Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gerkros oil boiler

Options
  • 28-12-2013 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

i changed the burner on my gerkros boiler (model gem top cleaner 60/95) which has a riello 40 g38 burner unit last year and the last couple of weeks when the kerosene has run low we toped it up and now it wont fire at all. over christmas it was working but then when the termostat kicked in it wouldnt come back on again and would lock out and we would have to press the red switch to atart back up and for some reason there was water in the oil tank so i drained all the water i could out of it till the oil ran clean and is running clean to the pump and cleaned the oil filter in the burner and the tank and oil is coming clean out of the pipes now but when it stars it only hums and then makes a buzzing sound and then locks out again the air fan doesnt even start up. i know it prob the pump but not sure what to do next this happened before and the plumper said he reset the pump how can i do this in detail please as dont want to get the plumber out again. i have uploaded a picture of my burner.

Comments

Advertisement