-Jelly-Bean-16GB-HDD-/360810893886?_trkparms=clkid%3D3746456647326989373&_qi=RTM1190898

That is a very good price however I am looking for the 2013 nexus 7 and that is the 2012 nexus 7. If anyone did want to get the one you linked you could probably use parcel motel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

tipp2k12 wrote: »
    That is a very good price however I am looking for the 2013 nexus 7 and that is the 2012 nexus 7. If anyone did want to get the one you linked you could probably use parcel motel.

No worries bud.

Sorry I couldn't help I just saw it and remembered your post.

Hope you find one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

Looking for a bargain on a 2013 nexus 7 myself. Anyone know if I'd need 32gb or would 16gb suffice? I think I'd only be using it for web browsing, watching catchup tv and playing games. Thanks for any advice!

The best deal I have seen is still the one mentioned above in power city but I expect these to go on sale pretty soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

There's an extra 10% off the sale price in power city brining the price down to €224.96 valid until 01/01/2014 at 11.59 p.m.

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-28-543077&brands=&accessories=1

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭innocent_lover

You can get it from amazon.es for approx €223, only downside is you will be getting European charger instead of uk/irish

http://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B00EZGA09G/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1388666961&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I got this from Pcworld bricks and mortar
    very very happy with it
    fast and good battery life

tegra note 7

Having played around with the new nexus, I'd say this is pretty close and beats it in some areas

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/12/nvidia-tegra-note-7-review/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I got this from Pcworld bricks and mortar
    very very happy with it
    fast and good battery life

tegra note 7

Having played around with the new nexus, I'd say this is pretty close and beats it in some areas

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/12/nvidia-tegra-note-7-review/

I considered this... the screen was the deal breaker for me... just wasnt a patch on the nexus. Its nice but I dont think anything out there beats the nexus, or comes close atm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I considered this... the screen was the deal breaker for me... just wasnt a patch on the nexus. Its nice but I dont think anything out there beats the nexus, or comes close atm

Have you actually seen it?

Nexus 2013 is brighter, but honestly everything looks pin sharp on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

i got a nexus 7 2013 model as a christmas present. it was left with the reciept in case of warranty claim. it was bought from dixons travel for £178. if you know somebody traveling through an airport in the next while that will probably be your best bet

Got the nexus 7 (2013) today. It is a great device and worth every penny. The screen was my main attraction and it is very impressive. Anyone else considering the nexus I would say go ahead and buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ianman

Hi there, odd question to post up but it's my desperate attempt to find an answer, it's concerns the Nexus 7 2013, Angry Birds Star Wars 2 TELEPODS and no shops can answer.

Q: Can anyone confirm if Angry Birds Stars Wars 2 TELEPODS work on the Nexus 7 2013???

We are interested in buying the Nexus 7 2013 as it would suit our needs but also to allow my son to play his TELEPODS on as he has a few Angry Birds Star Wars 2 TELEPODS and nothing to play them on. The Hasbro web site states all the TELEPOD devices compatible and the Nexus 7 is mentioned but I'm trying to find someone who can confirm this for me before we buy it and have a very disappointed son if it doesn't work. I know there are other tablets that will work like the I pad but the Nexus7 looks good and is in our price range. I appreciate any feedback from all you Nexus 7 users, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

ianman wrote: »
    Hi there, odd question to post up but it's my desperate attempt to find an answer, it's concerns the Nexus 7 2013, Angry Birds Star Wars 2 TELEPODS and no shops can answer.

Q: Can anyone confirm if Angry Birds Stars Wars 2 TELEPODS work on the Nexus 7 2013???

We are interested in buying the Nexus 7 2013 as it would suit our needs but also to allow my son to play his TELEPODS on as he has a few Angry Birds Star Wars 2 TELEPODS and nothing to play them on. The Hasbro web site states all the TELEPOD devices compatible and the Nexus 7 is mentioned but I'm trying to find someone who can confirm this for me before we buy it and have a very disappointed son if it doesn't work. I know there are other tablets that will work like the I pad but the Nexus7 looks good and is in our price range. I appreciate any feedback from all you Nexus 7 users, cheers

Yes, it does work. I just checked with the Play store on mine.

TBH, I knew it would before checking as the Nexus 7 (2013) is Google's main tablet at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ianman

Fair play to ya footloose and thanks for that, were you able to check that the actual Telepods work? or that Google play store has the angry birds star wars 2 game? Just trying to clarify, because we have the game on the laptop but no device to play the Telepods on. I'm looking forward to buying the nexus 7! Again, thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement