Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Helm appartments in Westport

Options
  • 28-12-2013 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hey folks, am organising a hen for my sister and the helm appartments were recommended. They seem lovely and are quite cheap at 35e pp. the one thing I need to ask is are they very far from the town? Could you walk in and home from them? Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

cottager83 wrote: »
    Hey folks, am organising a hen for my sister and the helm appartments were recommended. They seem lovely and are quite cheap at 35e pp. the one thing I need to ask is are they very far from the town? Could you walk in and home from them? Thanks in advance!!

Hi, its about 20 mins to town walking as its up hill :D
    If the weather is nice then your ok, if its not then a taxi is required. Its about 3km to town from the Helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭osprey

They're great apartments, it's only €5 taxi into Westport centre too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Great apartments.
    You will have to consider the cost of taxis though.
    No way you'd walk into town in heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Great apartments.
    You will have to consider the cost of taxis though.
    No way you'd walk into town in heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

There is a good selection of pubs at Westport Quay, plus some good restuarants.

No disco tho' - have to go into the town for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

ya on the quay a good bit away from actual westport

Advertisement