Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries Memorial Pole

Options
  • 28-12-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Was up in Skerries for a walk yesterday and I had a look at the Skerries Memorial Pole.

I noticed that there appeared to be some plaques missing from the display area. The holes were there and the rawl plugs were still in place but the plaques were missing.

Is it possible that these have been taken as souvenirs? I sincerely hope this isn't the case. Anyone know what the story is?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

There was a problem with the glue on some of them so they have been taken away to be cleaned up and will then be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Thanks Fergal. I'm glad there's a legitimate reason for the missing plaques. My faith in human nature has been restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There was a piece in Skerries News about it last week. There are also some plaques that still need to be engraved & are awaiting approval from the families of those lost.

Advertisement