Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Face Redness

• 28-12-2013 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi
    Im having a bad breakout of spots at the moment.Just wondering can anyone recommend any creams / foundations they use to cover up? Due to bad skin problems before i have a redness on my chin thats always there even when i dont have any spots, i can never seem to find make up that really covers it up. Im currently using clinque cc cream & benefit boeing. I like the cc cream, but not so much the concealer. Anyone have a recommendation on redness reducing creams, or tried Rosehip oils? or any advice in general :D I decided my new years resolution is try to get my skin looking better :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

applesock wrote: »
    Hi
    Im having a bad breakout of spots at the moment.Just wondering can anyone recommend any creams / foundations they use to cover up? Due to bad skin problems before i have a redness on my chin thats always there even when i dont have any spots, i can never seem to find make up that really covers it up. Im currently using clinque cc cream & benefit boeing. I like the cc cream, but not so much the concealer. Anyone have a recommendation on redness reducing creams, or tried Rosehip oils? or any advice in general :D I decided my new years resolution is try to get my skin looking better :)

Hi, I have a lot or redness on my cheeks and a little on my chin and it drives me mad! I've always had it and while I haven't found anything to fix it, I have started using Estée Lauder double wear foundation. It is amazing! It completely covers the redness, I just love it. It says on the bottle it will last up to 16 hours. I have use it with primer and it lasted me a 12 hour day at work and it was perfect!

It's a bit pricey, I think around €40 but so worth it! If you can go to an EL counter, the staff are really helpful and will give a wee tester to make sure it suits you and my tiny tester lasted me over a month, using it about 4 times a week. Or if that's out of price range try the concealer from Collection in boots. It's really good value, about €4, good coverage and doesn't crease. I use under my eyes but have used it on my cheeks too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I use Rosewater & Glycerin from Boots, about 3 quid a bottle. It has toned down about 99% of the redness in my cheeks. Highly recommend it.

Another option would be to try a green tinted concealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Oh brilliant thanks for the reply. Ive been reading alot of great reviews about the EL Double Wear , i dont mind investing in something that is actually worth it :D might pop into there counter & see which one suits me :D will also try the boots concealer , sounds cheap & cheerful :D

bnagrrl thanks il check them out. Ive never used either. Ive heard of glycerin , do you find it harsh on your skin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

bnagrrl thanks il check them out. Ive never used either. Ive heard of glycerin , do you find it harsh on your skin?

Nope I don't find it harsh it all. I apply it to clean skin with some cotton wool and let it soak in for a few mins, then moisturise and apply make up as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I use either Inglot foundation or Revlon colourstay. My cheeks are like tomatoes and I find both of these amazing at covering the redness.

Oh thanks bnagrrl, il check this out :D i went in about the doublewear today but town was abit to crazy so going to go in when its not as busy and see.
    Mauzo I've heard of Inglot but have never tried their stuff is it expensive? will i find it in boots? Will check out the revlon :D thanks for all the suggestions, just hoping to find something that works for me :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

Double wear works great it is so worth it - i know they are telling you right i have one myself and we cant all be wrong :D

i really want to get a sample of it & try and see, which one do you use? i was look at debenhams web site , so its DW stay in place, maximum cover or light stay in place. I dont really like a heavy make up look, but want the coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Oh thanks bnagrrl, il check this out :D i went in about the doublewear today but town was abit to crazy so going to go in when its not as busy and see.
    Mauzo I've heard of Inglot but have never tried their stuff is it expensive? will i find it in boots? Will check out the revlon :D thanks for all the suggestions, just hoping to find something that works for me :)

Not sure where you are, but there's an Inglot store in the Dundrum Town Centre. I think I paid €22 for the foundation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

i really want to get a sample of it & try and see, which one do you use? i was look at debenhams web site , so its DW stay in place, maximum cover or light stay in place. I dont really like a heavy make up look, but want the coverage.

Im pretty sure mine is stay in place, the assistants at the counter will point you in the right direction based on what your looking for but I personally don't think you can get the full coverage without the make up look. Don't get me wrong it doesn't look like a mask or anything but you would know that I'm wearing make up when I have it on. I don't mind that so much though as it is the best colour foundation I have ever used.
    I thought it was far to pale when I looked at it first, way lighter than anything else I've bought. The woman that helped me insisted it was right and gave me the tester and she was bang on!
    So while you have the make up look, it just kind of looks like a better version of my face if you know what I mean!

Advertisement