Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Folklore Collection

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Looks good, I wonder if there are any Irish folklore websites already set up? This just has the schools on it at the minute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Giacomo McGubbin

Putting this online has been a great success. Does anyone here help transcribe the stories from their local schools ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I found my mother's account of a Lios (she told me once that she took part in this project) in her school in Brosna outside Ballaghadereen.

Sadly she passed on last year aged 91 so I can't show it to her, but she would have been chuffed to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Anyone know which of the schools, if any, are CoI? I know schools can have the same name but different religion so I'm getting confused as to whether I'm checking the right schools or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Giacomo McGubbin

All schools were involved at the time, our local CoI school is up on the site with other Protestant schools in our locality, but none of the schools are I've seen are specifically identified by religion as such, it's more the town or townland name. Also if you know the principles name at the time it can be an aid to identifying the school you are interested in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thank you. I don't have the principal's name for that era but will try to find out.

Advertisement