If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung PS51F8500

Options
  • 28-12-2013 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Best price for this model including delivery?

Also, how much for the 55F8000 including delivery?

which of the two would you recommend as better? will be using it solely for my vast Blu ray collection.

I actually already have the 51F8500 plasma which I bought from PC world but am having fierce trouble with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Sam.

Cheers for the post and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The PS51 is not a model that we sell currently. We did sell this model but due to slow sales and with not as good a performance as the Panasonic models, we took the decision to de-list it.

We do keep the 55F8000 and it's priced at £1749.95 with delivery at £39.95 and comes with the 5 year guarantee.

I personally would have the LED over the plasma as I didn't really like the 51" picture.

The other option that you should seriously investigate is the Panasonic TXP50VT65 which won best TV of the year in What Hifi.

Absolutely stunning picture and I would easily drop the 5" screen size for a better picture and a few less £'s.

http://www.richersounds.com/search/txp50vt65

It's priced at £1599.95 with delivery at £39.95 also.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/panasonic-tx-p55vt65b

In actual fact it was the 55" that won the award but it's a bit more expensive at £1999.95.

Let me know what you think.

Happy new year.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I would rather stick with Samsung to be honest as I like their active 3D.

what can you recommend for me from Samsung on a budget of €2000? I would gladly purchase off you guys than PC world however I would need some deal on the postage - free postage? or a small discount on the set? 'boardsie' discount maybe?

thanks"

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Sam Mac wrote: »
    I would rather stick with Samsung to be honest as I like their active 3D.

what can you recommend for me from Samsung on a budget of €2000? I would gladly purchase off you guys than PC world however I would need some deal on the postage - free postage? or a small discount on the set? 'boardsie' discount maybe?

thanks"
    Sam,

the 55F8000 is £1749.95 / €2159.99 so unfortunately it does blow the budget a little - the 55F7000 has most of the features of the F8000 and is within budget at £1599.95 / €1969.99 and we would include delivery in that price for the 55F7000 - however I agree with the other guys - the VT65 is a far superior TV and you really should have a look at that either in 50 or 55" format - dont just take our word for it - all the reviews of the VT65's have been universally positive.

thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Ok, I have had really bad motion issues on my PS51F8500 (would you believe I have had 2 replacements since November!) so I am seriously considering the Panasonic 55 inch VT65 - is it a really good tv? I would only be using it for Blu-rays, and Smart TV - would Netflix work on it?

How is the PQ ? Motion rate ?

Also, what are the inputs like? I have a 5.1 Onkyo setup on the way to me from the UK.

Anyway, I would defo be interested in buying the 55'' one for just under £2000 as quoted above to me if ye would be so kind as to include free delivery (the tv is quite expensive so this would be much appreciated - I am also a first time customer)

Also, any warranty included? I know you guys include your own five yr warranty on some tvs in this price range

Cheers!
    Sam

Edit: Also, how would this stand up to the Sammy 55F8000 LED?

Hi Sam, the Panasonic is simply stunning and blows the pants off the Samsung that you have been having the issues with.

The motion processing rate is 3000Hz and it's simply the smoothest TV I'vs ever seen. The PQ is amazing.

The connections are superb and wiring any Onkyo 5.1 into that will be no problem. HDMI (arc) with a single cable will work fine.

Unfortunately the pricing on that TV is too tight to do free delivery and due to the weight and insurance needed, delivery would be £49.95.

The Panasonic has a very different picture to the F8000 Samsung as it's a lot more natural and less processed. The Samsung is amazing also, but my money would be on the Pana.

We have a 5 year warranty on that Panasonic which is an at-home warranty.

Hope that helps but keep us posted.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Sam, the Panasonic is simply stunning and blows the pants off the Samsung that you have been having the issues with.

The motion processing rate is 3000Hz and it's simply the smoothest TV I'vs ever seen. The PQ is amazing.

The connections are superb and wiring any Onkyo 5.1 into that will be no problem. HDMI (arc) with a single cable will work fine.

Unfortunately the pricing on that TV is too tight to do free delivery and due to the weight and insurance needed, delivery would be £49.95.

The Panasonic has a very different picture to the F8000 Samsung as it's a lot more natural and less processed. The Samsung is amazing also, but my money would be on the Pana.

ATB

Dave

Whats the price in Euro for the 55'' VT65? Can I get you down to £30 on the delivery, please? I am on a tight budget with this one as the tv already costs quite a bit :)

Thanks Dave.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

ATB

Dave

Whats the price in Euro for the 55'' VT65? Can I get you down to £30 on the delivery, please? I am on a tight budget with this one as the tv already costs quite a bit :)

Thanks Dave.
    Hi Sam Mac.

Total in euro for the 55VT65 would be 2469.99 Euro and I could drop the delivery to £30 which would work out at 37.00 Euro

Let me know what you think :)

Sounds great.

I sent you a PM.

Cheers

Hi Dave, sent you a pm two days ago, please reply when you get a chance

Sam

Hi Sam, sorry for delay. 

PM sent. 

Dave

• Advertisement

Lads, can ye give me a call on wednesday after 2pm to sort the remaining payment? thanks.

I will give ye a call at 11 to sort it. Cheers!

I will give ye a call at 11 to sort it. Cheers!

Couldn't get through to the mail order team. It kept saying thats lines are busy and to leave a message. Can one of ye please ring me today if you get the chance? If not, sometime tomorrow after 2pm. thanks!

Hi Sam.

I left a message for you on your home number a while ago which was the number you rang from.

I'll try you on the mobile.

Talk soon !

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.