Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The second area is much more visually appealing but the difficulty level really scales off in it. The second half of the abilities are too powerful, I don't even need the weapon specials anymore.

Ya the later tier abilities look seriously over powered, hopefully the captains get tougher too, but it doesn't sound like it.

I am still on the first map. All 4 Warchiefs killed and time to move to the next map.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I was really enjoying the game up until I unlocked Branding.

Now I'm loving it :D

But yeah, some of the abilities you can unlock make things too easy. I've abilities to reduce killstreaks to 5 be able to use two killstreaks, negate one hit to keep a killstreak going, and 10+ seconds before a killstreak ends. Really makes captains and warchiefs (and even large mobs) a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This game is fantastic.

Had a guy kill me in the first 5 mins of the game who went on to thwart for the next 2 days, turning up at missions I'd be doing. He became a level 16, but I killed him without the decapitation and he's still coming back for more at level 20.

Really glad I decided to pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Anyone else not getting Steam Achievements?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Neither am I but couldn't care less, personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it's fun to brand a warchiefs three lieutenants then send him a deaththreat from a 4th - show up and watch his goons beat the tar out of him for ye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Is it worth getting the season pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

it's fun to brand a warchiefs three lieutenants then send him a deaththreat from a 4th - show up and watch his goons beat the tar out of him for ye :D

I got a clip of one showing up with 5 branded goons , it was like the start of reservoir dogs :pac:

calex71 wrote: »
    I got a clip of one showing up with 5 branded goons , it was like the start of reservoir dogs :pac:

link it man, they're hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I've yet to come across the brand/dominate ability myself and haven't watched this video yet but by all accounts is great great to watch it unfold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Started this just now, it's very enjoyable. Combat is a bit easy so far, don't think I've been hit yet is the only thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Picked this up yesterday - combat is ok, I expected it to be tougher and I find the movement around the map a bit clunky - but other than that its enjoyable.

Any tips on cutting the heads off of Captains? Im just slaughtering all around me at the moment and the Captain becomes an inevitable victim!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I must stop reading this thread, im in my final year of college and am trying to avoid buying any games till the christmas exams this year, but this one is so tempting...... along with alien isolation, the new civ..........

What's the benefit of cutting their heads off over just killing them?

Kills them outright, they dont come back as nemesis mobs later when you're busy lopping off other uruk's heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Kills them outright, they dont come back as nemesis mobs later when you're busy lopping off other uruk's heads

Is there a particular move you need to unlock to lop their heads off?

(You have my #1 Boards username. Kudos)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Last hitting (the bit where they are kneeling and the QTE comes up) usually does it.

There is also a good chance a combat finisher (Y + B) (Triangle + Circle) will do it.

Exploding their heads with your mind can also work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Kirby wrote: »
    Last hitting (the bit where they are kneeling and the QTE comes up) usually does it.

There is also a good chance a combat finisher (Y + B) (Triangle + Circle) will do it.

Exploding their heads with your mind can also work.

I thought I have done the QTE event to kill them but I was sure they came back.

Not that I was disappointed, you start buliding a bit of a rapport with them as time goes by.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Just seen my good ole buddy
    Ratbag get killed
    , was pretty sad :(

Fantastic game, onto the second area now, lovely looking. Had 3 encounters with low level captains while I was trying out death threats. Good craic so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Obama and Cameron freak out and send drones to get you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Had an Uruk who kept coming back from the dead because I hadn't beheaded him, but hadn't seen him in a while. Last night he shows up again in the second-last mission. Thought it was a nice touch :D

Still didn't f*cking get to behead him though. If he shows up again, I'm going to help him become a Warchief and have all the captains as his bodyguards. He's earned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Wait....Captains can come back if you don't behead them?

Is that by design or a glitch?

I haven't seen that in my game yet, and I didn't behead them all, some were just stabbings, and my biggest baddie so far (Snagog the Stout) wasn't even killed by me, he was hit with a stray arrow in a fight with me.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F901D753424EF4FD!5465&authkey=!AGEemmLdgjvQs2g&ithint=video%2cmp4

Clip is a bit long, but its a fight I went into hoping to lose to make Snagog even more powerful, but his body guard was more of a help to me as he kept hitting Snagog with explosive arrows accidentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Penn wrote: »
    Had an Uruk who kept coming back from the dead because I hadn't beheaded him, but hadn't seen him in a while. Last night he shows up again in the second-last mission. Thought it was a nice touch :D

Still didn't f*cking get to behead him though. If he shows up again, I'm going to help him become a Warchief and have all the captains as his bodyguards. He's earned it.

I like that the game brings you to feel like that for certain Uruks, I had a guy I've killed a good few times and he just keeps getting back up. Now I just want to bring him to the top, so when he's warchief, I CAN DESTROY HIM AND HIS MINIONS. the little príck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Must dive back into it tonight. Ive been savouring it since I got it, want to get as much as I can out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Does anyone else get a mission to kill an Uruk called "Tugog the Guardian"? He's clad in heavy armor and a shield and an all round arsehole to deal with. When I was finally chipping away at him THREE other captains joined the fight :(.

Anyone know how to break through shields? I assume it's an ability I haven't unlocked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Cravez wrote: »
    Does anyone else get a mission to kill an Uruk called "Tugog the Guardian"? He's clad in heavy armor and a shield and an all round arsehole to deal with. When I was finally chipping away at him THREE other captains joined the fight :(.

Anyone know how to break through shields? I assume it's an ability I haven't unlocked yet.

think ye have to tap A to vault over them and attack from behind. Did a mission last night to kill all the trainees, there must have been 100 of them and then a captain turned up who I managed to kill but eventually had to abandon the mission. Then I took on my first warchief and had him down to one last piece of health by shooting fires and breaking walls but eventually slipped up an died. I'm nearly 30 hrs in and playing lots of the funs side missions so far, only tried for one warchief. Definitely my game of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I was fairly early into the game (two ratbag missions, three gollum missions done) when I spied a captain close to me in wraith vision. I had no Intel on him at all but he only had four or five bodyguards so I thought fúck it, should be handy..

I picked off the bodyguards no problem and engaged him. Can't remember his name because I wasn't around him for long. He countered, blocked and basically beat the shyte out of me so I turned to run. I instantly realised I was surrounded by FIVE other captains including bodyguards/archers and every fúcker you could imagine..

I like the game but sometimes it's a bit unfair...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

A few ways to get around them.

Vault over them with A and attack from the back. You can also insta combat kill them with Y + B. They make good targets for this.

If you want to actually break the shields, about 10 regular hits will break it. If you have a high combo and your sword is glowing, you can break the shield in one hit.

The last way to break a shield is to run at them and press RB. This smashes their shield if done twice....but you have to unlock it and its not great as they often wallop you as you attempt it. A big run up helps.

• Advertisement

GerB40 wrote: »
    I like the game but sometimes it's a bit unfair...

It's not really. You just gotta be smart about picking people off,especially near a stronghold. And if you pick a fight with someone and either of you run away they might come looking for you so find them first.

Advertisement