Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triton T90xr

• 28-12-2013 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

Problem with a friends shower. It's making all the 'normal' sounds but no water at all coming out. There have been power & water cuts over the past few days due to storms.

Any suggestions on things that can be fixed by a novice? Have confirmed water supply ok and cold water tank is filling. Any other basic checks I can do before calling for an expert?

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Remove shower head, let the hose hang down, then try running shower on cold water setting, that normally works, if not refer to manufactures instructions on how to clean filter in the shower unit. Isolate electricty if your opening unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Is there a bleeding nut internally in these models?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PeterMc9

thanks for the suggestions - I took off the cover, cleaned filter, then vented it. Started to get some cold out but then a very strange noise! Time to call in the experts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

PeterMc9 wrote: »
    thanks for the suggestions - I took off the cover, cleaned filter, then vented it. Started to get some cold out but then a very strange noise! Time to call in the experts!
    Where in the country are ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭trobbin

PeterMc9 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Problem with a friends shower. It's making all the 'normal' sounds but no water at all coming out. There have been power & water cuts over the past few days due to storms.

Any suggestions on things that can be fixed by a novice? Have confirmed water supply ok and cold water tank is filling. Any other basic checks I can do before calling for an expert?

thanks!
    How exactly did you confirm the water supply is ok? I'd bet that it's air locked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement