Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Norwich v Manchester United | 3PM | Setanta Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Welbeck should be on the wing, even to add more balance to the team and let Shinji play in his preferred position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

This is the second time now that Moyes has made the same mistake of starting one of Welbeck or Hernandez up front on their own. Will he learn now that its not possible to win like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Young is far from being a bad player though, he just get injured way too often for my liking. The same with Nani I admit although I have always had a soft spot for him.

I can already see an improvement in directness this half, credit where it is due for Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Impact sub Danny Welbeck ladies and gentlemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Pro. F wrote: »
    You are so full of shít. I discussed the defensive positioning for that goal with you for days on end. You forgotten that?

You are very odd I must say. Of course I remember, it was that painful. I still stand by my point that Clev was turned twice and taken to the cleaners in that exchange. You don't agree, no suprise. You threw up his passing stats to defend him. Where in his stats is him ending up on his arse covered? Thats right stats don't show everything which you have said youself but you continue to weild them as pointlessly as possible.

Whats so bs about Clev getting turned today? Are you not watching this or to biased to see whats right in front of you. He got turned and ended up behind the play more than once in the first 45 mins and they resulted in Norwich chances.

Actually dont bother to reply, you probably think he was positioned just right. I'd rather see can we pull ths win off then get into one of your typically over pedantic exchanges.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There we are. Crisis over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Welbeck! Beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Go on Danny!!!!!

MagicIRL wrote: »

I'm so smart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Good man Danny

• Advertisement

Sky must be a couple of minutes behind the stream you're watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

GET IN DANNY! :D

HE
    Scores
    When
    He
    Wants

Fairplay to Moyes, the sub paid off. Still not looking good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good man Danny. Long way go. Keep it up

2nd shot on target all game apparently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

kryogen wrote: »
    HE
    Scores
    When
    He
    Wants

He scores when he waaaaaaaanntts

Danny Welbeck, he scores when he wants

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Well taken Welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

YES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

DANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Atta boy Danny. Who went off for him to come on. Missed 1st half.

I cant say fair play to Moyes for that, I just cant. It was a mistake setting the team up how he did, that he keeps doing it and having to make adjustments is worrying.

Now please don't go negative, go and get another couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Danny Welbeck, he scores goals.....eck.

Took it very well. Hard to believe Welbeck has composure when he wants

Giggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

And NOW, can we get some sort of a foothold in the game and not be penned in the rest of the game.

Giggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Young is far from being a bad player though, he just get injured way too often for my liking. The same with Nani I admit although I have always had a soft spot for him.

I can already see an improvement in directness this half, credit where it is due for Moyes.

For this reason I have advocated giving players like Anderson and Fabio game time.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

this one is far from over

• Advertisement

Feel the hoofball has stopped this half too.

If United could only continue their away form to OT the league would defo be within touching distance. Third best away form in the league , however only tenth best at home.

I cant say fair play to Moyes for that, I just cant. It was a mistake setting the team up how he did, that he keeps doing it and having to make adjustments is worrying.

Now please don't go negative, go and get another couple.

I agree the first team selection was poor but at half time he saw it wasn't working, not that you could miss it, and made the early change taking a senior player off.

I am not thanking his entire setup today but admitting it was not working and making that early change the has so far paid off is a good thing.

beno619 wrote: »
    For this reason I have advocated giving players like Anderson and Fabio game time.

Young is different to Anderson.

Fabio I happen to agree with

Just for the record, Young is still not good enough to be first choice for United btw, the fact that he is looking a bit above how the rest are playing on the wings is not a ringing endorsement of his ability

Had time for a touch did he

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Large dollop of jam in that goal but that's what happens when you don't take your chances. Norwich might fold now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Giggs

Surely the writing is on the wall now for him so, certainly in terms of starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Nope

Player-coach says it all really.

Hernandez, even now, has had an awful game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Large dollop of jam in that goal but that's what happens when you don't take your chances. Norwich might fold now.

More chance of Fulham winning today (0-4 down) than Norwich not conceding again. Chris Hughton is on thin ice again

Young is different to Anderson.

Fabio I happen to agree with

Just for the record, Young is still not good enough to be first choice for United btw, the fact that he is looking a bit above how the rest are playing on the wings is not a ringing endorsement of his ability

Agreed that young isn't good enough to start, but how many people have said sell Welbeck, Young ect. Anderson is still a United player and still useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

I find it hard to slate Hernandez we all now what he does, Service is rubbish

Tom Huddlestone can cut his hair!!! 4-0 Hull

Agreed, I think Moyes was clever with that appointment. Soften the blow next Summer. Can see him offering the same to Rio next Summer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Good change from Moyes. Has Giggs a contract for another year or just to the end of this one? He doesn't look up to it anymore.

Clev flew in twice there and got beat twice. He needs to hold back more, he can't intercept well and Norwich are getting between the lines too easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hernandez too desperate for a goal, making the wrong decisions.
    Just get another one, I'm not looking forward to the inevitable Norwich onslaught in the last 10 minutes if it stays like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Listening to this on the radio, did they say Janujaz was warming up? Has already come on for Kagawa

Scrap the cap!

bmcc10 wrote: »
    I find it hard to slate Hernandez we all now what he does, Service is rubbish

Agreed, Moyes's selections this year have ruined Hernandez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Hughton takes off a striker for a striker. Fans not happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

**** it.

Mrs Crinklewood says her temperature is right, going to miss the rest of the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement