Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Options

Comments

• Will be trading in Destiny for this, should get good credit for it. RRP for Shadow of Mordor is 64.99 but hoping that release day will have some special prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Will be trading in Destiny for this, should get good credit for it. RRP for Shadow of Mordor is 64.99 but hoping that release day will have some special prices.

Man people get really shafted on console, huh?

I paid about 21 euro for my pre order on PC and see prices now for about 28 euro on some sites.

• Man people get really shafted on console, huh?

I paid about 21 euro for my pre order on PC and see prices now for about 28 euro on some sites.

I could buy it online but CBA. And I want rid of Destiny ASAP!

Il avoid the PC version, as I will only end up using my controller if I buy for the PC anyway.

I could buy it online but CBA. And I want rid of Destiny ASAP!

Il avoid the PC version, as I will only end up using my controller if I buy for the PC anyway.

I will probably be playing with a controller too but will enjoy a higher framerate and resolution.

Meh to each their own anyway, don't want to start another pc vs console debate :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I will probably be playing with a controller too but will enjoy a higher framerate and resolution.

Meh to each their own anyway, don't want to start another pc vs console debate :P

Apparently the max/ultra settings need 6GB of VRAM on your graphics card. I sure as hell don't have that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Apparently the max/ultra settings need 6GB of VRAM on your graphics card. I sure as hell don't have that.
    It's worth noting that said requirement is based specifically on Ultra settings which have a special set of downloadable higher res textures and the screen resolution being set to 1080p.

It should be interesting to see some comparisons made once the game is released or Digital Foundry decide to do a multi-platform comparison.

in the meantime...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cormac... wrote: »
    How do you know that? Are you just assuming they only recorded a certain number of lines in case the shadow-AAA-ninjas came in and stopped them for fear they make other games look bad? I sounds like a Massive assumption.

Skyrim had voice acting.

Would you rather just text you can read? That's not quiet as immersive.

What games immersive, dynamic story are you using as the yardstick here?
    The trailer posted in this thread made it sound like they'd developed some miraculous AI story generator with emergent storylines based on your actions like crossing an orc and having that orcs AI decide to pursue a vendetta against you, this is obviously bullsh1t and its just a pre-written NPC mission the same as you get in Skyrim, Mass Effect and a million other games. The fact that its voice acted confirms this. Voice acting is expensive and will be limited in any game no matter what the budget and there is no such thing as emergent voice acting. They might have programmed 50 or 500 scenarios like this but theres nothing new about this Nemesis system, its just marketing speak. I really dont feel like getting into the usual boards 10 page argument over this so if you disagree please just move on...

gizmo wrote: »
    in the meantime...

I seen that earlier, it looks fantastic. Too bad I do not have 4 titans :pac:

The only thing that annoys me and it is silly on my part is the ground is very flat. Like the rocks are painted on to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Thargor wrote: »
    I really dont feel like getting into the usual boards 10 page argument over this so if you disagree please just move on...

Will do :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If that means it is actually going to be challenging than I am definitely getting this game. Sick of all the easy games these days.
    Kiith wrote: »
    I'm happy about this as well. We need more games that don't hold our hands.

I didn't mean it was a bad thing or anything just interesting that they mentioned it.

• Advertisement

• I will probably be playing with a controller too but will enjoy a higher framerate and resolution.

On second thought...maybe I will buy it on g2play instead and use the controller for PC :P

I can keep the Destiny trade for The Evil Within :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Will do :)
    Sorry I sounded like a dick there, snowed under at work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

On second thought...maybe I will buy it on g2play instead and use the controller for PC :P

I can keep the Destiny trade for The Evil Within :)

nuuvem have it for about €23 and they are more reputable than g2play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

gizmo wrote: »
    in the meantime...

Goodness, it looks like Assassin's Creed, only set in Middle Earth, and thus probably has a far more realistic and coherent plot!

I had written this off ages ago as some cheap cash-in, but I gotta say it's looking pretty slick, with some very interesting mechanics. I may have to get myself a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭brevity

Tempted by this...could do with an interesting game to get stuck into. Anyone getting this on 360 or PS3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

brevity wrote: »
    Tempted by this...could do with an interesting game to get stuck into. Anyone getting this on 360 or PS3?

Last gen is only launching November 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭brevity

Last gen is only launching November 21st.

Hmmm....might pick it up around Christmas so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

So I went and watched this (mild spoiler alert, it names the Wraith and shows another VIP), and I gotta say the nemesis system looks like it's not messing about. Some very nice touches indeed. Also some very strong comparisons to the acrobatics of AssCreed (albeit with a wraith-powered boost) and the combat of Batman (with a whole lot of blood and decapitation). But hey, if you're going to use another game's mechanics, you might as well take the best at what they do, right?

I think I'll be picking it up after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2060-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor

Best deal around for those of us on pc, around €22!

Guess I'll have to pick it up for that price!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Didn't think I'd be picking up another PS4 game until Bloodborne but I'm surprised at the reception this is getting so definitely going to pick it up.
    Thargor wrote: »
    Yeah Im sure they tested it to its limits in the few hours they were given to rush them out before everyone else.

Yeah good call, I'll disregard the numerous reviews from reliable sources from reviewers that have finished the game who all praise the system and what it's trying to do and trust your insightful call that you pieced together from previews and the fact that the nemesis system involves voice acting. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2060-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor

Best deal around for those of us on pc, around €22!

Guess I'll have to pick it up for that price!!

got it there now and it was €23.87 for reference

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Skerries wrote: »
    got it there now and it was €23.87 for reference

Yeah picked it up too. Xe.com was giving it as 22.80. Still a good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

http://kotaku.com/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-the-kotaku-review-1639361008

A glowing review from Kotaku. Seems everyone likes it.

A cross between Assassins creed and Batman set in the LOTR universe....whats not to like? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

This game looks amazing on consoles and if you look up the videos of it on ultra settings for PC it's mind blowingly beautiful. The developers have a lot of talent. I know the reviews are great but I'm going to wait and see the reaction from the public for about a week before deciding to get it. Also consider taking reviews released a week after the game a little more seriously than reviews released before. I find they're usually more trustworthy and honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Genuinely cannot think of a game in recent memory that starts as well as this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have to pick this up now it looks awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Pre ordered on the US PSN last night. Hopefully it will be fully installed when I get home from work, unlike FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Would anyone know where's the cheapest place to pick it up a physical copy for the Xbox One?

• Slightly concerned that there has not being any X1 reviews as of yet. I would like to know the tech differences between the X1 v PS4.

More than likely I will choose the PS4 version but would like to have the choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just finished the intro. Looks stunning and combat seems smooth thus far. Actually quite excited for the install to finish and get stuck into it.

Getting it 8 days before Au release for reasonably cheaper is great!

Advertisement