Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

balbriggan feud?

Options
  • 28-12-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭

media have been reporting various incidents in balbriggan,one particular incident involved primary school children had to dive for cover as a van mounted the footpath and drove along the footpath.today i read about an incident where two brothers were ambushed inside a balbriggan house and a Garda source said that the house resembled a scene from reservoir dogs.are These incidents connected? anyone who knows balbriggan can tell you how the rumour mill around here runs on overdrive,some people are saying its a feud contained within the travelling community,while others insist its a turf war between drug dealers,either way its bad for the town.does anybody know the truth behind this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

INM overhyping a story seems a more likely explanation to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sounds like Love Hate to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Tis part of there culture, let them be!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Tis part of there culture, let them be!

well that's the thing,some people blame it on the traveling community but nobody can seem to back that theory up,also,two brothers being left in critical conditions is hardly overhyped reporting.the town seems to be going to the dogs,shame really.i lived in balbriggan for ten years and loved it,my ex partner and son still live there but don't feel safe anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The only link I could find about a van mounting a footpath in Balbriggan was from November and if I remember correctly, there was a thread about it at the time.

There doesn't seem to be any particular point to this thread, or link to a current news story, so I'm closing it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Folowing a PM from the OP I'm reopening this. He couldn't put up the link from his phone but it's here: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/brothers-lured-to-peace-house-then-ambushed-in-bloodbath-29872342.html

Let's not speculate as to the identities of those involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

I couldn't care less tbh let them kill one another as long as innocent people are left alone

I'm afraid it's got to stay locked as it's the subject of a Garda investigation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement