Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch & Coastal Flooding Events: January 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

As bad as it has been in Sligo this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

MikeD22 wrote: »
    That was a serious 3 mins of hail and wind and lightning here....nothing only a gentle breeze now

It was weird wasn't it. Like Armageddon and then nothing! Scared the dog witless though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

For a second Thursday night in a row had we a storm on? As I write we just had a long strong gale gust. Mainly fair ATM, just heard a bit of a shower just before the gust. So far the wind isn't as bad as last weeks event. Near Limerick City for the benefit of people using mobile browsers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

It was weird wasn't it. Like Armageddon and then nothing! Scared the dog witless though.

In kilkenny city centre myself so saw nothing (lightning), was there much lightning activity? Thunder woke me though but heard/saw nothing since...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Fairly typical windy night here in Donegal so far though its picked up a lot since midnight, gusting to around 100kph now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭MikeD22

Stock still now. Almost felt like a microburst it happened so fast

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Jpmarn wrote: »
    For a second Thursday night in a row had we a storm on? As I write we just had a long strong gale gust. Mainly fair ATM, just heard a bit of a shower just before the gust. So far the wind isn't as bad as last weeks event. Near Limerick City for the benefit of people using mobile browsers.

I'm not far from you and it's just as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

met.ie wind forecast chart for 4.00. Stormy along the coast. Gusty elsewhere.
    287041.gif

Would love to be out on the Sky road in Clifden right now. Must be some wind out there.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Insane weather as that shower/cell passed over. Huge gusts, haven't been as impressed with wind in ages. Pity it's so localized and I won't have a notion what speeds are being hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Brutal gusts of wind here now just woke me up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭MikeD22

road_high wrote: »
    In kilkenny city centre myself so saw nothing (lightning), was there much lightning activity? Thunder woke me though but heard/saw nothing since...

Lightning was overhead here in castlecomer. 2 bolts was all I saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

its been very noisey with intermettient strong rain since about 10pm here in dingle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Storm force at Mace Head now with 50kts sustained and gusting to 70kts.

Nothing too impressive elsewhere, Belmullet and Roaches Point are the only other stations even recording gale force though its gusty nationwide

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Massive bolt of lightning followed by thunder in Blessingon just now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Thunder and lightning in the distance here in Wexford town

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Severe gusts in Cork now. Pretty scary if I'm honest. Can't sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

Lashing rain and just had some thunder, the breeze is picking back up again too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Huge flash of lightning here in Naas. Crazy now with the wind

Another two flashes

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

wind has picked up here (naas). lights just flickered there, very rarely happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

flash of lightning just now, very distanced rumble of thunder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

pad199207 wrote: »
    Huge flash of lightning here in Naas. Crazy now with the wind

Another two flashes

saw/heard that from here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

very strong winds and seen a flash of lighting here in Kildare the lights are flickering :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

So it's confirmed! I heard the thunder too in Clondalkin, which took me by surprise. Not loud, though. There seemed to be another rumble shortly after.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

road_high wrote: »

I'm just inside the ring road to the north of town. One massive grumbly, growly bit of thunder with that huge clap and a couple of big lightning flashes and that was it. Let the dog out after and it was lovely, calm and starry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Hail, Thunder lightning, heavy squalls - all hell breaking loose now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

Lights have flickered once or twice now in Cork. We're playing a game and Skyping with some friends from a few different places in the city and it seems that everyone experienced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bsal

Mace head 70kt gust

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Another flash and rumble just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

Flash of lightning over tallaght just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

Trebor176 wrote: »
    So it's confirmed! I heard the thunder too in Clondalkin, which took me by surprise. Not loud, though. There seemed to be another rumble shortly after.

Flash of lightning and thunder very close together, the light be bright and the thunder was a kinda loud :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement