Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox one- santa and never worked

Options
  • 28-12-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all. As per title Santa brought an xbox one. Day one edition so Forza came with it. Santa also brought extra controller, recharge kit and xbox live for a year. Well xmas morning was magic great excitement, best xmas ever etc. So went to set up xbox and light came on brick flashed on console and stayed off on console. googled it tried different things but no luck. So next day shop that Santa got it from is closed so got onto Microsoft as said I would skip the middle man. Long story short xbox in Germany though sent from uk. Considering how much Santa spent I am welll annoyed. Is it worth the wait not to talk about money spent and money on hold on credit card? Its ok though I got offered a free tshirt for my sons avator!!!!!! Cross Mum:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

What are your options?

* Tell your family that Santa took the xbox back and they can't have it anymore.
    * Wait for MS to fix it.
    * Hope the bricks and mortar shop has a replacement (unlikely).

I think your hands are tied and you need to wait for the replacement however much it annoys you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I know when the 1st batch of consoles at launch had issues they offered those effected a free game, I'd get back on to them and push for that OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

calex71 wrote: »
    I know when the 1st batch of consoles at launch had issues they offered those effected a free game, I'd get back on to them and push for that OP.
    This isn't true. They only ffered it to those that had the ODD problem where it kept ejecting the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

This isn't true. They only ffered it to those that had the ODD problem where it kept ejecting the games.

Actually you're right, my pals console did have that issue now that I think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

I had an issue with mine after just 2 days contacted microsoft they told me to ask the shop if they had replacement console which they did'nt so I got back on to them they sent out replacement with the hold on the credit card said it would take 3 to 5 days had the replacement in 5 days and had dead rising 3 for free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

goldwing wrote: »
    I had an issue with mine after just 2 days contacted microsoft they told me to ask the shop if they had replacement console which they did'nt so I got back on to them they sent out replacement with the hold on the credit card said it would take 3 to 5 days had the replacement in 5 days and had dead rising 3 for free.

I'm the same, just waiting on a replacement to arrive. The disc drive went on mine after two days:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Nope,

Only for the disc grinding noise was the free game offered, and only if you take the Advanced Exchange option....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Replacement ordered sat night, delivered this morning:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dkod

Hi guys. Thanks for replies and apologise for delay in replying. Well xbox one was delivered on monday. Boys very happy with Fifa on it. Problems with installing forza but that could be the adults. Now to familiarise myself with it as not a gamer though must admit am half addicted to zelda on 3ds. Crap atit but half adddicted. Thanks for your replies and have a wonderful new year.

Advertisement