Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Norwich v Manchester United | 3PM | Setanta Sports 1

• 28-12-2013 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

NorwichUnited.jpg
    Saturday 28 December
    15:00 GMT kick-off
    Referee - Phil Dowd

Live - Setanta Sports 1

Team News

Norwich - Norwich are definitely without Michael Turner (suspended), Anthony Pilkington, Elliot Bennett and Alexander Tettey. Jonny Howson will face a late fitness test on his back.

Manchester United - Antonio Valencia is suspended for this trip to Norfolk after collecting his fifth booking of the season against Hull, while Rafael is doubtful after sustaining a groin injury. Phil Jones is also unavailable due to knee damage, but Michael Carrick could start after making his return from an Achilles problem as a substitute.

Norwich squad: Ruddy, Whittaker, Martin, Bassong, Olsson, Fer, Johnson, Snodgrass, Redmond, Hoolahan, Hooper, Bunn, Becchio, R Bennett, Josh Murphy, Elmander, Van Wolfswinkel, Garrido, Howson.

Man United squad: De Gea, Lindegaard, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Vidic, Fabio, Nani, Fletcher, Cleverley, Giggs, Anderson, Young, Zaha, Januzaj, Rooney, Welbeck, Kagawa, Hernandez.

Pretty confident of a win here today, hoping that Januzaj will start and Kagawa will play some part.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bottom half team, so win to United :)

Utd to win by 2 or more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

United win, but not sure by how many.

Could see a 0-4 here, but could also see us scrape through. do think will will get the 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Robbie savage tweeted that Rooney may be out for the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Fulham can beat the Canaries at home anyone can.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

double GG wrote: »
    Robbie savage tweeted that Rooney may be out for the game.

Now confirmed.

Utd were a definite for me today in the betting.

With Rooney out I'll avoid I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We'll see just how much Rooney has been carrying us today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Utd were a definite for me today in the betting.

With Rooney out I'll avoid I think

Southampton are a great price if you need a replacement

That team is okay as long as Giggs is on the wing and Kagawa behind Chico

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

kryogen wrote: »
    Southampton are a great price if you need a replacement

Best price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

orwich City XI vs Man Utd: Ruddy; Martin, R Bennett, Bassong (c), Olsson; Fer, Johnson; Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Redmond; Hooper.

Man Utd XI v Norwich: De Gea, Smalling, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Young, Cleverley, Carrick, Giggs, Kagawa, Hernandez

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Best price?

Not sure, I backed them at 15/4 though

Could probably got bigger if you look around too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Not confident in the slightest.

mike65 wrote: »
    orwich City XI vs Man Utd: Ruddy; Martin, R Bennett, Bassong (c), Olsson; Fer, Johnson; Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Redmond; Hooper.

Man Utd XI v Norwich: De Gea, Smalling, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Young, Cleverley, Carrick, Giggs, Kagawa, Hernandez

Look forward to seeing Kagawa and Hernandez link up, wont expect miracles given the lack of playing time together but that could be a nice partnership

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

Any chance its Kagawa on the left and Giggs as part of a 3 man midfield? I hope its not but don't remember Giggs playing 90 minutes as an left winger i n the last couple of season.

Actually surprised to see hernandez I didn't think he played well coming on against Hull but he needs gametime to get back to his usual best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

jdooley28 wrote: »
    Any chance its Kagawa on the left and Giggs as part of a 3 man midfield? I hope its not but don't remember Giggs playing 90 minutes as an left winger i n the last couple of season.

Actually surprised to see hernandez I didn't think he played well coming on against Hull but he needs gametime to get back to his usual best

My opinion on Hernandez is that he is a great goalscorer in the box, but his link up play is average.

Giggs is still a decent left wing and can cross it in effectively and a lot better than Kagawa

Kagawa has shown at Dortmund he can be a top class playmaker when given the chance

If they are switched I'll be annoyed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Giggs is still a decent left wing and can cross it in effectively and a lot better than Kagawa

Kagawa has shown he can be a top class playmaker when given the chance

they'll be switched.

Giggs Central, Kagawa wide.

Stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Rooney out? Ugh oh :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

sawfish wrote: »
    My opinion on Hernandez is that he is a great goalscorer in the box, but his link up play is average.

Your opinion is wrong.

Your opinion is wrong.

Alot of people agree with him, and I'm one, you can see some signs of improvement in the limited gametime this year, but if he wants to know why he doesnt play more, its because outside the box, he is anonymous for alot of games he starts

Different when he comes on, normally when we are piling pressure, he can be in the box working of the balls bouncing around.

Kagawa has shown at Dortmund he can be a top class playmaker when given the chance

I think they will interchange throughout the game, Young will also move around at times switching right to left.

Hernandez's link up play is a bit above average IMO, it used to be poor but he's worked on it a lot credit to him.

A long way to go before it will be very good but I think that will come with more game time, whether that will be at United or some other club is another question.

Hernandez is above average in everything, excellent in certain things. His link up play is constantly getting better and I am delighted to see him get a run out today, its vital the squad is used to keep everybody happy and match fit

kryogen wrote: »
    Hernandez is above average in everything, excellent in certain things. His link up play is constantly getting better and I am delighted to see him get a run out today, its vital the squad is used to keep everybody happy and match fit

Hard to believe he's turning 26 in 2014

Yeah its true he can whip the ball in which is important today as a lot our attacks will come up the left as opposed to Young/Smalling on the right side but I can really see him playing a least some of the game centrally with Kag being pushed to left and if that does happen its a very conservative midfield 3, much more conservative than what's required for Norwich. Also, I'm not sure how much cover Giggs will offer to Evra as LM, now he could an excellent job at it but I haven't seen much of him there lately to say

As I said I'd love to see Kag play the full 90 off Chica in the No.10, we have super play maker he need to start getting more out of

Kag on the left right now anyway

Is it raining or is it poor picture quality?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Doesn't look encouraging. Kagawa being asked to do the job of 2 players and Cleverley in the position that Kags should be.

Means Chico is completely isolated up front.

Is it raining or is it poor picture quality?

Your tv Id say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

At least they started stronger than they did against Hull.

Can see a few goals here alright, just wish either Rooney or RVP was playing.

Chica is the typr of player who needs support up front to arrive quickly for him, he isn't physically big enough to hold it up for too long, if Moyes is insisting on Kag playing wide would have been much better to have welbeck on the pitch also. United already look the much better team

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

We are keeping the ball really well. Struggling to create much so far though.

A shame that all our possession results in a hoof of the ball up to Hernandez. Like playing someone on FIFA who just lobs it up the field in the hopes of their Lacey player getting the through ball...

• Advertisement

Major let off...

Evra is some pain in the ****ing hole

Wake the fcuk up Evra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Some save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Evra not giving a ****e again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Great save from Big Dave, should have been in from the follow up though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Evra again FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Happens every game now, he's past it

Jesus. Nervy.

Rubbish!!

People worried about the lack of players on our right earlier in the main thread yet we are getting skinned down the left. The early preformance is gone and this looks like it will be a struggle to keep a clean sheet now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Stop trying to ping it onto Hernandez's head ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ah yes, that's how you score, repeatedly kick the ball straight at the Norwich defence :mad: This is shambolic stuff.

Why crosses are being pinged into Chico is beyond me, need some composure and to keep ball

We are ****ing ****

• Advertisement
Advertisement