Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

who_me wrote: »
    Luck has a lot to do it too. I had to kill one Warchief in Durthang, but as I attacked him two other Captains (not his bodyguards) joined in, plus maybe 40+ Uruk and several caragors. I spent ages attacking/fleeing/trying to isolate the Warchief but eventually died.

A bit later I was wandering by the same area and stumbled across the same guy. Killed 2 or 3 Uruks, then finished him off simply.

Moral of the story, when things are going really badly.. run.

Was his health back up to full when you found him again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Was his health back up to full when you found him again?

Yes - in fact he was one of those whose health regenerated pretty quickly even in a fight. But once I was able to focus on him without 20+ Orcs / Uruks trying to hit me it was very easy.

Then again, I never seemed to meet any Warchief with one-hit-kills - as in that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Don't know if this has been posted, but a big DLC pack is on the way: Lord of the Hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm more or less finished with this now. I've a few trophies to tidy up, which I probably will for sake of completeness. I don't know if I care too much about the DLC, but I definitely enjoying the game, and looking forward to seeing if they can expand on it in the same way that Assassins Creed 2 was much better than the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm more or less finished with this now. I've a few trophies to tidy up, which I probably will for sake of completeness. I don't know if I care too much about the DLC, but I definitely enjoying the game, and looking forward to seeing if they can expand on it in the same way that Assassins Creed 2 was much better than the first.

850/1000 Gamerscore was enough for me. Loved the game but it was traded against Lords of the Fallen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

who_me wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been posted, but a big DLC pack is on the way: Lord of the Hunt

Sold my copy but might have to get it again in the future if both the DLC packs measure up!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So it looks like they're adding the "hunt all the animals for all the things" mechanics that Far Cry and various others have. Not surprising at all, but not unwelcome either.

My ideal DLC will be play as the Orcs and get yourself to War Chief whilst occasionally bumping into Talion or any of the other support characters for the main campaign and then running an alternate timeline thing where you march on Osgiliath :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Finally got to 100% this evening.. Was a bit tedious to get the hostage missions done.. :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Been playing this on PC and it just isn't clicking at all.

Feels like one of the bad repetitive Assassins Creed games. I've seen it all after 4 hours and i just don't care about the game any more.

The Nemesis system is just guys who have killed you playing a sound clip that says "MUHAHAHAHAH, I KILLED YOU BEFORE!".

Just bored of it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Until you unlock branding (you wont have after 4 hours), the game doesn't open up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Kirby wrote: »
    Until you unlock branding (you wont have after 4 hours), the game doesn't open up.

Admittedly i wasnt bored by that time but once that was introduced it added a great fresh spin on the first part of the game and it was super fun.

Been playing this on PC and it just isn't clicking at all. I've seen it all after 4 hours and i just don't care about the game any more..

This pretty much summed it up for me after a while, but I was still determined to 100% it :pac: As the above said, I found I started to enjoy the game again when you can brand and I loved being able to ride Graug's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Finished this last night - not 100% like you hermits :pac: but the story.

With regards the ending -
    it really let down the rest of the game. Such a disappointment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Gave it another shot this morning an got bored after 15 minutes.

Uninstalled. Just not my kind of game because i've played far too much similar stuff and the sidequests in this are the definition of tedious.

the sidequests in this are the definition of tedious.

That much I can agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

finally made it to 100% except for the trophies which got messed up when I had to use a different game save

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Really fun game. As a LoTR fan I always enjoyed the emphasise Tolkien put into the the 'baddies', and this game really hits the nail on the head. Right down to the cockney accent for the Orcs, and also the the Orc/Uruk designs are far better in this than they were in the movies. There's obviously bit of an artistic license in there, some of the stuff is just completely made up, but for an arcade-style game it's really detailed. A lot of the stuff is lifted from the LoTR appendices too which is cool. I really like the whole Numenor angle as well, which wasn't really touched on in the movies.

Also the Wraith is brilliant, better than any of the other Elfish stuff from the movies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The wraith's voice sounded so familiar...I thought it might be Garrus from ME3.
    Checked out IMDB...not Garrus...but he did voice a few Turians in the ME series...

On another note...is this one of the few...if only games...with Troy Baker AND Nolan North voice acting in the game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ha, yes he does have a very Turian vibe to him all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,745 ✭✭✭✭Penn

SeantheMan wrote: »
    On another note...is this one of the few...if only games...with Troy Baker AND Nolan North voice acting in the game ?

The Last of Us. Nolan North was the voice of David.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

For anyone who hasn't played this yet. It's coming up on Amazon lightening deal at 19:30 tonight on ps4, xb1 and pc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Think i might get this for xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

For anyone who hasn't played this yet. It's coming up on Amazon lightening deal at 19:30 tonight on ps4, xb1 and pc.
    pure joke, was gone in a second , didn't even show up for me

Just FYI, can be gotten cheaper for PC elsewhere for anyone that missed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

SeantheMan wrote: »

Lego Batman 3 was another and as mentioned Last of Us, I feel both of them are over used at this point, but not disputing their talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Just picked this up on Amazon for £25 (PS4) with free delivery. Seems a pretty decent price for anyone looking to get it. Could be a mistake as the Xbox One is a good bit more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Folks just a trophy related question. I've 2 trophies left for the platinum - the one for 'free x amount of slaves on a caragor' and the one about killing all the warchiefs before any orc can take their place.

Now am I right in saying for the warchiefs one I can use the "suicide" brand power to kill them one by one? But wont some other orc just take their place? Sorry if this has been asked before I didn't read the whole thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

jones wrote: »
    Folks just a trophy related question. I've 2 trophies left for the platinum - the one for 'free x amount of slaves on a caragor' and the one about killing all the warchiefs before any orc can take their place.

Now am I right in saying for the warchiefs one I can use the "suicide" brand power to kill them one by one? But wont some other orc just take their place? Sorry if this has been asked before I didn't read the whole thread

this trophy guide should help
    http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor/guide/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Thanks mate I'm actually at work so cant get into it. I'll just wait until I get home

• Advertisement

Is this very time consuming to platinum?

Advertisement