Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women!

• 28-12-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

'Twas three nights after Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a spouse.

Then all hell broke loose :(

We're going out for her birthday tonight so she's getting her hair done.

She tells me she's going to get it done at the same place her sister goes. I tell her not to. Her sisters hair always looks like a hump backed whale landed on her head when she gets it done there. Her sister thinks she looks like the bees knees when she gets her hair done. We all agree that her sisters hair looks awful but don't have the guts to tell her.

I ask her why is she going to get it done there and she tells me not to worry, she won't let them do it like her sisters.

OK, fine, I tell her. Just don't let them do an awful job. She comes home. I burst out laughing.

It looks like they stuck a dead bagger to the side of her head. :mad:

I didn't mean to laugh but it looked so bad :( I would think she'd want me to be honest with her. Can't let her go out looking like a fool.

Now I'm the fool because she's mad at me...

Women! :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

oh you fool! You never laugh, NEVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

This'll last...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Obviously you have no taste OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Oh you tit, everyones life would be alot easier if you told her "lovely, grand job" but no you had to complicate things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Does my bum look big in this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

I don't agree with the bursting out laughing part but as a woman I would prefer the honesty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

amdublin wrote: »
    oh you fool! You never laugh, NEVER!

I know :(
    It was just sooooooo bad, oh so bad

Links234 wrote: »
    This'll last...

I'm hoping for forgiveness :D

You can be honest with a bit of tact
    Laughing and going "hahah dead badger" is not the latter particularly after time and money was spent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

When I laugh at them by accidents, they cry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Ouch, planning on watching the football any time soon? Think again after the dead badger remark :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Pics or GTFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Serves her right for being so stubborn. At least you got a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Why did she go to that hairdresser instead of another? o0

Normally I'm more tactful tan that. I did warn her though.

What is supposed to be a great night is going to be fairly shîte now.

Damned. Why didn't I use my inner voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

I don't agree with the bursting out laughing part but as a woman I would prefer the honesty!

No you dont. You just say you do!

Its best just to smile and nod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

mad muffin wrote: »
    OK, fine, I tell her. Just don't let them do an awful job. She comes home. I burst out laughing.

Was it one of those charity baggers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Daqster

We're going out for her birthday tonight so she's getting her hair done.

She tells me she's going to get it done at the same place her sister goes. I tell her not to. Her sisters hair always looks like a hump backed whale landed on her head when she gets it done there. Her sister thinks she looks like the bees knees when she gets her hair done. We all agree that her sisters hair looks awful but don't have the guts to tell her.

I ask her why is she going to get it done there and she tells me not to worry, she won't let them do it like her sisters.

Then all hell broke loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Amateur!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

Is her hair seriously going to ruin your night out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

LOTD wrote: »

No she is, cause she be p!ssed over him laughing at her

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

If that's the way she goes on leave her off by herself. Why have two peoples night ruined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

mad muffin

You need to read "A Practical Handbook for the Boyfriend"

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Handbook-Boyfriend-Every-Wants/dp/B006Z36UBO

OP, next time your girlfriend is going to get her hair done, send her to your barber problem solved.

LOTD wrote: »

Her hair isn't even ruined as it's not cut just styled. It's just that there's nothing I can say or do to make her feel better. I have no excuse. I wasn't even drunk. Just stupid.
    Santa Cruz wrote: »
    If that's the way she goes on leave her off by herself. Why have two peoples night ruined

Hehe if only but it's her night out.

I wasn't even drunk. Just stupid.

Happens to all of us :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

You need to dump her.

She doesn't appreciate you caring for her, not wanting her to go out looking like that.

She wants you to lie and pretend she looks lovely? Pffft.

Lol. There will be no dumping. Just copious amounts of grovelling.

I suppose no one likes being laughed at. Especially on their birthday night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

4 months in to our relationship, I told my boyfriend that I noticed I had a bit of a moustache.

His reply 'you're only copping it now?'

He said he noticed it on our first date and thought I knew about it! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Hownowcow

I came home one day to a girlfriend I had at the time to be greeted with the word "Look". I had no idea what I had done but was about to apologise when she said "Look what they did to my hair". I had no idea who they were or what they had done to her hair, it was exactly the same as when I left that morning.

It turned out that she'd been to the hairdressers and wasn't happy. She decided that I was the very many to discuss this with. I suggested in the nicest possible way that she should make another appointment with the hairdresser for the next day and have her fix it. Grudgingly she admitted that this was probably the best course of action and followed my advice, however she continued on about her hair for the rest of the evening.

The next day when I came home her hair was exactly the same as it was the day before and the day before that. I asked her how she felt about it and she said that at least it was back to some sort of style she liked. I had another evening of listening to her talk about her hair.

I wish the hairdresser had made her hair look like a hump back whale or a badger or any other animal. It would have made those two evenings interesting. However I wouldn't have made the mistake of laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

You laughed. Hahaha. Dog house for you, boyo. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You never laugh
    never never never never never
    *repeatedly headbutts wall*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

You're very mean. Why the hell would you make your girlfriend / wife feel bad about her appearance? On any day, let alone her birthday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

The poor woman on her birthday anall!!
    you're goin to have to get an extra special present to make up for that now :)

You're very mean. Why the hell would you make your girlfriend / wife feel bad about her appearance? On any day, let alone her birthday.

I know. I really didn't mean it. I suppose the only excuse I might have is that I was playing with our son when my wife came home and I was in a giddy mood as he was making me laugh. :(

I should really change the title of the OP to: You laugh, you lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

iDave wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO

This is what I'm seeing :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Go down on her, she'll soon forgive you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just say to her "look, let's do the make-up-sex now... it might put your hair back into some sort of shape!".

Larianne wrote: »
    Just say to her "look, let's do the make-up-sex now... it might put your hair back into some sort of shape!".

Im gonna go hang around hair salons & use this as a chat up line.

Youll find my last will & testament in my back pocket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

It's great how the super secret tip to dealing with women being passed around here is "Don't laugh in their face."

AH is smooooth.

• Advertisement

Lyaiera wrote: »
    It's great how the super secret tip to dealing with women being passed around here is "Don't laugh in their face."

AH is smooooth.

I would have thought it was more common sense then super secret.
    AH proves me wrong yet again :pac:

Just like I thought I was smart before that 7% thread :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Then just grovel grovel grovel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Does my bum look big in this?

What's wrong with a big bum?
    I like a big bum.

I agree women are strange sometimes. Can tell the lad wear this tshirt with that top, but if you tell them you don't like what they're wearing its a smack straight away. And then when you do lie, they go mad about that as well! :mad:

Scortho wrote: »

I agree women are strange sometimes.

Ssshhhh!

I wouldn't even whisper this and I am a woman.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

OP, just to avoid ambiguity, can you clarify whether you meant badger as opposed to bagger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

If her hair is shhhhtyled arse ways, Tell her your not going out with her because she'll only embarrass you.

Tell it how it is.

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    If her hair is shhhhtyled arse ways, Tell her your not going out with her because she'll only embarrass you.

Tell it how it is.

Only do this if you have a death wish or you love the spare room in your house.

I don't how how many nights you'll spend in the spare room, but it'll be a few.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

deise08 wrote: »
    The poor woman on her birthday anall!!
    you're goin to have to get an extra special present to make up for that now :)

*schoolboy sniggers*, be no birthday anal in that house tonight :p

All you can do OP is wish her a good night out and hope she's calmed down by the time she gets home.

I've never actually laughed at my wife's taste (actually, no, that leopard skin throw on the couch is just dire, 70's called and want it back!), but there's a thing called constructive criticism, where you don't ever say something looks bad, but offer an alternative instead, but ehh, not everyone is too keen on learning how to do hair and make up for women :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Czarcasm wrote: »
    *schoolboy sniggers*, be no birthday anal in that house tonight :p

Feck you! I was just going to say that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

Tell it how it is.

Or you could use diversionary tactics. Tell her that her arse is looking unusually big this evening and she'll soon forget all about you laughing at her badger head.

• Advertisement
Advertisement