Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the more scarier believable alien abductions?

Options
  • 29-12-2013 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

What are the more scarier believable alien abductions?

I am looking for more scarier believable alien abductions to read about.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lorrieq

I always found the movie the Fourth Kind believable enough as alien abductions go. It's based on true accounts of events and has footage of people in meditation freaking out/hovering in bed. One man who freaked out in meditation killed his family and children as he had seen these "aliens" and was so afraid he did this to protect them, if you will. Also video footage from a cop car showing a UFO and the cop confirms there is something hovering over the house.

I don't know, but that footage was presented as legitimate and if it is legitimate that's cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

The Fourth Kind was a straight up movie.Hollywood Crap if you ask me.There is no such thing as Alien abduction or anything of the sort.It's people that wake up in the night having night terrors it's an illness end of story.Come back when these so called little grey feckers arrive on the planet....Doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

the scarier believable alien abductions??
    on the movie side i like "signs" until you see the alien, swing away!
    it depends on the type of abduction, when you hear stories of differing abductors. its different from person to person.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

The original Betty and Barney Hill one is disturbingly scary. There were probably more before their time but they got a lot of publicity, also Physicist Stanton Friedman took a vested interest in the case and even befriended the family, he talks about them with reverence.

You can watch the tv movie & dramatisation of the events in the film starring a young James Earl Jones. It's actually on youtube too

tame by today's standards in horror and sci-fi etc, but then the film was designed to tell the Hill's story rather than anything else.

Or if you'd prefer, the actual story told by their daughter and Stanton Friedman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Fire in the Sky and Communion ( when the author was on the late late show about 25 years ago)always put the ****s up me when I was younger. Not overly familiar with the actual events around Fire in the Sky ,but I believe that he was actually missing for some time and most people that claimed to see the abduction have stuck to their story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

The Fourth Kind was a straight up movie.Hollywood Crap if you ask me.There is no such thing as Alien abduction or anything of the sort.It's people that wake up in the night having night terrors it's an illness end of story.Come back when these so called little grey feckers arrive on the planet....Doubtful.

sticker,375x360.u1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

lorrieq wrote: »
    I always found the movie the Fourth Kind believable enough as alien abductions go. It's based on true accounts of events and has footage of people in meditation freaking out/hovering in bed. One man who freaked out in meditation killed his family and children as he had seen these "aliens" and was so afraid he did this to protect them, if you will. Also video footage from a cop car showing a UFO and the cop confirms there is something hovering over the house.

I don't know, but that footage was presented as legitimate and if it is legitimate that's cool.
    I have to step in and agree with what others are saying, its all hollywood, it's based on true events yes but they don't say how much is based on true events and how much is made up hollywood to make the film watchable. For all we know the piece based on true events is that something happened in the town where it's set and the rest is all hollywood made up stuff.
    The cop car footage and other 'real' footage was recorded for the movie, special effects etc.

All movies that say based on true events etc have to be taken with a BIG pinch of salt.

Don't get me wrong I would love for it to be all true (not the people being hurt obviously) but the sad reality is that the majority of what's out there in documentaries and movies is padded and exaggerated for viewer enjoyment, ultimately every movie is made to make a profit so whatever sells will be put to make the movie enjoyable so it makes a big profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Not an abduction story but one with possible alien involvement. And very interesting is the fires of conneto.
    I personally favor the theory of top secret experimental manoeuvres. But that doesn't explain the presence of the magnetic field as far back as 1932. (though of course that could be natural from the waves and the military moved in so see if they could harness it.)

Four middle aged men who presented to hospital with burns immediately after a close encounter though is pretty believable.

Advertisement