Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweets & Bars to AVOID.

Options
  • 28-12-2013 11:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hey guys,

So the idea of this thread if for people to share their bad experiences with sweets and bars, now of course some a sugar crash may be normal because you ate the sweets, BUT some sweets and bars are extremely low quality and make you end up feeling like total crap (along with the taste not good).

So please, share them below,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Caburys I think tastes kinda like American chocolate. Its tastes low grade and greasy. I also think Thortons is disgusting regardless of its price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭Banneret

hfallada wrote: »
    Caburys I think tastes kinda like American chocolate. Its tastes low grade and greasy. I also think Thortons is disgusting regardless of its price.

Yes, I would agree. Some people in Ireland think Caburys are great, but they are low quality rubbish, the problem is they were getting away with selling low quality products at a high price, but it will soon be discovered that Caburys will soon fail and everyone will never buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Banneret wrote: »
    Yes, I would agree. Some people in Ireland think Caburys are great, but they are low quality rubbish, the problem is they were getting away with selling low quality products at a high price, but it will soon be discovered that Caburys will soon fail and everyone will never buy them.

How so? i don't get how they will suddenly just fail and people not buy from them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭Banneret

Calhoun wrote: »
    How so? i don't get how they will suddenly just fail and people not buy from them?
    WE WILL MARCH SIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

The Tayto chocolate bar.

Just no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Amicranky89

I'd disagree with cadburys being unappealing it's probably my favourite can't beat a cadburys golden crisp with a cuppa tea.. And Americans love the stuff if you've ever had a Hershey's bar cadburys wins hands down..but I was so excited abouth the tayto bar and it was a huge dissapointment.. Not mad keen on some of the cadburys marvellousbcreations .. Jelly beans popping candy and chocolate just doesn't taste right..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Reese's Cups and Butterfingers. Oh dear, Butterfingers are so vile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

American chocolate sold at a similar price point too Cadburys is a lot worse than Cadbury. Hersheys would be the better of them and it's still rank.

Anyway. Bounties. Wtf thought that was a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭marozz

Turkish Delight. Yuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

hfallada wrote: »

Funnily enough, I just had my first chocolate (Cadbury rose) tonight - no crisps left!
    I don't eat chocolate regularly, so I hope it's ok to say that I agree with you wholeheartedly- a nasty film of 'chocolate slime'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

One of the new cadburys creations bars i think it has cola flavour in it. Tastes awful. I like the other creation bars though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Was eating a Stinger bar when I was a child.
    Suddenly I crunched down on an extremely hard bit.
    Took it out and it was one of my fillings.
    Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Was eating a Stinger bar when I was a child.
    Suddenly I crunched down on an extremely hard bit.
    Took it out and it was one of my fillings.
    Good times.

The same thing happened to me with a Wham bar! :D Bought one last year for old time's sake and they were awful. Same for those bars called Roy of the Rovers. I thought I loved them but they didn't taste lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    The Tayto chocolate bar.

Just no.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

I agree with all the Cadbury haters. Overly sweet yuck specially designed for the overly sweet Irish tooth! The only halfways decent chocolate is their Bournville dark chocolate, but even that has too much sugar.

Turkish Delight is quite sickening too, but I will admit to liking the Hadji Bey(sp?) mint flavoured stuff - in very small doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Really sickly sweet white chocolate like those pick n' mix mice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Turkish Delight is so awful!

Hershey's chocolate is vile. Especially the Kisses.

Jolly Ranchers, bleugh! Can you still get them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Pang wrote: »
    The same thing happened to me with a Wham bar! :D Bought one last year for old time's sake and they were awful. Same for those bars called Roy of the Rovers. I thought I loved them but they didn't taste lovely.

Roy of the Rovers were sick but I ate a few in my time.
    Remember the Dandy bars. Those things actually had fillings in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Time bars have also gone down that route......

Maybe we have just got old and cynical......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I love most chocolate and most chocolate bar brands. I like both dark and milk chocolate but not the white chocolate though.

I like most chocolate brands took me a while to get use to Cadbury does have a different taste to mars and nestle and other chocolate brands or the home made chocolate brands buttler's be my favourite home made brand as well as others. I'd like most brands but less likely to go for a cheaper brand now I notice the difference in taste.

You get sick of eating the same brand or bar for a period of time and change. I am more of a chocolate eater than a sweet eater but only as a treat to be honest. I wouldn't have each day. Not much of a desert eater really only meals out or special occasions.

Avoid liquorice laden in fat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Lint is ok prefer lindor to it.

Haribo is ok I like the coke cola ones. Miss the frosty sweets though!

Avoid oreo not great taste didn't agree with me at all not a major biscuit eater myself.

Galaxy used to have mistletoe kisses one of my favourite bars but they don't sell them anymore mainly at Christmas but they haven't in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Bennybeau

For f*** sake all the stuff that has come out recently about the crc and Irish water and you spout this nonsense.

I'm not a big fan but Cadbury's marketing has it where it is today as such a strong product not it's quality.

If we had any common sense at all we would realise that it's eating too much of chocolate and other sweet and fattening foods that has turned us into an obese nation. Obesity is now a bigger problem than smoking for causing health problems in this country.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Bennybeau wrote: »
    For f*** sake all the stuff that has come out recently about the crc and Irish water and you spout this nonsense.

I'm not a big fan but Cadbury's marketing has it where it is today as such a strong product not it's quality.

If we had any common sense at all we would realise that it's eating too much of chocolate and other sweet and fattening foods that has turned us into an obese nation. Obesity is now a bigger problem than smoking for causing health problems in this country.

I think you're looking for the Nutrition and Diet forum, not the Snacks and Sweets forum. Either post in the spirit of the forum or don't post at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Bennybeau

No I'm not looking for that forum at all!

Stay away from chocolate where possible especially that excuse for a bar that tayto made (muck)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    The Tayto chocolate bar.

Just no.

Tried it once and nearly vomited. Christ that was rank

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Hate butlers chocolate, mouth feels so greasy after it, yuck. Hate most boxes of chocolates, thorntons, lily o brien, etc, too sweet and too buttery.

Also DIME bars, my OH loves them but they are vile ����

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations with the popping candy and jelly. It's just strange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Crumpets wrote: »
    Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations with the popping candy and jelly. It's just strange!

I'd be putting it under favourites myself, love it. Although I'm not a fan of the pretzel/honeycomb/cola one...not horrible but just sort of tasteless.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

Quality Street are rank, imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement