Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I still don't get how some of ye are getting captains returning from the dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I still don't get how some of ye are getting captains returning from the dead.

I've yet to see it, or at least notice it. I'm starting a second playthrough because my first one was bugged with Steam achievements so I'll pay special attention.

Obviously not doing the job first time around :D:D

I've beheaded some and others have been burnt, killed by animals or killed in an execution that didn't end in a beheading, like slitting their necks or a ground executions.

Honestly I'd love it if some of them supposedly dead Captains came back because I didn't behead them, but I've not seen it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Thanks for the tips, I can kill the regular guys with shields but Tugog has a strength that you can't vault over him and he constantly turtles so you can't attack behind. I'll try destroy the shield next time.
    I've yet to see it, or at least notice it. I'm starting a second playthrough because my first one was bugged with Steam achievements so I'll pay special attention.
    Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I've beheaded some and others have been burnt, killed by animals or killed in an execution that didn't end in a beheading, like slitting their necks or a ground executions.

Honestly I'd love it if some of them supposedly dead Captains came back because I didn't behead them, but I've not seen it yet.

Out of all the captains i'v killed that didn't end in beheading, about 3-4 came back to fight. I think they return to fight over time if another Uruk doesn't get promoted in their stead. So if an Uruk gets promoted and takes the place over another that died, he won't come back. It's only if their position stays open for a good while that they recover enough to come back.

• Advertisement

Cravez wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips, I can kill the regular guys with shields but Tugog has a strength that you can't vault over him and he constantly turtles so you can't attack behind. I'll try destroy the shield next time.

The wooden shields can be broken, I did fight a captain last night that seemed to have a metal shield and it was tough get around him, the shield would not smash no matter how much I hit it, I just burnt the fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Stun him, flurry into combat finisher or build a hit streak off normal mobs and combat finish him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Wait til you can brand him, he sounds like he'd be useful later on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Stun uruks holding shields with an arrow, shadow strike or wraith flash, or lure them near a fire or grog barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭Penn

With the shielded Uruks (particularly captains/warchiefs), I find the handiest thing is to dodge over them, then stun them from behind. Should be able to get a flurry attack. Also helps when in a mob as you get yourself behind the main enemy and probably give yourself a bit of breathing room

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/10/08/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-paid-branding-deals-should-have-gamergate-up-in-arms/

Interesting read on how this was released for review. Luckily it is a great game otherwise there would be a lot of people not happy with reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/10/08/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-paid-branding-deals-should-have-gamergate-up-in-arms/

Interesting read on how this was released for review. Luckily it is a great game otherwise there would be a lot of people not happy with reviews.

Disturbing stuff. But I suspect this has been going on for a while.
    Good to see it being aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

that's pretty f***ed up alright. i actually bought this game because of this "underground" buzz that had been going on. but as you say, luckily it was a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I don't think i've ever watched a youtuber for an opinion on whether to buy a game.I usually just just have a fairly good instinct on whether i will like the game or not but in saying that i did f*ck up with Watchdogs...oh man did i f*ck up with that pile of Sh!te.

I had my eye on this for a while so when the reviews did come out and which most of them are fairly accurate i just confirmed by reasons to buy and im glad i did because this is a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Disturbing stuff. But I suspect this has been going on for a while.
    Good to see it being aired.

Had really put me off the game. Didn't know of the reviews could be trusted. Waited for a few player reviews and videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Story wise the end was good but
    a QTE
    ????? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

calex71 wrote: »
    Story wise the end was good but
    a QTE
    ????? :mad:

Just completed it there, madly disappointed with that. Overall fantastic game, still have a tonne more too do, and recently an Uruk Captain has earned my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Notable ramp up in difficulty in the second area. More of the same but still great.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

I really got the feeling something like this was going on. However I think it was more than just Youtubers. From different previews and reviews I read, it seemed like they all focused on praising the nemisis system in a really unnatural way. Whereas the core gameplay mechanics were often an after thought.

Also, IGN in particular seemed to have a flood of content available just after release. Which was odd considering it wasn't built up to be a big release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Managed to kill Tugog, in way of constantly aerial stealth attacking. Unlocked the shoulder bash ability but didn't work on breaking his shield as it was pure metal rather than wood.

Did anyone else fight Tugog or was the mission only specific to my game? (Maybe it was a different Uruk for other players?). It was a special mission that gave a yellow rune at the end of it.

• Advertisement

It's special edition dlc as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Managed to kill Tugog, in way of constantly aerial stealth attacking. Unlocked the shoulder bash ability but didn't work on breaking his shield as it was pure metal rather than wood.

Did anyone else fight Tugog or was the mission only specific to my game? (Maybe it was a different Uruk for other players?). It was a special mission that gave a yellow rune at the end of it.

That's the only way i could kill him. Dropping down to brutalise his cronies to scare them away and going back up to drop on him again. A major pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Anybody manage to create a captain immune to combat damage, combat finishers, stealth attacks, ranged attacks and beast finishers? Loads of fun :D

Anybody manage to create a captain immune to combat damage, combat finishers, stealth attacks, ranged attacks and beast finishers? Loads of fun :D

Yup. Gorfel F*cking Blood-storm. With his poisonous, bleeding-inducing javelin of doom. Hated him so much. It took all of my branded warchiefs and their followers to take him down. I wish there was an instant replay option for moments like when I finally lopped his head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm taking my time with this game, trying to make it last as long as possible. 36 hrs in now and only 2 warchiefs killed in the first area. I did that sword challenge last night to kill 50 uruks, got it done and kept going for another 50 I was in such a visceral state.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Lads, any tips for lopping off heads? I killed Pasha The Fat Head or whatever his name is last night but I know he will be back and he is painful in my version at the moment. Pretty much immune to everything I have.

If he's got the battle-hardened perk, you'll have to put him down and then attack again to get a Last Chance QTE which should finish him off. You can't leave it to your minions, he'll just come back. Other than that, use as many executions and finishers on the chiefs as possible. Assuming they're not immune to them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Corvo wrote: »
    Lads, any tips for lopping off heads? I killed Pasha The Fat Head or whatever his name is last night but I know he will be back and he is painful in my version at the moment. Pretty much immune to everything I have.

That's some name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

That's some name :D

Ha, I might be quite bitter still and adapting it slightly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 mull13

is my first time playing any of these games Lord ofthe rings ,it is excellent if you like the Assassin creed and batman you will love this game

Advertisement