Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious disturance Eyre St. Newbridge

Options
  • 28-12-2013 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Coming home down Eyre St. Newbridge a few minutes ago and had to turn back. Five squad cars and a police van outside the Winning post pub. About fifty people fighting on Eyre St. and John St.Bloody frighting. What the hell is the town coming to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Animals. Gardai will have some job dealing with a pub full of booze monkeys after a day on the ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Saw that fight was pretty violent, went on for quite awhile. Before Gards showed up the 'group' were what sounded like smashing up the pub and each-other.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

It was only a matter of time before it happened. Gardai are called there on a regular basis. I live near the pup and pass it several times a day and regularly see customers at the front door smoking and urinating against the front wall even during the day.Disgusting. In these days when you have to be so politically correct for fear of being branded a racist,it begs the question When will these people ever learn? They play the racist card every time they are refused in a pub or when trying to book hotels for weddings. When they are accommodated they regularly end up wrecking the place because of some long running family feud. But of course its part of their ethnic history and tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

and when you complain nothing happens and threads get closed down until the next incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

The establishment in question should be shut down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

JeffK88 wrote: »
    The establishment in question should be shut down

There is rumour it will be shut down if it happens again. Crazy situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Myself and a friend used to go in there the odd Sunday afternoon to watch the football about 15 years ago. We went in about the middle of January, having not been there in a while and the barman (Simon) wouldn't take for our first round. "Your Christmas drink." Our regular local didn't even give us a Christmas drink! How things have changed...

I know of a couple of girls who went in there recently to get out of the rain while they waited for their taxi but they weren't allowed in. "Locals only" said the barman. They were probably better off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

Myself and a friend used to go in there the odd Sunday afternoon to watch the football about 15 years ago. We went in about the middle of January, having not been there in a while and the barman (Simon) wouldn't take for our first round. "Your Christmas drink." Our regular local didn't even give us a Christmas drink! How things have changed...

I know of a couple of girls who went in there recently to get out of the rain while they waited for their taxi but they weren't allowed in. "Locals only" said the barman. They were probably better off.

It sounds like they were better off from the reputation the place is getting.

Advertisement