Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Finally came back to this.
    In the second half now and just unlocked the ability to brand the orcs. Starting to understand now why people were saying the gets better in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭brevity

Managed to pick this up recently, its quite good put i'm getting this black screen issue when playing in full screen or navigating the menu. I have a Sapphire r9 290 with 4gb ram. I'm using the latest and greatest drivers but it's still happening. Had a look on line but nothing and people mention flashing my video cards bios. I have no idea where to begin here...anyone here have this problem?

brevity wrote: »
    Managed to pick this up recently, its quite good put i'm getting this black screen issue when playing in full screen or navigating the menu. I have a Sapphire r9 290 with 4gb ram. I'm using the latest and greatest drivers but it's still happening. Had a look on line but nothing and people mention flashing my video cards bios. I have no idea where to begin here...anyone here have this problem?

It was the monitor. I reset the settings and its working fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

HAs anyone played the DLC for this?
    I saw there was a season pass and either I'm losing my mind of it seems like 2 very average stand-alone Story packs.
    I don't really see anything online pointing to the DLC being Value for money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

In fairness, the game itself is pretty average so I wouldn't be too surprised if the dlc followed that.

tok9 wrote: »
    In fairness, the game itself is pretty average so I wouldn't be too surprised if the dlc followed that.

I liked it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Cormac... wrote: »
    I liked it :o

The bright lord dlc is supposed to be decent. I was a big fan of the game and would like to try it - might wait till GOTY edition goes to the bargain bins first!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The hunting one was merely a reskinning of some of the wildlife, very disappointing. Didn't go back to it since then.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Played this for a while lately and couldn't get into it. Tedious combat and enemies. Boring landscape and quests.

Does it get better as you progress? I put 12 hours into it thinking it might 'click' and it was a struggle.

• Advertisement

I put 12 hours into it thinking it might 'click' and it was a struggle.

You're probably 80% of the way to the end of the game if that's the case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Played this for a while lately and couldn't get into it. Tedious combat and enemies. Boring landscape and quests.

Does it get better as you progress? I put 12 hours into it thinking it might 'click' and it was a struggle.

Exact same experience for me, game didn't grab me at all despite sinking a lot of hours into it. Just felt like I was making no progress or something.

It is funny how some games grab you and others don't, or how some people love a game and others think its crap.

Dishonoured and Dark Souls are examples of this for me. Some people loved them, I personally thought they were garbage.

I haven't gone back to it after finishing the main story and being severely disappointed by the ending. Completely spoiled the game for me.

Exact same experience for me, game didn't grab me at all despite sinking a lot of hours into it. Just felt like I was making no progress or something..

There wasn't a lot of hours to actually sink into it. I got 100% in the campaign in around 16 hours
    I haven't gone back to it after finishing the main story and being severely disappointed by the ending. Completely spoiled the game for me.

There's nothing to go back to really.
    It's not like there are 270 things to pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Worst boss fight ever...

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Worst boss fight ever...

Wish it had a vehicle section....

Did any more DLC appear for this? If something has a season pass, doesn't that suggest, I dunno, seasons of DLC or something to do?

Shiminay wrote: »
    Did any more DLC appear for this? If something has a season pass, doesn't that suggest, I dunno, seasons of DLC or something to do?

NEVER SEASON PASS! NOT EVEN ONCE!

I got the super duper edition with season pass for €25 I think, so I don't feel like I've been ripped. I definitely got €25 worth of game out of it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Cormac... wrote: »
    NEVER SEASON PASS! NOT EVEN ONCE!

Unless it's Borderlands.

• Advertisement

Unless it's Borderlands.

The exception that proves the rule.
    That being said all the DLC, even bought individually, is value for money in that instance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Bought this today,excited for playing it next week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It has to have one of the worst endings to a game ever. It was so disappointing. The game as a whole was grand though if a bit repetitive at times but that ending

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Shiminay wrote: »

There's two single player expansions isn't there? Haven't played them yet mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Finally got around to playing the Bright Lord dlc this weekend. Its pretty tought taking it on from scratch having not played the game in two years but I'm seriously enjoying it. The character isnt as OP as the original guy and a couple of hits depletes the health so a lot of stealth and strategy required. It's taken me the guts of 10 hours to brand 2/5 warchiefs and do most of the missions on the map. Probably finish it in another three or four. Well worth it as it's so cheap now for the GOTY version.

Advertisement