Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saniflo toilet, is it reliable, will it last, and are they recommended?

• 27-12-2013 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of putting a Saniflo toilet + hand basin under the stairs, I have only heard one 1st hand report about said product and that was negative, so I need a few positive recommendations before I go ahead. Mine will be on a concrete floor with the macerator behind a small studded wall.

PS: Are there alternative brands to 'Saniflo' on the Irish market?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Grundfos have one. But unless you feck a whole roll of loo paper down there quite reliable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

I put a Saniflo unit in my mothers house around 5/6 yrs ago and the only issue I've had with it was the nephews flushing baby wipes and at one stage , conkers. If it's used properly and installed properly their a good job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I have had a Saniflo installed on my boat for 14yrs never had any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

It works well until it doesn't work well. If you can keep control of its use, it's fine. But still it's more of a last resort than the first thing you should consider.

If there is any other way to do it apart from the saniflo, I would do it that other way. At ground floor level it should be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

It works well until it doesn't work well. If you can keep control of its use, it's fine.

Please elaborate.
    If there is any other way to do it apart from the saniflo, I would do it that other way. At ground floor level it should be possible.

Many thanks, problem is the floor is made of concrete, which is about 8" thick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

It works well until it doesn't work well. If you can keep control of its use, it's fine.
    LordSutch wrote: »
    Please elaborate.

I think antoinolachtnai meant keep control of it's users and what they decide to contribute to it, nappy wipes, wet ones and anything with this type of material will cause problems.
    I display a sign above my Saniflo, asking that participants do not discard anything down the loo unless its been through them first. :p

Advertisement