Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

As a quitting aid.....

Options
  • 28-12-2013 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Electronic cigarettes are ****.

Buying all this Kanger garbage and this 'electronic-liquid', it turns brown after two pulls. Not to worry... you can clean them... what ****e...A frustrating experience for people trying to quit one of the most addictive substances known.

****e.

Oh, I didn't buy the right accoutrements, I must be dumb.

Electronic cigarettes are annoying me. Does a reliable, electronic alternative exist to 20 Marlboro red......?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭dobman88

I quit 5 and a half months ago using the cheapo e-cigs you can buy in any shop or petrol station, I used them for 8 days and then used patches for 6 weeks and haven't had a smoke since.

Just because something works/doesn't work for one person doesn't mean it will have the same effect on everyone. Get over yourself and try different methods til you find one that suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tjones64

dobman88 wrote: »
    I quit 5 and a half months ago using the cheapo e-cigs you can buy in any shop or petrol station, I used them for 8 days and then used patches for 6 weeks and haven't had a smoke since.

Just because something works/doesn't work for one person doesn't mean it will have the same effect on everyone. Get over yourself and try different methods til you find one that suits you.

I have gotten over myself and this **** product is still ****. Here's a helping hand....Electronic cigarettes. Oh no, they have crapped out after a few pulls. I'm not trying to make fun of anyone, it's a real frustration. The short life is really wrecking me head... dot .....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭dobman88

So like I said, the same things don't work for everyone. If you stopped using the e-cigs you wouldn't get frustrated. Try something else. Patches, gum, mints, food anything at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

tjones64 wrote: »
    I must be dumb.
    Maybe not dumb but definitely impatient.
    Electronic cigarettes are annoying me. Does a reliable, electronic alternative exist to 20 Marlboro red......?
    There are so many factors to consider that to reach whatever 'reliable' means for you takes a bit of work. There are no devices that're 100% hassle-free so if that's what you're looking for look elsewhere or find someone who'll do all the annoying sh!t for you.
    The closest you can get to hassle-free is an SD maxi and prefilled cartomisers. Trog is a guy who makes devices specifically for people who can't be bothered taking care of things. I think they sell his stuff at ecigwizard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Electronic cigarettes are ****.

Buying all this Kanger garbage and this 'electronic-liquid', it turns brown after two pulls. Not to worry... you can clean them... what ****e...A frustrating experience for people trying to quit one of the most addictive substances known.

****e.

Oh, I didn't buy the right accoutrements, I must be dumb.

You wanna quit smoking one of the most addictive substances known, put a bit of effort into it. The rewards are there for the taking. It's an adjustment. Nothing is as easy as going to the shop, buying 20 smokes, and off you go. With Ecigs, you need to try different setups, find what works for you.
    For me, the Kanger eVod is my daily atty, solid, easy to change unscrew the coil, and stick in a new one when required. Sounds like you already have an ego type battery. If so, there are tons of atties you can try for a few quid a piece.

• Advertisement
Advertisement