Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver for Visioneer 4400 USB Scanner

Options
  • 28-12-2013 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've lost my disk to install driver for Visioneer 4400 scanner on my laptop. Have tried numerous websites looking for a free driver download but all efforts to download from these sites have been unsuccessful.... any advice, best place to go? - thanks in advance Wex!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

WexTK wrote: »
    I've lost my disk to install driver for Visioneer 4400 scanner on my laptop. Have tried numerous websites

First google hit I got was direct to the manufacturers site, which appears to work.

http://support.visioneer.com/products/4400/downloads.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭WexTK

First google hit I got was direct to the manufacturers site, which appears to work.

http://support.visioneer.com/products/4400/downloads.asp

Cheers but I'm lead to believe that the scanner is too old for Windows 8 - actually 13 years old!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Yeah, when you upgrade your operating system, you typically lose support for older peripheral devices.

A company is not going to go back to rewrite the software drivers for products they sold years ago. It would stop you from buying a new version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Maybe you could run from a virtual machine running XP, with VMware etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Maybe you could run from a virtual machine running XP, with VMware etc

Does compatability mode not work in Win 8 like it does in 7?

• Advertisement
Advertisement