Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Incident Strandhill Road

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Yes, I'm very confused about it - with all the conflicting information.

It was his parents house. He has been homeless for some time. Appears the family have disowned him type of thing and don't want to be linked in the media etc.
    I'd guess it was the fathers gun in the circumstances but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sometimes these things can't be talked down.
    At Abbeylara in 2000 there's nothing much the Gardaí could have done differently except shoot John Carthy.
    If an unbalanced person wants to shoot it out with the cops or refuses to put down a gun then deadly force is usually the only option left.

I always had a similar feeling about Abbeylara.
    If the Garda had allowed John McCarthy to go up the road armed and he shot somebody they would also have been lambasted. They were not properly trained at the time to deal with an incident like that in my opinion.
    They got this one spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

This thread is going off topic as well as fueling speculation in some cases and as such a court case is pending, so I am locking this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement