Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where should I get tattooed!!!!!

Options
  • 28-12-2013 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Did anyone have any tattoos done in either Dublin ink in tallaght or Captains ink in Clondalkin. What's it like? Or where in your opinion is the best place to get a tattoo done in Dublin. I am getting a half a sleeve done and want to find a decent artist. A mate recommended these two shops making sure before I decide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Dublin Ink isn't in Tallaght to start with, Tallaght Ink is, and I'd recommend neither of those places, as you can get much better work done elsewhere.

If you tell people what you want done, they may be better able to advise you where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 king909

Paul Aherne in Spilled ink does some fantastic stuff! I would highly recommend him, he done my Japanese koi but is talented in pretty much everything from what i see...

and just to be clear I have absolutely no relation to spilled ink in any way....

you can check out his facebook is under paul aherne tattooing or the spilled ink website!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

First and foremost avoid Captains Ink like the plague there work speaks for itself calling it average would be kind.

As for recommendations as Damo said it all depends on the piece you have in mind different pieces suit different artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jamieflo_37

First and foremost avoid Captains Ink like the plague there work speaks for itself calling it average would be kind.

As for recommendations as Damo said it all depends on the piece you have in mind different pieces suit different artists.

Cheers for that Info. I am getting a portrait of my late sister on my top arm. I really want it done perfect so I will keep shopping around to find the best person.

Dublin Ink isn't in Tallaght to start with, Tallaght Ink is, and I'd recommend neither of those places, as you can get much better work done elsewhere.

If you tell people what you want done, they may be better able to advise you where to go.

Tallaght ink is the one I was on about sorry got mixed with the names. I am getting a tattoo of my sister with flowers Around it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

For portraits look at

Pawel in Skin City
    Joe Myler and Ian Flynn in J.M.D's in Waterford
    Robert Litcan in Dark Raptor
    Michal in Re inkarnated
    Charley Hurmann in Smiley Dog Tattoo
    Marcin Sonski in Zulu Tattoo
    Marcin in Colour works
    Kris - Inked4life
    Tomash B in Hydraulix Tattoo

and lastly but far from least

Remis Cizauskas

Going somewhere like Captains Ink for a portrait would be the biggest mistake you could make.

For portraits look at

Pawel in Skin City
    Joe Myler and Ian Flynn in J.M.D's in Waterford
    Robert Litcan in Dark Raptor
    Michal in Re inkarnated
    Charley Hurmann in Smiley Dog Tattoo
    Marcin Sonski in Zulu Tattoo
    Marcin in Colour works
    Kris - Inked4life
    Tomash B in Hydraulix Tattoo

and lastly but far from least

Remis Cizauskas

Going somewhere like Captains Ink for a portrait would be the biggest mistake you could make.

I will have a look at there portfolios thanks for the info . It's my first tat so want to be sure.

king909 wrote: »
    Paul Aherne in Spilled ink does some fantastic stuff! I would highly recommend him, he done my Japanese koi but is talented in pretty much everything from what i see...

and just to be clear I have absolutely no relation to spilled ink in any way....

you can check out his facebook is under paul aherne tattooing or the spilled ink website!

I will have a look now thanks

Advertisement