If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV blu ray and soundbar query

Options
  • 28-12-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Hi just wondering what's your best price for the following setup

Panasonic TX-P42GT60B TV

Samsung BDF6500 blu ray player

And

The LG-NB3530A soundbar.

Delivered to Co. Meath?

And just in terms of selection the TV will be mainly used for sports the only other TV being looked at was the Samsung 40" F8000 how does it cope with fast motion?

Also how does the Samsung blu ray compare to the Sony s790? Although I didn't want to spend quite that much, The samsung is being bought for its smart tv catch up features (rte & tv3) rather than picture but I assume it's picture isn't terrible.

The lg soundbar is just based on a review but if there's a cheaper/better alternative I'm open to suggestions.
    Again rather than action movies it'll be for sports commentary and news programs just as a boost to the likely poor tv sound and for a hard of hearing retiree.

So just as an alternative what price could you do on the

40" samsung f8000
    A cheaper sony blu ray player
    And an alternative soundbar.

Again delivered to Meath.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

dellWlan wrote: »
    Hi just wondering what's your best price for the following setup

Panasonic TX-P42GT60B TV

Samsung BDF6500 blu ray player

And

The LG-NB3530A soundbar.

Delivered to Co. Meath?

And just in terms of selection the TV will be mainly used for sports the only other TV being looked at was the Samsung 40" F8000 how does it cope with fast motion?

Also how does the Samsung blu ray compare to the Sony s790? Although I didn't want to spend quite that much, The samsung is being bought for its smart tv catch up features (rte & tv3) rather than picture but I assume it's picture isn't terrible.

The lg soundbar is just based on a review but if there's a cheaper/better alternative I'm open to suggestions.
    Again rather than action movies it'll be for sports commentary and news programs just as a boost to the likely poor tv sound and for a hard of hearing retiree.

So just as an alternative what price could you do on the

40" samsung f8000
    A cheaper sony blu ray player
    And an alternative soundbar.

Again delivered to Meath.

Thanks.

Just to add my 2 cents - I own the Samsung F6500 Blu ray player and it is a great machine. Picture Quality is superb, fast disc loading times and built in wifi also for the smart features. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Just to add my 2 cents - I own the Samsung F6500 Blu ray player and it is a great machine. Picture Quality is superb, fast disc loading times and built in wifi also for the smart features. Highly recommended.

Great. I assume it has the rte and tv3 players as part of it's smart features. Again as that was the main reason for choosing it over the sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

dellWlan wrote: »
    Great. I assume it has the rte and tv3 players as part of it's smart features. Again as that was the main reason for choosing it over the sony.

Yes it has those along with plenty other smart apps available to download.

Samsung are known for having the best Smart features on their products, whether it be a TV or player.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

@Sam Mac,

I understand the impulse to be helpful, but queries and questions on this forum are for Richersounds to answer - please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum entitled "Charter - Please Read Before Posting" here: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2055564744 - this explains the nature of the forum.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

Hey guys, I never got a response and am still looking for a quote.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.