Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating kerosine in smaller amounts

Options
  • 28-12-2013 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi there, almost run out of the kerosine to my burner, and cant afford to order 250 l etc..

Is there anywhere in Co Meath (Dunshaughlin area) where you can buy smaller amounts, had a look of some older threads, that some garages used to do that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Slane hardware.

Midway between slane and navan
    Sell in 20l drums

Navan coals, fairgreen sell from a pump like you buy regular petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Thanks, going to visit the Slane Hardware on monday then.
    Do you have any idea of the cost of 20l incl. the container?
    I suspect that they are not open on sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

We get two barrels 50L at Slane Hardware(it's not actually anything to do with Slane Hardware) for €50. But there's a place on the navan trim road that you fill your own and it's cheaper. I believe Ross cross service station is the same, but I've been to neither.

Nice lads at Slane Hardware though. You might need your own barrels though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 harryt

The Gulf garage on the Ratoath-Ashbourne road sells containers of kerosene .I m not sure of the price but give them a ring 8350075.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭drvr

the filled containers (20L) usually work out at about 22 euro. the garage on the trim navan rd has a kerosene pump and I bought a used drum from them 20L size for a couple of euro (last year). griffiths in trim have a kero pump and will sell you a new empty drum for 6.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Thanks all, got kerosine from the Gulf mentioned earlier, 1.10 eur per liter and the drum was 6 eur.

One problem though, the meter froze when i had 5 liters :D:D
    But it will keep me going today, going back tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Berteee

I know of a place near tayto park that sells fuel like coal and far as i know they do drums of kerosene . could b worth a try.

regards
    John.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭drvr

got some in trim 93 cent per litre (griffiths)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 swangirl

I know of a place near tayto park that sells fuel like coal and far as i know they do drums of kerosene . could b worth a try.

regards
    John.

Could you tell me the name of the place please?

swangirl wrote: »
    Could you tell me the name of the place please?

A friend of mine had told me about this place. I'll ask him the name this evening.

regards,
    John.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Keatings in Cannistown sell smaller amounts but you need to bring your container.

dixiefly wrote: »
    Keatings in Cannistown sell smaller amounts but you need to bring your container.

Even 15 or 20 litres??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Even 15 or 20 litres??

Think so, I asked them one day I was there and they said yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Try Bolands in wilkinstown either, fill up what you need from the pump. Can't remember the price per litre off hand....

Advertisement