If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on AV sound system

Options
  • 28-12-2013 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Happy new Year!

Now that Santa has been and gone it's time for thoughts to change to important matters...upgrading my AV sound!

At the moment I have a basic Samsung DVD/Sound system (2.1) with a UPC box connected via phono leads and a PS3 via optical. Both of those connected to my TV via HDMI. This confuses the heck out of my wife despite me setting up a Harmony 650 to change inputs etc.

With that in mind I am thinking to upgrade to an AV receiver and 5.1 speakers so that both devices can connect to the receiver and just output to one HDMI to the TV.
    Compatability with the Harmony remote would be useful.

It's a smallish room and smallish budget! I'd like to get change from €350 if possible.

My wife is talking in my ear saying it all has to be gloss black...but if the price is right we can ignore that request.

Any ideas and prices...including delivery to North County Dublin...will be gratefully received.

Best wishes for the holiday season.

Daniel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Ionised, thanks for the post and apologies for the late reply.

The best system that I can think of, within that price range (well slightly over) would be the :

Pioneer VSX323 - http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/pioneer/vsx323/pion-vsx323-blk

Pioneer SHS100 - http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/42/99/161/S-HS100/page.html

This receiver has great sound, 4 HDMI inputs and is a bargain at £149.95.

The speakers are one of our biggest selling speaker packages at the moment.

The two would come in under budget at 325 Euro or £263 sterling.

It may work out slightly cheaper to go in sterling.

If you wanted to get quite a good upgrade for not a lot more, the Yamaha NSP40 speaker package at £119.95 is a bargain and are better speakers than the Pioneer.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/yamaha/nsp40/yama-nsp40-blk

Total for this with the receiver would come in at £283 or 349 Euro.

These are the two best options that we could supply within that price.

Hope that helps but let us know what you think.

Happy new Year !

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Hi Dave and thanks for the reply.

I like the sound of the upgraded speaker set...I'll trust your judgement on this one.

So for the Pioneer VSX323 and Yamaha NSP40 we are talking  €349 delivered ? (£283)

Would be a shame not to go for it at that price!

How does ordering work here? If I pm my details can you get one of your sales folks to give me a call ?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ionised wrote: »
    Hi Dave and thanks for the reply.

I like the sound of the upgraded speaker set...I'll trust your judgement on this one.

So for the Pioneer VSX323 and Yamaha NSP40 we are talking  €349 delivered ? (£283)

Would be a shame not to go for it at that price!

How does ordering work here? If I pm my details can you get one of your sales folks to give me a call ?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel
    Ionised,

apologies again for the delay getting back to you - and yep we will do the VSX323 / NSP40 at €349 for you - its a cracking system for this money :)

If you would like to go ahead just send us your contact detail by PM or mail to sales@richersounds.ie and I'll get one of the guys to give you a call to arrange delivery,

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John. I did just send you a PM with my number so I'll await a call.

I appreciate the advice and help here.

Daniel

Thanks John. I did just send you a PM with my number so I'll await a call.

I appreciate the advice and help here.

Daniel
    Daniel,

Thanks a million for the order - I'm not in the office at the moment ( I'm probably actually heading for the divorce courts at the moment as I really should be somewhere else :eek: ).

But I'll get the guys to give you a shout tomorrow afternoon to arrange delivery and thanks for the business - it's very much appreciated,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks for your time today.
    Grab some nice chocolates on your way home...I'm sure all will be forgiven :D 

Happy new Year to you and yours!

Order placed.

Thanks very much to Dave and John. Amazing customer service considering I was annoying them with questions on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

Now just the wait for my goodies to arrive!

Just to let you know...receiver and speakers arrived safely. Thanks for all your help.

One sour note was DPD being their usual poor selves. Despite assuring me delivery on Friday afternoon (and me having to be really nice to my boss to get off work early)...they turned up Saturday evening.

Anyhoo...next time I'm in the market for audio/visual gear you will be getting a call from me...plus a colleague is looking to a new TV and has been told where to go (in a nice way).

Just to let you know...receiver and speakers arrived safely. Thanks for all your help.

One sour note was DPD being their usual poor selves. Despite assuring me delivery on Friday afternoon (and me having to be really nice to my boss to get off work early)...they turned up Saturday evening.

Anyhoo...next time I'm in the market for audio/visual gear you will be getting a call from me...plus a colleague is looking to a new TV and has been told where to go (in a nice way).
    Ionised,

thanks for the post and the kind words - could you PM or mail me your DPD consignment number and I'll get the delivery charge refunded to you and ask your Colleague to give me a shout direct via mail or PM and I'll do my best for him..

Thanks again and enjoy your kit!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Ionised,

thanks for the post and the kind words - could you PM or mail me your DPD consignment number and I'll get the delivery charge refunded to you and ask your Colleague to give me a shout direct via mail or PM and I'll do my best for him..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John...PM Sent

Still amazed at the sound. I'm hearing details in a bluray of Alien that I swear I didn't get before!

• Advertisement

Ionised,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John...PM Sent

Still amazed at the sound. I'm hearing details in a bluray of Alien that I swear I didn't get before!
    Ionised,

Brill! and thanks for taking the time to post and tell us how you are getting on with your system :)

Hope it last you for many years and thanks for the biz, it's much appreciated!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.