Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing in Swords

Options
  • 28-12-2013 4:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Want to get a nipple piercing and was wondering if anyone had some advice in relation to there experience with Swords Ink or StigmataTau and which one you would recommend.. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

I got my eyebrow pierced in Stigmata Tau, and I have to say, the girl was very good, very friendly and very helpful. Swords Ink I can't comment on. Ive been up there to have a look around and they're sound, but havent heard anything regarding their work. I'd go for Stigmata Tau. Just my 0.2c :D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Periwinkle!

P.K.M. wrote: »
    I got my eyebrow pierced in Stigmata Tau, and I have to say, the girl was very good, very friendly and very helpful. Swords Ink I can't comment on. Ive been up there to have a look around and they're sound, but havent heard anything regarding their work. I'd go for Stigmata Tau. Just my 0.2c :D :cool:

Cheers for reply P.K.M. Girl from Stigmata Tau is on holidays. Popped into swords Ink. They were friendly and the place was very clean. Happy with the service and piercings also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Stay away from Swords ink,

I went there, they use low grade jewelry (not rounded at the ends and contains a high amount of nickel) so they collect large amounts of calcium and irritate the skin,

Furthermore, their sterilization technique is terrible, for example, when I was getting one of my tongue piercings, Wayne (the piercer) had his gloves on, dried my tongue, marked up, changed songs on his phone and did not change his gloves, and proceeded to pierce my tongue, which I had to remove as it went in arseways.

Another time I got him to do both sides of my tongue, was by far the most painful pair of piercings I have ever had, he hit both veins. (I have been pierced over 40 times, so that is saying something)

Not sure about stigmata, but have not heard anything bad about them. It is that or the city centre. But I would definitely advise against swords.

Oh, and to add, I don't think the piercer in swords even did an apprenticeship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Karlitto wrote: »

I went there, they use low grade jewelry (not rounded at the ends and contains a high amount of nickel) so they collect large amounts of calcium and irritate the skin,

Furthermore, their sterilization technique is terrible, for example, when I was getting one of my tongue piercings, Wayne (the piercer) had his gloves on, dried my tongue, marked up, changed songs on his phone and did not change his gloves, and proceeded to pierce my tongue, which I had to remove as it went in arseways.

Another time I got him to do both sides of my tongue, was by far the most painful pair of piercings I have ever had, he hit both veins. (I have been pierced over 40 times, so that is saying something)

Not sure about stigmata, but have not heard anything bad about them. It is that or the city centre. But I would definitely advise against swords.

why didn't you say something then? and you went back to him? why?

Arawn wrote: »
    why didn't you say something then? and you went back to him? why?

Got the middle done, took it out cause it was crooked, which can happen, went back for the sides, last time I went there.

Oh, and I did say it to him about the phone and gloves.

I am not here to debate it, just telling my experience.

• Advertisement

I wasn't looking for a debate, I was wondering why you let a piercer which you know isn't following the hygene protocalls all artists do to pierce you then went back to him again

I wasn't looking for a debate, I was wondering why you let a piercer which you know isn't following the hygene protocalls all artists do to pierce you then went back to him again

Because I brought him up on it, and made sure he did it the second time, but, after the major mess up on the second time, that was it for me.

Because I brought him up on it, and made sure he did it the second time, but, after the major mess up on the second time, that was it for me.

but you kept quiet the first time?

but you kept quiet the first time?

Doesn't matter, I am here to answer to the OP's question, not answer your questions about my own decisions. Hence shall not be replying to you.

Doesn't matter, I am here to answer to the OP's question, not answer your questions about my own decisions. Hence shall not be replying to you.

hF9048F9B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...they use low grade jewelry (not rounded at the ends and contains a high amount of nickel)

How do you know it contains a high amount of nickel, or if the piercer did an apprenticeship or not?

How do you know it contains a high amount of nickel, or if the piercer did an apprenticeship or not?

Because of where he gets the jewelry, I checked it out and it is cheap, poor quality, and has about a 19% count of nickel. I usually only use Wildcat jewelry (one of the main suppliers)

And I know about the apprenticeship as I know the piercer, and have done for some time. Just because I know him, does not mean I am not going to be honest about his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Periwinkle!

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with them. If I had heard that before I definitely would of avoided them. Thankfully both Piercings look good and are healing great.

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with them. If I had heard that before I definitely would of avoided them. Thankfully both Piercings look good and are healing great.

Glad to hear it was ok!

Remember, don't be touching it! And keep cleaning it :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Swords ink are grand.Know loads of people that have been pierced and tattooed there and no problems whatsoever with hygiene.

As a matter of fact I'm getting inked there next Friday the 13th to support their charity work.

Advertisement