Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Stoke 29/12/13

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

I'm not saying they have to play every game of the season but new players need game time, and not 60 mins every 2-3 weeks or a 15 min cameo every other week when the game is already a dead rubber. They need a few games on the trot to get into some sort of form and even after they have established themselves they should be playing 2 out every 3 games approx.

That's not possible with a squad of our size, we are overrun with midfielders. A good a complaint, but a few minutes here and there is all we can give to the non established players until they prove form

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

irishmover wrote: »
    On a slightly different note.

I think we can all agree, yet again, Charlie Adam proved he is a scumbag.
    Stay calm,Sandro is watching him ;)

SandroClegane said: ↑

@sandroraniere5s
    Charlie Adams - THE BEAST IS WATCHING YOU!!! http://instagram.com/p/ilsXpZOakc/

:ROFLMAO:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

THFC wrote: »
    Special treatment is going to Soldado because he has a history of being a prolific striker. Ade got his chance last year and Defoe got a number of chances. Neither did anything. We spent near €30m on Soldado, and that was for a reason. In the 5 seasons before he came to Spurs he was the tenth top scorer in Europe, ahead of the likes of Gomez, Rooney, Aguero, Suarez and Falcao, and only one behind Negredo, who is doing so well at City.

He deserves the opportunities he's getting because 1. Ade and Defoe have had theirs, and 2. the above. Form is temporary, class is permanent. He'll come good, just like Lamela will.
    Soldado's season basically only started when AVB got sacked. He's had so few chances it shouldn't be of any surprise that he didn't know what the fcuk to do when presented with so many chances since then.

Assuming he stays fit, I expect him to improve on his first half of the season haul of 5 goals (I am thinking 8-10 goals). A guy like him just won't be kept down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Soldado's season basically only started when AVB got sacked. He's had so few chances it shouldn't be of any surprise that he didn't know what the fcuk to do when presented with so many chances since then.

Assuming he stays fit, I expect him to improve on his first half of the season haul of 5 goals (I am thinking 8-10 goals). A guy like him just won't be kept down.

Well as long as all the other new signings get a clean slate with a new manager and not just Soldado that'll keep me quiet! As I said before it can't be one rule for one player and another for the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

irishmover wrote: »
    Well as long as all the other new signings get a clean slate with a new manager and not just Soldado that'll keep me quiet! As I said before it can't be one rule for one player and another for the rest.

And so they should, you see how much better Dembele, Paulinho and even Dawson play when they are not forced into a system that doesn't suit them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement