Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant at top of Stephen's Green centre

Options
  • 28-12-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone has tried the restaurant at top of St Stephen's Green Centre? It is an all you can eat for Euro 10. Passed it the other day but was unimpressed with their signage so thought food might be the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

The Chinese place? Had it once, it's not great but grand for a tenner. Average buffet really.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yeah it's very smalll.

Grand for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Was there once. Not impressed. Great views out over Stephens Green though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Was there the other day. It does what it says on the tin. Fill your plate with Chinese food for €9.90.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

How is €10 for a meal considered value in 2013? Most cheap eats are €5-7 in Dublin city now. Eg Boojum. Yum Thai is beside St Stephen green shopping centre(next store to the old Apollo Gallery on Dawson Street) and its only €5.50 for a massive tub of noodles and meat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm assuming it's a buffet similar to Jimmy Chungs and all you can eat?

Yep, but they don't have anywhere near the huge selection that Jimmy C's does.

10 quid for a buffet is a good deal, as you can go back as often as you want and eat as much as you like. You can't do that in noodle bars and burrito shops. In them, you are paying for just the one item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Evelyn Cusack

If you need to keep going back then you are eating way too much and need to take an honest look at yourself in the mirror

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

If you need to keep going back then you are eating way too much and need to take an honest look at yourself in the mirror

That has absolutely nothing to do with the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Well I like to take a teeny tiny bit of everything on the buffet. And I do these over 3/4 plates. But it barely would fill one plate if you put it in one.

Is this acceptable to you Miss Ev?! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Personally, as a pregnant woman, I will eat as damn much as I like and if someone doesn't like it then they can go swing. GIVE ME ALL THE FOOOOD.

I'll go back to dieting after baby is born.

Well given the amount of them in the city centre, there is definitely a demand for them. Plus, given the austerity times that we live in, who are any of us to judge if others spend their hard earned money for a big feed of grub at a buffet? It could very well be the only decent sized meal in the day for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭bobbyss

The Chinese place? Had it once, it's not great but grand for a tenner. Average buffet really.

By the time I had filled my plate and sat down the dam food was cold. I won't be returning. Should have known better as there was only one other person in it at the time-should have turned around and walkked out. Restaurants with their food pictured outside are to be avoided.

The Kylemore Rest on O'C Street was good. Can't remember how much it cost but food was nice and hot and had a decent pot of tea as well with a good big cup. The sight of it took my headache away immediately. Lovely toast. Fast service.

Eddie Rockets fine also. Clean, hot and reasonably fast. Friendly service.

Advertisement