Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop charger for Dell

• 28-12-2013 12:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

The charger for my Dell Inspiron laptop has stopped working. Battery is fine. Any suggestions to best place to buy a new one?
    Had a look around shops PC World had some 'universal' type chargers. Pretty expensive and maybe would not work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭Luckydog69

Just got a replacement charger for a Inspiron a couple of weeks ago from this website http://www.syncron.ie/aboutus.asp
    next day delivery and cheap at approx 15 euro incl postage. Charges the battery perfectly.... the only difference between this and a genuine Dell one is that if you use your laptop while plugged in with this one there is a slight lag on the cursor movement. Done a bit of research on this and apparently there is a microchip built into the genuine Dell one that communicates with the laptop to prove its a genuine Dell product, this is the only setback of using a universal one but its a small price to pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Forever100

Whatever you do, do not use the irish website laptopchargers.ie. I had a horrendous experience with them (Sent me a broken charger, I returned it and after hounding them for several weeks I never received a refund). Try ebay for a second hand charger maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Forever100 wrote: »
    Whatever you do, do not use the irish website laptopchargers.ie. I had a horrendous experience with them (Sent me a broken charger, I returned it and after hounding them for several weeks I never received a refund). Try ebay for a second hand charger maybe?
    They have terrible fake chargers...avoid at all cost. Just buy a genuine dell one in my opinion and you will save yourself a lot of hassle. I got mine off ebay for just under 30 euro I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Few friends of mine had success of Amazon, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dariukas

If you have any friends who work in hotels you should ask them, you would be surprised how many people leave the Laptop chargers and never claim and the charger after a while usually end up in the bin, so you might save some money there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Get an original from adverts.ie for €30. Atfter-markets are sh1te, simple as that. They will work, but unreliable as hell and poorly made.

Advertisement